• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

VUDU and iTunes now have it for sale at $14.99 but the former offers up to UHD and the latter up to HD. So probably iTunes is waiting to get final word from WB Studios of the quality ranges.

:news: Found out from a contact on a movie forum I belong to iTunes does this all the time - it will be 4K :news:

ZSJL_UHD.PNG.baf832c625467a2e0e23d10c6db2d837.PNG

ZSJL_HD.PNG.c0f18ae02b83d171739259d391ba093f.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

On 6/30/2022 at 6:05 PM, mtracy64 said:

The Logan 4K set with the B&W version was only in stores in my area for a short time, but I did buy it when I saw it. I thought the B&W worked better for Mad Max: Fury Road than for Logan. I too want a physical copy of Justice Is Gray.

So true!

I have Black & Chrome in 4K, and it looks incredible. George Miller delivers!

bc01.PNG.c6820b493172101c32ef493e4b7debe9.PNG

Well, got my copy when it drops but I’m concerned that it says HD instead of 4k and no mention of Justice is Gray. It also says, Preorder contents are subject to change. We’ll see.

C0838E5F-CF76-4BFB-A393-A6FE56E9BFFB.jpeg

On 7/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, ▫️ said:

Well, got my copy when it drops but I’m concerned that it says HD instead of 4k and no mention of Justice is Gray. It also says, Preorder contents are subject to change. We’ll see.

C0838E5F-CF76-4BFB-A393-A6FE56E9BFFB.jpeg

Go check Top Gun: Maverick. It is currently listed as HD as well. It's an itunes preorder listing practice.

TGM01.PNG.4da83d4c6463fbbafc963253148700e6.PNG

No way would they just release that in HD.

Edited by Bosco685

Some people have wondered how it would be if Joe and Anthony Russo had directed Justice League, but the directors can't see any one but Snyder doing it. While appearing in a recent video for WIRED, the Avengers: Endgame directors gave praise to Zack Snyder's Justice League.

"I don't know how to answer that," Anthony said. "See the Snyder Cut. That's the definitive cut."

Joe would go on to reveal that that's the only version of the film he thinks you should see."Yeah, you don't need to see anything else."

:applause:

On 7/14/2022 at 5:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

:applause:

Game recognizes game. I wish that the Russo Bros could direct action like ZS does.

I would really like to know how VFX artists feel about Snyder's projects. By all accounts it looks like they hate working with Disney and Marvel, as they change things late-game and don't move deadlines. Considering Snyder's "visionary" style of planning, I'm extremely curious as to how easy or difficult his movies are for VFX artists.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Game recognizes game. I wish that the Russo Bros could direct action like ZS does.

I would really like to know how VFX artists feel about Snyder's projects. By all accounts it looks like they hate working with Disney and Marvel, as they change things late-game and don't move deadlines. Considering Snyder's "visionary" style of planning, I'm extremely curious as to how easy or difficult his movies are for VFX artists.

The VFX experts at Corridor Crew went nuts over the effort invested in making the Snyder Cut the defacto example of what WB/DC should be pushing for as part of its wider DC Multiverse efforts.

They loved details like this scene where the tiniest of details were accounted for. Including ripples in waters as he walks through a puddle.

ZSJL_VFX.thumb.PNG.00274695b2f52c449a00cefad011cad7.PNG

Oh. And they addressed Whedon's Cavill Moustache too.

:shiftyeyes:

Edited by Bosco685

On 7/14/2022 at 6:50 AM, telerites said:

I don't know if I should be ashamed to say that the only movie on that list that I have seen is ZS Justice League.

Good news, Jeff. And IMHO well worth the purchase. Come Tuesday, you can purchase the Snyder Cut digitally for only $14.99 in 4K/UHD.

VUDU_ZSJL01.png.d5d60552c019e0f4a426db3cd513a9d5.png

Even if you don't have 4K-capable devices at this time, buy it at a higher quality. It will adjust for the capabilities of your current devices. And later on if/when you do buy 4K-capable devices, no need to upgrade your movies.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

The VFX experts at Corridor Crew went nuts over the effort invested in making the Snyder Cut the defacto example of what WB/DC should be pushing for as part of its wider DC Multiverse efforts.

They loved details like this scene where the tiniest of details were accounted for. Including ripples in waters as he walks through a puddle.

ZSJL_VFX.thumb.PNG.00274695b2f52c449a00cefad011cad7.PNG

Oh. And they addressed Whedon's Cavill Moustache too.

Yeah, I'm familiar with all of that. I'm more interested in hearing from people who worked on his movies, curious if his projects are any easier to deal with.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, I'm familiar with all of that. I'm more interested in hearing from people who worked on his movies, curious if his projects are any easier to deal with.

There are so many articles with interviews of actors and crew working with Zack Snyder. But this one is very interesting concerning the editing team that was involved in all the cuts of Justice League. Though a portion of the team was let go so Joss Whedon could bring his own people onboard. A few had even worked with Christopher Nolan on the Dark Knight Trilogy. So they know their business.

ART OF THE CUT with the editors of Zack Snyder’s “Justice League”

Art of the Cut this week welcomes the editing team behind Zack Snyder’s Justice League. Those editors are David Brenner, ACE; Dody Dorn, ACE; and Carlos Castillon.

• David Brenner’s credits go back to the 1980s with Talk Radio, Born on the Fourth of July, and The Doors. Born on the Fourth of July won Brenner an Oscar for Outstanding Editing in 1990, with co-editor, Joe Hutshing. His credits also include such notable blockbusters as Independence Day, The Patriot, Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides, Man of Steel, 300: Rise of an Empire, and, most recently, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He also cut the original 2017 theatrical release of Justice League. I last interviewed him for Batman v Superman.
  • Dody Dorn received an Oscar® nomination for Christopher Nolan’s debut feature, Memento. She also worked for Nolan again on Insomnia and then began a collaboration with Ridley Scott, editing his next three films — Matchstick Men, Kingdom of Heaven and A Good Year. She also cut the film Fury among many TV shows and features. She was a Sound Editor on Silverado, The Big Chill, and Children of a Lesser God and Dorn won a Golden Reel Award for Best Sound for James Cameron’s sci-fi epic, The Abyss. I last spoke with Dody about her editing of Power Rangers.
  • Carlos Castillon has been an assistant editor on some of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters, starting as an apprentice editor on the first Iron Man movie. His work as an assistant editor includes, Iron Man 2, Cowboys versus Aliens, Man of Steel, 300, Batman vs Superman, Justice League, Aquaman and Spiderman: Far from Home.
  • BRENNER: When Zack stepped off, I asked, “What do you want me to do?” He said, I want you to stay, I want Junkie (Tom. Holkenborg the composer) to stay. I want everybody to stay because I want the best influence on this movie.” So I talked to the studio and asked if I could finish what Zack and I had been doing, which was to try to get to where the studio wanted to be with the release length. So while I started to do that, Zack asked me, “What’s the “A” cut going to be?” So I started putting that back together. I started building that into what we called… What did we call it, Carlos?
  • CASTILLON: The ZSU — Zack Snyder Ultimate.
  • BRENNER: So it was a variation of the “A” cut. Pretty soon the studio told me, “Your services are no longer needed” — because they were hiring a new editing team. I had another few weeks to put that together and I left.

DORN: Yes. Those scenes were all reworked. Zack rewrote the dialogue. We recorded it with editing room voices — mostly Zach and Carlos — and then we fleshed out those scenes and then we had to do remote ADR with those characters so that the animation for the VFX could be done appropriately with the right lip sync. We also added in the Martian Manhunter in the middle of the movie with Martha and the Joker scene was written obviously, then the last scene with Martian Manhunter was supposed to be Green Lantern, but Warner Bros wouldn’t allow that so that scene was rewritten. A version of it — where Bruce wakes up — had been shot in the original shoot, but the other side of the character was never shot, so they just reshot the whole thing.

• BRENNER: One of the things I was really blown away by at the very beginning was the casting of Steppenwolf and DeSaad because they were these fantastic Shakespearean English actors. And I remember just watching the scenes in motion capture and facial capture thinking, “This is gripping.” Because it is Shakespearean, it’s kings and quests for power and wanting to be accepted and all this great stuff that I don’t think ended up in the other version. I just remember being blown away by it and it only got better. It only got more interesting and more complex because Zack wanted a villain that was complex. He wanted a villain who looked more alien, but whose emotions were more human. Because what the studio wanted was a Steppenwolf that was a little bit less scary and had a face that looked more human but who ended up being a little bit more arch.
  • DORN: Absolutely. We really worked on giving complexity and backstory to Steppenwolf that made him almost sympathetic. And there are a couple of scenes and shots where he looks like he’s on the verge of tears. It’s kind of another daddy story where he wants to please his uncle, DeSaad, and he keeps begging to go back to the home planet. He’s told, “No! You have to work harder until you do this, this or this. You can’t come home.” To me, I love that because I love being able to identify with the bad guy. And I think Zack really wanted that.
  • HULLFISH: Yeah, I just watched that scene where he says, “You’ve got to go back and destroy another fifty thousand worlds before you come home.” and he does look hurt.
  • BRENNER: That hurt reaction was always there at the beginning. I remember it was something that the actor did and this look on his face.

You can tell these editors just loved what they were doing, and the story they were forming through cuts with Snyder. Especially the emotional buildup of the characters.

@Bosco685, I found this comment elsewhere:

I read an account from a gfx guy who said Zack came to their offices and enthusiatically talked then through the whole film (Not MoS) and the shots they were trying to achieve. The guy summed it up by saying directors almost never do this, and he would jump at the opportunity to work on another Zack project.

On 6/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

VUDU and iTunes now have it for sale at $14.99 but the former offers up to UHD and the latter up to HD. So probably iTunes is waiting to get final word from WB Studios of the quality ranges.

:news: Found out from a contact on a movie forum I belong to iTunes does this all the time - it will be 4K :news:

ZSJL_UHD.PNG.baf832c625467a2e0e23d10c6db2d837.PNG

ZSJL_HD.PNG.c0f18ae02b83d171739259d391ba093f.PNG

:bump:

Tuesday (7/19) release

:banana:

So the day before the Snyder Cut digital copy goes live Rolling Stone Magazine drops an article proclaiming a large portion of his fanbase are bots??

Exclusive: Fake Accounts Fueled the ‘Snyder Cut’ Online Army

No way the media and reporting sites have it in for Zack Snyder. It's a conspiracy, man.

Yet the author has been trashing him for years because she is a huge Joss Whedon fan.

FYA4gBVXEAEwXyg.thumb.jpeg.be057a13a7a3ebc03d77362b31515603.jpeg

Talk about abusing your influence power to build a narrative.

FYAs5hwWYAAXAUT.thumb.jpeg.36244e4738354111148d5d3fdde170bd.jpeg

Darksiders has spoken!

Edited by Bosco685