• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

The one that comes to mind in the do-over category is  “Exorcist: The Beginning”, which was literally filmed twice over (the first being called "Dominion: Prequel to The Exorcist"). However the difference was the studio wanted a different direction (and to keep using the property), not the general public (who got both movies eventually though)

I had never heard of this before. But I see what you mean. The studio made the decision to make up for the unsuccessful original release.

Exorcist: The Beginning is a 2004 American supernatural horror film directed by Renny Harlin. The film serves as a prequel to The Exorcist (1973). It is the fourth installment in The Exorcist series. It stars Stellan Skarsgård, Izabella Scorupco, and James D'Arcy.

Exorcist: The Beginning was retooled from Paul Schrader's already completed Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist, which Morgan Creek Productions executives feared would be unsuccessful. The film was released in the United States on August 20, 2004, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Reviews for Exorcist: The Beginning were overwhelmingly negative, and it was not a financial success. Schrader was subsequently allowed to release his version, Dominion, which was somewhat better reviewed than Renny Harlin's film but still earned mostly negative reviews.

After poor audience and critical response to Harlin's version, Morgan Creek gave around $35,000 to Paul Schrader to finish his version, then allowed Warner Bros. to release Schrader's version theatrically under the title Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist. It had a more limited release in May 2005, and received slightly better critical notices than Harlin's version.

Wow!

16 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Just ordered a Sony 65" 4K TV for this. Scheduled to arrive next Saturday. :)

But now I need a new TV stand! :pullhair:

Do you have a current smaller TV stand?

If so, go to Walmart and for $40 there is a middle base replacement stand that supports a 32-65" TV. It's fantastic, and comes with multiple braces to cover all TV brands.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Do you have a current smaller TV stand?

If so, go to Walmart and for $40 there is a middle base replacement stand that supports a 32-65" TV. It's fantastic, and comes with multiple braces to cover all TV brands.

Yes, my current stand is 32" wide. The legs on this new TV are 36" apart.

I was gonna head to Meijer, first, and see what they have.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The TV manufacturers have to distribute with the wide legs due to children deaths from flat screens falling on them. So sad. :(

But at least you know there is a cost-effective option.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The TV manufacturers have to distribute with the wide legs due to children deaths from flat screens falling on them. So sad. :(

But at least you know there is a cost-effective option.

The reality of this is not funny, but having not known this fact before, it's kinda funny. I guess if you get sued once, you gotta fix it, right?

More teasers coming out today before Sunday's trailer.

Warner Bros. will release a new look at Zack Snyder's Justice League on Friday as part of the countdown to Sunday's trailer premiere. After revealing the February 14 drop date with a snippet of a pre-Cyborg Victor Stone (Ray Fisher) on Super Bowl Sunday, filmmaker Zack Snyder unleashed fresh footage of an Amazon-slaying Steppenwolf (Ciarán Hinds) before unveiling the first look at the Snyder Cut's reimagined Joker (Jared Leto). Three days out from the next trailer for Snyder's four-hour and R-rated director's cut, a Thursday teaser revealed a red-eyed and black-suited Superman (Henry Cavill) — and the ride's not over yet.

After Thursday's eye-popping "3 Days" teaser, the official @SnyderCut tweeted: "Just wait until tomorrow."

:whee::banana::whee::banana:

I love that this film is going full DC with the madness of the anti life equation and knightmare futures, so much potential.

The teaser hype is really ramping up now, I wonder if any of the cast members are due to get involved in some way to promote it? Or would that be too much of a complicated situation with the studio?

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I found a 42" (wide) stand at Meijer for $100. It's at least twice as nice and sturdy as the one I bought a decade ago.

I lucked out at the depth, because I didn't realize how long these 4K TV legs are. The wood stand that I bought is about 1" deeper than the TV's legs are.

Edited by Angel of Death