• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Just now, sagekilz said:

I'm a pessimist through and through.  The actual cut won't live up to the hype, IMO.

Yeah, me too, but the Snyder Cut of Justice League will be linear in story and style to Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. That, alone, will make it better than Josstice League.

I think it would be foolish to say that there will only be "blips of new footage" when ZSJL is 2 hours longer than the Theatrical Cut. Then, you also have to factor in that Whedon re-shot more than half of what we've seen.

I mean, go ahead and shoot low. I think it's premature to say that the hype can't meet expectations, though.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Yeah, me too, but the Snyder Cut of Justice League will be linear in story and style to Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. That, alone, will make it better than Josstice League.

I think it would be foolish to say that there will only be "blips of new footage" when ZSJL is 2 hours longer than the Theatrical Cut. Then, you also have to factor in that Whedon re-shot more than half of what we've seen.

I mean, go ahead and shoot low. I think it's premature to say that the hype can't meet expectations, though.

All fair points and again, I hope I'm criminally wrong.  Blips was maybe an incorrect word because there'll be a good amount of new footage.  Perhaps what I meant was that the new footage, while plentiful, will be periodic and short throughout.  

Not saying I'm right and not trolling, nor am I being a naysayer for laughs.  Fingers crossed this is a grand slam because what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

10 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

All fair points and again, I hope I'm criminally wrong.  Blips was maybe an incorrect word because there'll be a good amount of new footage.  Perhaps what I meant was that the new footage, while plentiful, will be periodic and short throughout.  

Not saying I'm right and not trolling, nor am I being a naysayer for laughs.  Fingers crossed this is a grand slam because what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

I took it as sharing your opinion. Not being negative.

But in my opinion, I have a feeling you will be way off. Especially with WarnerMedia investing even more to allow him to refine this further while finishing up his original concept. Not the excessive reshoots from Whedon.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I took it as sharing your opinion. Not being negative.

But in my opinion, I have a feeling you will be way off. Especially with WarnerMedia investing even more to allow him to refine this further while finishing up his original concept. Not the excessive reshoots from Whedon.

The more wrong I am, the happier I'll be!  :grin:

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Don't care the recourse, have had enough: the Snyder cut isn't going to redeem this movie.  Being a wet blanket but my 'gut' tells me the excitement and anticipation will eventually become disappointment and anger.  In my heart of hearts the Snyder cut will produce only blips of new footage and be a colossal failure.  I WANT to be wrong however I think the build-up for this will be a major let-down.

Not going to disagree with you but I hope you’re wrong. I certainly believe it will be better than the release we got. The question is how much better? And there is definitely not blips of new footage. There’s enough unseen footage to create another hour and a half film. So we are getting a new animal. Snyder could have spent most of 2021 editing and working on the SFX but he’s dropping it now completely aware of the expectations out there. I believe he’s confident this will wow his fans. If you loved Watchmen, Man of Steel and BVS, this will not disappoint. For me, BVS had three short moments of absolute comic book bliss and the rest of it was luke warm but passable. 

As predicted by the director himself, Zack Snyder's Justice League officially has a rating and the extended cut of the movie has nabbed itself that "R" that Snyder previously teased.

According to the official Film Ratings website the movie, which carries the alternate title of "Justice League: The Snyder Cut" (seemingly for international markets), is officially Rated "R" for "violence and some language." Snyder opened up in an interview about the movie back in December where he predicted that the movie would be given the "Restricted" rating, which won't effect its audience too much since they'll be able to watch it at home and not get carded walking into a theater.

14 hours ago, Oddball said:

Not going to disagree with you but I hope you’re wrong. I certainly believe it will be better than the release we got. The question is how much better? And there is definitely not blips of new footage. There’s enough unseen footage to create another hour and a half film. So we are getting a new animal. Snyder could have spent most of 2021 editing and working on the SFX but he’s dropping it now completely aware of the expectations out there. I believe he’s confident this will wow his fans. If you loved Watchmen, Man of Steel and BVS, this will not disappoint. For me, BVS had three short moments of absolute comic book bliss and the rest of it was luke warm but passable. 

Do you care to share which moments these are for you?

46 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Do you care to share which moments these are for you?

Sure. This scene up until Superman enters. I could watch an entire Elseworlds movie based on Batman in this apocalyptic desert setting battling demons with his merc army.

And of course this scene which is the best Batman fight ever filmed including all the fights in the Nolan Trilogy.

And then this scene which most viewers would dismiss but has made an impact on me.

Edited by Oddball

24 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Sure. This scene up until Superman enters. I could watch an entire Elseworlds movie based on Batman in this apocalyptic desert setting battling demons with his merc army.

And of course this scene which is the best Batman fight ever filmed including all the fights in the Nolan Trilogy.

And then this scene which most viewers would dismiss but has made an impact on me.

Such great scenes. But in the Ultimate Edition there are so many great scenes. To include the linkage with Man of Steel, which to me was a masterful way to build up the conflict between Batman and Superman.

MOS_BVS_merge.gif.baeda30a004ca2fa7084a3adaa5cc1fe.gif

Save the date(s): IGN is excited to bring you a whole new way to celebrate all of your favorite games, movies and TV series: IGN Fan Fest. On February 26 and 27, the free, two-day digital event will feature exciting first looks, exclusive gameplay, cast reunions, new details, and interviews from around the world, spotlighting some of the biggest and most anticipated entertainment and games of the year.

The virtual event will be streamed across IGN's website, social and video platforms, apps and even on your Samsung TV (here’s a full list of how and where to watch IGN Fan Fest). And it's not just about the news, exclusives, and sneak peeks – IGN Fan Fest is all about the fans. See which titles will be spotlighted and how you can submit fan questions for IGN Fan Fest below.

IGN Fan Fest 2021: Full Lineup and Schedule
IGN Fan Fest will bring you panels for some of the biggest upcoming games, movies, and TV series. Each panel will boast exclusive interviews with cast members and creative teams, as well as exciting new footage debuts and behind-the-scenes first looks.

Check out the full list of headliners below, and stay tuned for more exciting updates and schedule announcements about the IGN Fan Fest lineup in the coming weeks!

• Batman Beyond - Cast Reunion and Table Read
  • Bethesda's DEATHLOOP
  • Amazon Prime Video's Invincible
  • Netflix's Jupiter's Legacy
  • Netflix's Shadow and Bone
  • Zack Snyder's Justice League
  • & more surprises!

Justice League: Inside the Snyder Cut with Zack Snyder
Zack Snyder will offer fans an inside look into the making of the Snyder Cut, answering all of our questions -- and yours! -- about the HBO Max release of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

About Zack Snyder's Justice League: In Zack Snyder's Justice League, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and The Flash (Ezra Miller) may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions.

Loving these little teaser drops. As Oddball mentions above, the Knightmare scene in BvS was one of the standout moments and seeing a continuation of that is going to be one of the best things about ZSJL. There just seemed to be so much potential to see some cool stuff.

11 hours ago, D84 said:

It's mind-blowing watching social media call the ZSJL supporters "toxic". All we wanted was what we were promised in 2017. We wanted WB, or whoever in charge, to do the right thing. Not do what's best for their pocket books in the calendar year.

You don't like Zack Snyder's films? Fine. Why are you commenting on a JL post about a movie he wrote and directed, then? Why claim, "you can't polish a turd"? The ignorance and hatred of these people is astounding. Calling a spade "a spade" isn't toxic. Those who lift something up aren't "toxic".

It's not like their are 2 categories of people regarding this fandom, either. There are neutrals. There are people who just want to see the original vision in tact, even though they may be pessimistic. That's okay. There are people who don't like MoS or BvS who just want to see if it's any better than Josstice League. They may not like it, but as long as they pay for it, that's also okay.

The little guy won, though. Some people simply won't admit that they were wrong, in that this did exist, so they're still attacking those who were right. I don't care. No amount of negative energy is going to ruin this for me. Zack Snyder earned this opportunity, and I feel like I helped him get there, no matter how small my contribution was in comparison to his.

Edited by Angel of Death