• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder says it was "important for fans" to see the DCEU Batman (Ben Affleck) and Joker (Jared Leto) collide in Zack Snyder's Justice League, where Leto reprises his role for the first time since 2016's Suicide Squad. When revealing the first look at a world-weary and reimagined Joker from an apocalyptic possible future — the Knightmare sequence first glimpsed in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — Snyder described the meeting as a scene about "Joker talking directly to Batman about Batman," where the psychopath psychoanalyzes the Dark Knight "about who he is and what he is."

"Part of the reason I really wanted to do the scene was because I felt like this universe, it was important to me that Batman and Joker have a scene together," Snyder said on I Minutemen, adding the Batman versus Joker conflict is "central to the universe."

"And it seemed odd to me, or a shame [we haven't seen them together]. And frankly, it was a conflict that I had planned for, the Knightmare sequence," Snyder added. "I was excited to get the opportunity to do it, to have a little taste of it. So I thought it was important for fans to see their Batman and this cinematic universe's Joker come into some small conflict. Yeah, they have a little bit of history (laughs)."

Batman and Joker almost crossed paths in the David Ayer-directed Suicide Squad, which sees Joker escape justice when a high-speed car chase ends with Batman apprehending Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), an accomplice to the murder of Robin.

Excellent trailer, back in with the massive scope of the film, the epic sweeping score and what look to be some incredible super hero set pieces.

Those final seconds were just the icing on the cake and should really help peak the interest of anyone that didn’t think it would be much different.

Fair play to Snyder, he clearly loves these characters and I personally have loved his take on them so I’ll be watching that trailer a few more times in the coming weeks!

10 minutes ago, RickSp said:

What must those WB lot that ditched this vision be thinking now....

Is it all a case of wait and see how successful it becomes before they even comment about it.

If they still work at WB they are probably praying this is a huge flop so they can justify their decisions to fire him in the first place.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Darkseid is massive! He could squash Steppenwolf.

Darkseid_Steppenwolf.thumb.PNG.3da6627a9e041a5daf597e71434d9462.PNG

While I'm not terribly excited for it still (other than a cultural curiosity at this point), this shot above is exactly the type of 'connective tissue' the movie needed and I'm happy to see included - shows that it does focus on laying much more of a foundation that the audience can follow for future movies. (thumbsu

That Joker scene though...ugh (Really think it would have benefited from Joker calling him & emphasizing 'Bruce'. As since its a nightmare then I can think of nothing else that might shake Batman up in the present than that detail in the future. Almost like "oh , things really must have hit the fan if he's around and thinks we are on a first name basis!") :D