• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2022 at 12:19 PM, ▫️ said:

I’m just thrilled it exists finally and we have it. It is a victory.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes, I can die happy.

However, the idea that there could be an alternate universe in which JL2+3 are produced bothers me. I want to live there now.

It truly is an incredible piece of Hollywood history now how fans forced acknowledgement from a major studio it had this in waiting and finally had to release it due to perfect circumstances that further forced its hand.

I've watched it so many times now in color and with Justice Is Gray. And still enjoy it all!

When I watched the theatrical release of Justice League I knew it was bad but tried to convince myself that it was ok because I wanted to love it. But I only watched it once and never had a desire to revisit it. Even when talk of the Snyder cut was out, I still had no desire to see it thinking it was just another cut that would add 15 minutes of useless footage.  What we got was unprecedented. I’ve expressed my opinions on BvS so to say that ZSJL was glorious for me is something. I encourage anyone who disliked or even hated BvS to give this movie a chance.  I have seen it multiple times now and only watched the epilogue once. I don’t care for it. I always end the movie at 3:40:03 when Clark Kent opens his shirt to: “The time is now.”  That is the absolute perfect ending to the film for me. Perfection. Everything that comes after is unnecessary and should have been in the extras. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, ▫️ said:

When I watched the theatrical release of Justice League I knew it was bad but tried to convince myself that it was ok because I wanted to love it. But I only watched it once and never had a desire to revisit it. Even when talk of the Snyder cut was out, I still had no desire to see it thinking it was just another cut that would add 15 minutes of useless footage.  What we got was unprecedented. I’ve expressed my opinions on BvS so to say that ZSJL was glorious for me is something. I encourage anyone who disliked or even hated BvS to give this movie a chance.  I have seen it multiple times now and only watched the epilogue once. I don’t care for it. I always end the movie at 3:40:03 when Clark Kent opens his shirt to: “The time is now.”  That is the absolute perfect ending to the film for me. Perfection. Everything that comes after is unnecessary and should have been in the extras. 

I think that the rest of the Epilogue is necessary. Otherwise, we only really get to see where Superman is headed. You'd be missing out on the Batman taking down bad guys with the Bat-tank (name slips me at the moment), Diana longing for a return to Themiscyra, Aquaman telling Vulko and Mera that he's going to see his father, Cyborg coming to terms with his father, The Flash basking in his glory, and the Injustice League.

The Knightmare definitely does not belong. 2c

This movie was far from the cul-de-sac that WB claimed it is.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:04 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that the rest of the Epilogue is necessary. Otherwise, we only really get to see where Superman is headed. You'd be missing out on the Batman taking down bad guys with the Bat-tank (name slips me at the moment), Diana longing for a return to Themiscyra, Aquaman telling Vulko and Mera that he's going to see his father, Cyborg coming to terms with his father, The Flash basking in his glory, and the Injustice League.

The Knightmare definitely does not belong. 2c

This movie was far from the cul-de-sac that WB claimed it is.

The Bat tank scene - Aquaman leaving in the pick-up - Cyborg playing his fathers recording - The Flash scene with his father and then running through the city and The Atom and Diana scenes are all in the narrated sequence that ends with Kent running down the alley opening his shirt to “The time is now.”  Boom!

On 3/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, ▫️ said:

The Bat tank scene - Aquaman leaving in the pick-up - Cyborg playing his fathers recording - The Flash scene with his father and then running through the city and The Atom and Diana scenes are all in the narrated sequence that ends with Kent running down the alley opening his shirt to “The time is now.”  Boom!

Damn, my memory must be messed up, because I swore that the Epilogue card showed up after the shirt rip...

Drugs are bad, kids!

On 3/3/2022 at 1:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Damn, my memory must be messed up, because I swore that the Epilogue card showed up after the shirt rip...

Drugs are bad, kids!

Now go back and watch it twice more - on HBO Max!

:sumo:

On 3/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Drugs are bad, kids!

But you are correct in that all of those scenes are absolutely necessary. My biggest regret is that I won’t see Zack Snyders The Atom in action. I wish he was established and played a role in JL. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, ▫️ said:

But you are correct in that all of those scenes are absolutely necessary. My biggest regret is that I won’t see Zack Snyders The Atom in action. I wish he was established and played a role in JL. 

Would've been awesome to see The Atom in an expansive universe. It's too bad that he was cast for a Zack Snyder movie, since WB just wants to get rid of everything ever done by him (it seems). Same for John Stewart, etc.

ZSJL basically does a Big Bang for the DCEU at the end. I would've loved for Wonder Woman's sequel to be a return to Themiscyra instead of another prequel.  Not sure what conflict could've been presented, but imprisoning her, for her to research the conflict with Uxas completely, and then show Darkseid invading at the end to prelude JL2 (and incite them to release her) would have been great.

Can someone explain the Knightmare to me? Is Bruce seeing a vision of the future, or is it just a dream? It's kinda upsetting if it's something that's really gonna happen.

On 3/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, Larryw7 said:

Can someone explain the Knightmare to me? Is Bruce seeing a vision of the future, or is it just a dream? It's kinda upsetting if it's something that's really gonna happen.

Its influences come from Injustice: Gods Amongst Us where you have a Superman that lost a pregnant Lois Lane so he has lost his life inspiration.

Snyder was actually going to take us there with the follow-on films where Darkseid comes to Earth, contaminates Superman's mind and then the remaining Justice League have to fight their way back to a better future.

I didn't enjoy any of the recent DC films; they seemed absurdly ostentatious and desperate to keep pace with Marvel. Throwing Darkseid in as an afterthought in Justice League is just insulting to comic book fans. Scrapping the current Justice League projects and continuity and starting fresh wouldn't be such a horrible idea.

Honor Jack Kirby's legacy with talented direction, (not famous but) quality actors, and writing that remains true to the source material. The Justice League films relied primarily on extravagant special effects and the current political climate to manufacture their short-lived success. Thank the New and Old Gods that the New Gods movie was canceled. Do it right or don't do it at all. 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, Frank Castle 74 said:

I didn't enjoy any of the recent DC films; they seemed absurdly ostentatious and desperate to keep pace with Marvel. Throwing Darkseid in as an afterthought in Justice League is just insulting to comic book fans. Scrapping the current Justice League projects and continuity and starting fresh wouldn't be such a horrible idea.

Honor Jack Kirby's legacy with talented direction, (not famous but) quality actors, and writing that remains true to the source material. The Justice League films relied primarily on extravagant special effects and the current political climate to manufacture their short-lived success. Thank the New and Old Gods that the New Gods movie was canceled. Do it right or don't do it at all. 

I respect this is your opinion.

But this ignores the fact Darkseid has been a mainline DC Universe threat and antagonist of the Justice League for decades. And that Snyder had him in the 2017 movie but Josstice League removed the character.

It's like the MCU fanatics that proclaim The Flash movie is 'stealing' the Multiverse concept from Spider-Man: No Way Home when the CW shows were using this going back to 2016 and even had a Brandon Routh Kingdom Come Superman meet the CW Superman along with Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin Flash characters meet in the 2020 Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover mini.

"Throwing in Darkseid" was not an insult to comic book fans: it honors the reality of the DC Universe by bringing him forward.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, Frank Castle 74 said:

...Throwing Darkseid in as an afterthought in Justice League is just insulting to comic book fans.

Honor Jack Kirby's legacy with talented direction, (not famous but) quality actors, and writing that remains true to the source material. The Justice League films relied primarily on extravagant special effects and the current political climate to manufacture their short-lived success.

Um... What...? How is Darkseid an afterthought? He's not some sort of post-credit feature. He was literally Earth's first contact with Apokolips.

Hate to break it to you, but most of the Fourth World stuff is ignored in modern storytelling, and the DCEU is based off of New 52, so... Hey, everyone! Big surprise here! A movie with gods among us, like Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Cyborg relied heavily on VFX!

What political commentary was in ZSJL after all? lol

On 3/4/2022 at 4:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Um... What...? How is Darkseid an afterthought? He's not some sort of post-credit feature. He was literally Earth's first contact with Apokolips.

Hate to break it to you, but most of the Fourth World stuff is ignored in modern storytelling, and the DCEU is based off of New 52, so... Hey, everyone! Big surprise here! A movie with gods among us, like Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Cyborg relied heavily on VFX!

What political commentary was in ZSJL after all? lol

They re-released the film with Darkseid; that's my point. It's a pivotal character and they didn't originally plan the movie to include the character--understand? They added him after the fact. I'm talking about the FILM, my friend. And I said political climate, not commentary, you might need an eye exam. 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

I respect this is your opinion.

But this ignores the fact Darkseid has been a mainline DC Universe threat and antagonist of the Justice League for decades. And that Snyder had him in the 2017 movie but Josstice League removed the character.

It's like the MCU fanatics that proclaim The Flash movie is 'stealing' the Multiverse concept from Spider-Man: No Way Home when the CW shows were using this going back to 2016 and even had a Brandon Routh Kingdom Come Superman meet the CW Superman along with Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin Flash characters meet in the 2020 Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover mini.

"Throwing in Darkseid" was not an insult to comic book fans: it honors the reality of the DC Universe by bringing him forward.

I wasn't referring to the comics, I was referring to the film not including the character, to begin with. They didn't strategically craft Darkseid into film continuity--as Marvel did with Thanos; instead, they said "oh, hey! let's add Darkseid---we kind of forgot that part." That's what I was saying; that's what I meant by afterthought. I know who Darkseid is and I'm familiar with the source material. 

Edited by Frank Castle 74