• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2022 at 9:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

His logic on why Spider-Man: No Way Home's 'Three Spider-Men land' is what made me vote the way I did in my Oscars contest. And I was wrong.

:shiftyeyes:

Even thinking about that scene, the music in my head gives me chills down my spine. lol

On 3/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Even thinking about that scene, the music in my head gives me chills down my spine. lol

Really love the score for ZSJL.

I’ll be gutted not to hear the MOS theme again somewhere, swelling up as he finally confronts Darkseid face to face.

News of any kind of follow up to JL has gone awfully quiet recently. Starting to doubt Cavill or Darkseid will ever be back at all.

One of my best friends watched this on Saturday, as I gave him access to my HBO Max account, specifically to see this. Let's ignore the fact that he's had my login info for months. lol

"Alright that was f**kin good", he texted me after watching it all the way through in 1 sitting.

Another one of my best friends is going to start the DCEU after they install a new 70" TV in his parents' new home, since Man of Steel is back on the streaming service. He and his parents are all 'general audience' status, so I'm very interested to hear all of their opinions. He has already seen, and loves, 300. I recommended Watchmen to him, but it's no longer on HBO Max.

WB finally posted the first week numbers of Zack Snyder's Justice League. Turned out it equaled Wonder Woman 1984.

Zack Snyder's Justice League HBO MAX Viewer Numbers Finally Revealed

According to reports, The Snyder Cut of Justice League was viewed 2.2 million households in its first week, as one of HBO Max's big blockbuster theatrical offerings on streaming throughout 2021.

In fact, the viewership numbers for Zack Snyder's Justice League were only released in reference to how Warner Bros. and HBO Max's currently big DC movie offering, The Batman, is faring. Comparatively, The Batman was viewed by 4.1 million households in hits first week, marking a new high for DC/WB and their brand strategy for balancing streaming and theatrical success in the post-pandemic era. 

What's interesting about these latest figures for Zack Snyder's Justice League first week numbers is that they actually match first week numbers for DC's Wonder Woman 1984 release on HBO Max. Wonder Woman 1984 was the first big blockbuster film to use streaming as its debut platform – and that offering was certainly a big draw during end of 2020, when new movies had become a scarce commodity. At first it was reported that Justice League Snyder Cut fell short of Wonder Woman 1984, it'd be nice to know if that's still true.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

WB finally posted the first week numbers of Zack Snyder's Justice League. Turned out it equaled Wonder Woman 1984.

Zack Snyder's Justice League HBO MAX Viewer Numbers Finally Revealed

I'm confused.

*Now* we're suddenly trusting ComicBook.com as a reliable source?

Deadline's reporting different numbers:

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-batman-hbo-max-viewership-1235009362/

Notes The Batman clocked 4.1 million household views in the first 7 days - yes.

But that Wonder Woman 1984 was viewed by 3.2 million households in its first week vs. Zack Snyder's Justice League pulling just 2.2 million households.

Again, I went to public school, but I'm pretty sure 3.2 million > 2.2 million.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I'm confused.

*Now* we're suddenly trusting ComicBook.com as a reliable source?

Deadline's reporting different numbers:

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-batman-hbo-max-viewership-1235009362/

Notes The Batman clocked 4.1 million household views in the first 7 days - yes.

But that Wonder Woman 1984 was viewed by 3.2 million households in its first week vs. Zack Snyder's Justice League pulling just 2.2 million households.

Again, I went to public school, but I'm pretty sure 3.2 million > 2.2 million.

Sad that your attempt at discussion usually gravitates to derogatory distractions about a public school education and feigned ignorance so as to detract from a topic. Unfortunately it is very telling.

First off the Snyder Cut led to the biggest app download at that time.

Justice League Snyder Cut Drives HBO Max To Biggest Increase Among Streaming Services

Then on the number differences first off with The Batman - a little known fact maybe for you: March 2021 HBO Max was only released in the USA while by April 2022 it is now in sixty-one (61) countries. That means 60 more countries to boost viewership numbers for those that didn't pay attention in public school.

Now on the WW84 vs. Snyder Cut first week numbers, interesting as the same Deadline reporter had published 2.2m in 2021.

‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Ranks Behind ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ In HBO Max Households

Samba TV reports that 1.8M HBO Max households tuned in for at least five minutes to Zack Snyder’s Justice League over its premiere time frame of March 18-21.

That figure ranks behind the 2.2M U.S. households who watched Wonder Woman 1984 on the streamer over Dec. 25-27.

Did I type that slow enough for you? I want you to work through any comprehension barriers.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/26/2022 at 10:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

Sad that your attempt at discussion usually gravitates to derogatory distractions about a public school education and feigned ignorance so as to detract from a topic. Unfortunately it is very telling.

First off the Snyder Cut led to the biggest app download at that time.

Justice League Snyder Cut Drives HBO Max To Biggest Increase Among Streaming Services

Then on the number differences first off with The Batman - a little known fact maybe for you: March 2021 HBO Max was only released in the USA while by April 2022 it is now in sixty-one (61) countries. That means 60 more countries to boost viewership numbers for those that didn't pay attention in public school.

Now on the WW84 vs. Snyder Cut first week numbers, interesting as the same Deadline reporter had published 2.2m in 2021.

‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Ranks Behind ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ In HBO Max Households

Did I type that slow enough for you? I want you to work through any comprehension barriers.

Lots of words, my man.

Deadline's numbers are more reliable than those of ComicBook.com.

And note, that Deadline's reporting references "Warner Bros.'s reporting" - not Samba's.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Lots of words, my man.

And note, that Deadline's reporting references "Warner Bros.'s reporting" - not Samba's.

Well, words for those that have comprehension hurdles to begin with can feel like wizard mumbo jumbo.

:kidaround:

On 4/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Lots of words, my man.

By the way, this was a really misinformed statement.

So Deadline the industry reporting site has better streaming tracking data than a consumer viewer data aggregator? If anything a reporting site is dependent on such services so as to inform their statistics. Deadline actually doesn't have a direct monitoring service to track streaming channel activity.

See the difference?

The movie is good. That's all that matters.

WBD or whatever isn't going to care about what metric we use to determine a movie's success. WW84 is getting a sequel, right? If you don't think that ZSJL is better than WW84, then IDK what to say at that point.

I finally got to see a proper live-action Justice League movie. I have probably 40-50 years left in me, so maybe someday they will do another.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The movie is good. That's all that matters.

WBD or whatever isn't going to care about what metric we use to determine a movie's success. WW84 is getting a sequel, right? If you don't think that ZSJL is better than WW84, then IDK what to say at that point.

I finally got to see a proper live-action Justice League movie. I have probably 40-50 years left in me, so maybe someday they will do another.

It really all comes down to that: did the movie connect with an individual viewer.

Unfortunately we have some on here that utilize select metrics and reports to push their negative stories. Which in its purist form is losing your way for the sake of hating what you don't care for rather than concentrating on what you enjoy.

This movie is fantastic. No matter how much the length becomes a target of focus. But if someone doesn't care for it that is okay too. Until it becomes a target for their repeat detraction.

Edited by Bosco685

I think short attention spans are prevailing these days. How can you binge a season of a show totaling twelve hours and not be able to get through a four hour movie? I had actually planned my day around the HBO release. Was going to watch an hour and then get some things done and return to it. And repeat. I ended up watching nearly three hours before I decided to stop and make a visit to the WC. And then came right back and wrapped it. It was a beautiful thing. I have forced myself not to do another repeat viewing as I’d rather forget some things before I see it again.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, ▫️ said:

I think short attention spans are prevailing these days. How can you binge a season of a show totaling twelve hours and not be able to get through a four hour movie? I had actually planned my day around the HBO release. Was going to watch an hour and then get some things done and return to it. And repeat. I ended up watching nearly three hours before I decided to stop and make a visit to the WC. And then came right back and wrapped it. It was a beautiful thing. I have forced myself not to do another repeat viewing as I’d rather forget some things before I see it again.

I actually had to point this out to someone today when we chatted about the movie.

"I'm not watching a four-hour movie. That's nuts!"

"It's broken up into six chapters, so you can stop it at clear break points and not get lost."

"Oh! Well nobody told me that."

On 4/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

"It's broken up into six chapters, so you can stop it at clear break points and not get lost."

"Oh! Well nobody told me that."

I've been legitimately surprised by how many people there are who don't know this.

I was so deeply-entrenched in trying to get this thing made that it's easy to forget how little the average person knows about ZSJL.

On 5/4/2022 at 1:25 PM, ▫️ said:

HBOMAX is holding on to ZSJL like that little kid. Send it to iTunes, Amazon and other digital platforms for purchase already.

8BD93E38-151B-4051-AD2F-182275EABEA5.jpeg

I agree, but, people just need to buy the disc version. Streaming will never be able to keep up with the audio and visual quality of physical media. The 4K UHD is unmatched. I couldn't believe how much better it was.