• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That was one of the scenes in which I couldn't tell whether Snyder or Whedon shot it.

When I saw over the past few years there were questions about that scene I went out to research the details and found that photo. Though I remembered there was a video somewhere with Snyder talking about how exciting that scene was with his Superman.

jokercard.PNG.9dd2ef6152c8827018f64d00c7568776.PNG

Zack Snyder's new Justice League will explain why Batman had the Joker's card taped to the butt of his rifle in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. In March, the much-clamored Snyder Cut of the 2017 film is finally rolling out through HBO Max. Thanks to additional funding, however, he was able to do some reshoots, allowing him to add Jared Leto's Clown Prince of  Crime to the project.

Debuting director David Ayer's Suicide Squad, there was a l0t of anticipation for Leto's Joker. Aside from the fact that the actor is known to fully immerse in a role, marketing for the villain-centric feature had him front and center. Unfortunately, his role in the movie turns out to be nothing more than a glorified cameo. Given the shift in DCEU's course since then, it wasn't clear whether or not Leto's DC villain will still appear on the screen. That's until news broke out that he's going to be in Snyder's Justice League.

Speaking with Vanity Fair in light of the recent release of Leto's images as Joker in the HBO Max endeavor, Snyder offered some additional insight as to what to expect from his involvement in the narrative. The filmmaker reveals that the villain will interact with Batman during the Knightmare sequence in Justice League where he analyzes the Caped Crusader. This will function as a backstory to why Bruce had his nemesis' card on his gun in Batman V Superman.

“The cool thing about the scene is that it's Joker talking directly to Batman about Batman. It's Joker analyzing Batman about who he is and what he is. That’s the thing I also felt like fans deserved from the DC Universe. That is to say, the Jared Leto Joker and the Ben Affleck Batman, they never really got together. It seemed uncool to me that we would make it all the way through this incarnation of Batman and Joker without seeing them come together.

The scene explains why Bruce had the Joker card taped to his gun that you see in Batman v Superman."

I’ve been trying to think... is there ANY precedent for this? Can anyone think of another movie in the past that, essentially, got a do-over? Was released, was pretty universally (for whatever the reason) considered to have missed the mark by casual fans, die hard fans and critics, but then not a remake, but a wholly revised version of the movie was then released?

Normally you can say “oh this is sort of like ...” but here, I’m coming up empty.

Believe me, I’m not unhappy that I can’t think of anything... and I’m beyond excited for this... I just think it’s even cooler that this really seems unprecedented (unless I’m missing something).

8 minutes ago, fmaz said:

I’ve been trying to think... is there ANY precedent for this? Can anyone think of another movie in the past that, essentially, got a do-over? Was released, was pretty universally (for whatever the reason) considered to have missed the mark by casual fans, die hard fans and critics, but then not a remake, but a wholly revised version of the movie was then released?

Normally you can say “oh this is sort of like ...” but here, I’m coming up empty.

Believe me, I’m not unhappy that I can’t think of anything... and I’m beyond excited for this... I just think it’s even cooler that this really seems unprecedented (unless I’m missing something).

It is crazy, the circumstances leading up to it seem so unique that I can't see anything comparing either.

The upcoming trailer is going to be huge and really make it obvious this a whole new take. Then only another month to wait! (And fingers crossed the score release onto spotify at the same time)

31 minutes ago, fmaz said:

Highlander 2 is about the closest I can think of. But really nothing quite like this.

38 minutes ago, fmaz said:

26 minutes ago, RickSp said:

It is crazy, the circumstances leading up to it seem so unique that I can't see anything comparing either.

The upcoming trailer is going to be huge and really make it obvious this a whole new take. Then only another month to wait! (And fingers crossed the score release onto spotify at the same time)

Have to agree on this being a unique opportunity.

Sure, we get Director's Cuts that make a huge difference. BVS Ultimate Edition filled in 30 minutes of gaps that were meaningful. But that was a bluray making up for WB Studios editing down Snyder's final cut.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Theatrical vs Ultimate Edition

100 differences, consisting of:

• 60 extended scenes
  • 18 additional scenes
  • 11 scenes with alternate footage
  • 8 extended scenes with alternate footage
  • 1 scene with censored audio
  • 1 scene with alternate dialog

The Extended Cut is 1793.62 sec resp. approx. 29 min 54 sec longer than the Theatrical Version.

And we get films like Apocalypse Now and Blade Runner with multiple cuts that at times get a limited re-release. Add to this George Lucas applying updates every time the original Star Wars trilogy would release on DVD and later Bluray. But nothing I can put my finger on like the Snyder Cut.

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, fmaz said:

The one that comes to mind in the do-over category is  “Exorcist: The Beginning”, which was literally filmed twice over (the first being called "Dominion: Prequel to The Exorcist"). However the difference was the studio wanted a different direction (and to keep using the property), not the general public (who got both movies eventually though)

Edited by Sauce Dog