• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

antilife_equation.jpeg.fad14de29a7a02e99acaccbf9dbe386c.jpeg

That's the Anti-Life Equation that Steppenwolf reveals. :banana:

Do they have a shot of the equation without Darkseid in the way? I suppose this would be the equation that keeps everyone enslaved with a hive mind. It's interesting to note the sauwastika, which symbolizing night or tantric aspects of Kali. The trident represents Shiva, but here it's probably identified with Aquaman. I'm looking forward to this & will probably watch a few of Snyder's other films as well.

Zack Snyder's Justice League has been confirmed to clock in at around four hours, meaning that the film will be the longest DCEU entry. Originally, the Snyder Cut was intended to be released as a four-part mini-series, but the initial plan was changed, ultimately leading to the confirmation that it will debut as a “one-shot.”

This development was a game-changer for a number of reasons, considering the respective advantages and disadvantages of a weekly rollout. It was also rumored that the change in the in release strategy was due to specifics about talent compensation, but nothing has been confirmed. 

15 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Do they have a shot of the equation without Darkseid in the way? I suppose this would be the equation that keeps everyone enslaved with a hive mind. It's interesting to note the sauwastika, which symbolizing night or tantric aspects of Kali. The trident represents Shiva, but here it's probably identified with Aquaman. I'm looking forward to this & will probably watch a few of Snyder's other films as well.

Anti_Life_Equation.jpg.c408a09cbb7537d4c9356974b3d0438a.jpg

:baiting:

On a more serious note...

Anti-Life Equation

The Formula
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

The full formula typically manifests itself physically as a series of fiery, inscrutable alien symbols and glyphs which form around the one who uses it, while incomplete fragments are projected as singular glyphs. By speaking the Equation, Darkseid can insert the full formula into people's minds, giving them the mathematical certainty that life, hope, and freedom are all pointless.

• In Jack Kirby's original comics, the Anti-Life Equation is said to give the being who learns it power to dominate the will of all sentient and sapient races. It is called the Anti-Life Equation because "if someone possesses absolute control over you—you're not really alive." Most stories featuring the Equation use this concept. A full version of the equation supposedly existed in the mind of the millionaire "Billion Dollar" Bates, but he took it to his death.
  • In Jim Starlin's miniseries Cosmic Odyssey (Volume 1), the Anti-Life Equation is revealed as a living entity, which even Darkseid cannot control, and is subsequently blocked from ever entering the Milky Way again by Doctor Fate. This version has not been referred to again.
  • John Ostrander's Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) series (2001) reveals that, long ago, Darkseid learned of the Martian philosophy that free will could be described by a "Life Equation". This led him to consider that there must be a negative corollary to this equation.
  • In the World's Funnest Elseworlds one-shot (2001), created by Evan Dorkin and a variety of artists, a conflict between Bat-Mite and Mister Mxyzptlk inadvertently destroys the DCU, (including many Pre-Crisis worlds). When they destroy Apokolips, the sole survivor is Darkseid, who is left floating in space with a piece of paper with the equation drawn on it; the paper has a diagram to the effect of "Mister Mxyzptlk + Bat-Mite = Anti-life". This causes Darkseid to laugh uncontrollably.
  • In Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle (2005), by Grant Morrison, Darkseid (or Dark Side, as he now calls himself) has gained full control of the Anti-Life Equation. By speaking, he can insert the full formula into people's minds, giving them the mathematical certainty that life, hope and freedom are all pointless. Shilo Norman (the current Mister Miracle) is able to break free from this with the help of Metron. However, it is implied that these events did not happen in the main reality, but in a tangent universe inside a black hole.

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Anti_Life_Equation.jpg.c408a09cbb7537d4c9356974b3d0438a.jpg

:baiting:

On a more serious note...

Anti-Life Equation

I think that the life & anti life equations are the same. It's just a matter of understands that other people's actions & words have influence over us. You just have to choose which side you follow. I know a lot of people thought WW84 was a lemon, but I think that's what they were trying to convey. We're constantly being monitored & directed through modern technology like rats in a maze, but we can get our freedom back by waking up to those facts & giving up the lies they promise us.

19 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I think that the life & anti life equations are the same. It's just a matter of understands that other people's actions & words have influence over us. You just have to choose which side you follow. I know a lot of people thought WW84 was a lemon, but I think that's what they were trying to convey. We're constantly being monitored & directed through modern technology like rats in a maze, but we can get our freedom back by waking up to those facts & giving up the lies they promise us.

It's a very logical observation. And fits the themes. But unfortunately people need simple and straightforward too often.

36 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It's a very logical observation. And fits the themes. But unfortunately people need simple and straightforward too often.

I'm watching The Da Vinci Code now, so I'll probably have more mind bending thoughts tonight. I just can't seem to help myself.:sorry: