• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

It's mind-blowing watching social media call the ZSJL supporters "toxic". All we wanted was what we were promised in 2017. We wanted WB, or whoever in charge, to do the right thing. Not do what's best for their pocket books in the calendar year.

You don't like Zack Snyder's films? Fine. Why are you commenting on a JL post about a movie he wrote and directed, then? Why claim, "you can't polish a turd"? The ignorance and hatred of these people is astounding. Calling a spade "a spade" isn't toxic. Those who lift something up aren't "toxic".

It's not like their are 2 categories of people regarding this fandom, either. There are neutrals. There are people who just want to see the original vision in tact, even though they may be pessimistic. That's okay. There are people who don't like MoS or BvS who just want to see if it's any better than Josstice League. They may not like it, but as long as they pay for it, that's also okay.

The little guy won, though. Some people simply won't admit that they were wrong, in that this did exist, so they're still attacking those who were right. I don't care. No amount of negative energy is going to ruin this for me. Zack Snyder earned this opportunity, and I feel like I helped him get there, no matter how small my contribution was in comparison to his.

Agree you can’t divide people into two camps. Personally, I thought MoS was great, BvS meh, ultimate cut was great, WW great, JL and SS sucked.  However I’ve always a wanted them to succeed and they always get my money.  I’m really looking forward to the Snyder Cut and I hope he knocks it well out of the park. He deserves it. 

11 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Agree you can’t divide people into two camps. Personally, I thought MoS was great, BvS meh, ultimate cut was great, WW great, JL and SS sucked.  However I’ve always a wanted them to succeed and they always get my money.  I’m really looking forward to the Snyder Cut and I hope he knocks it well out of the park. He deserves it. 

Suicide Squad is a good example of a movie that I don't like, I don't really have an opinion on the director, but I would never bash anyone for wanting the rumored "Ayer Cut". I do despise the rendition of the Joker in that movie, though.

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Suicide Squad is a good example of a movie that I don't like, I don't really have an opinion on the director, but I would never bash anyone for wanting the rumored "Ayer Cut". I do despise the rendition of the Joker in that movie, though.

No matter. I’m confident James Gunn will make it right. 

Justice League Snyder Cut will most likely be available in India, WarnerMedia has told Gadgets 360, though it's still unclear exactly where and when. In a statement exclusively provided to Gadgets 360, a WarnerMedia spokesperson said: “We know how much Zack Snyder's Justice League means to our legions of DC fans in India and are fully committed to making the movie as widely available as possible around the same time as the global premiere on March 18. We are in discussions with local and global partners and will have more details shortly.”

That's not a lot to go on, to be fair, but WarnerMedia's tone and emphasis bode well. The parent company of Warner Bros. clearly seems committed in ensuring a global launch for Zack Snyder's Justice League. And for good reason. With the recut version of the 2017 movie going directly to streaming — it's exclusively on HBO Max in the US — that means there's a much greater piracy threat hanging over the film's neck. If WarnerMedia is unable to give DC fans worldwide legal access to the film, they will just find other ways to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Of course, whether WarnerMedia actually manages a day-and-date release for Justice League Snyder Cut in India as rest of the world remains to be seen. There's also the matter of where it could end up streaming. The mention of “local and global partners” is interesting in that light. In the past, WarnerMedia has said that in regions where HBO Max doesn't have any launch plans, it would continue to work with existing partners. In India, Warner Bros. has tie-ups with all the big names. Some films are on Netflix and others on Amazon Prime Video. Meanwhile, Disney+ Hotstar has most of the HBO content.

Could WarnerMedia end up going the pay-per-view route? Warner Bros. India has released both Christopher Nolan's Tenet and the Gal Gadot-led Wonder Woman 1984 much earlier on services like Apple TV and Google Play (and now the newly-announced BookMyShow Stream), with the films going from theatres to online platforms in eight and six weeks, respectively. If it opts for that route, Zack Snyder's Justice League would be available for a standalone price, to rent / buy.

The trolls here must be salivating in hopes that this movie will suck. They already have their responses written and ready for that cut and paste. CanadianChaos or whatever his name is has his meme folder standing by since he has nothing of substance to actually add. But I’m prepared. Not against the trolls, that’s not worth my time. I’m prepared to not like this. That’s just reality, I don’t blindly love everything Snyder puts out. Out of the seven films released that he’s directed, I loved 300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and Man of Steel. I didn’t see the owl movie and I don’t count Justice League as his release. Yet. But I’m hoping for the best. But I’ll join the trolls if it fails. Kidding. But I will. 

8 hours ago, Oddball said:

The trolls here must be salivating in hopes that this movie will suck. They already have their responses written and ready for that cut and paste. CanadianChaos or whatever his name is has his meme folder standing by since he has nothing of substance to actually add. But I’m prepared. Not against the trolls, that’s not worth my time. I’m prepared to not like this. That’s just reality, I don’t blindly love everything Snyder puts out. Out of the seven films released that he’s directed, I loved 300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and Man of Steel. I didn’t see the owl movie and I don’t count Justice League as his release. Yet. But I’m hoping for the best. But I’ll join the trolls if it fails. Kidding. But I will. 

Your parents didn't spank you when you were a child and it shows. :baiting:

The new trailer will probably give a better view of Steppenwolf, hopefully make him look more of a threat than he ended up being in the theatrical version.

I've actually watched most of the theatrical version fairly recently when it's been on TV and it's crazy to try and think how parts of the story are going to play out differently. For example I keep wondering what Batman is going to be up to when Supes comes back and how their first meet is going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Darkseid.jpg.0c3dc679359d00b0f61d501edebb474f.jpg

That looks more like an un-robed Desaad to me than Darkseid. I'd expect Darkseid to be more...substantial, but maybe it's just a matter of perspective in the image. Either way not terrible.

2 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

That looks more like an un-robed Desaad to me than Darkseid. I'd expect Darkseid to be more...substantial, but maybe it's just a matter of perspective in the image. Either way not terrible.

It could be the stage of his life this is at. Remember that early history piece is when he is Uxas. Once he claims the Omega Force, he becomes much more powerful and deadly.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It could be the stage of his life this is at. Remember that early history piece is when he is Uxas. Once he claims the Omega Force, he becomes much more powerful and deadly.

Ah that's definitely possible. My DCAU roots make me pretty...snobbish when it comes to Darkseid, but everything Snyder has said indicate that he and I view the character in the same impressive way, so I'm certainly giving him the benefit of the doubt there.