• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

stopped at a friends house on the way home after work last night and watched it. Really liked it, thought it made the overall stories much better.  :applause:

PS Last Jedi still sucks 

Edited by Azkaban

My son and I loved this film! We did it in 2 breaks-so much more engaging, deeper dive, well done in our humble opinions! Oh and I loved, loved, loved that there was a lot more Flash. He's nothing like the comic book Barry Allen but when you are a Flash fan and you've been promised a Flash movie for 30 years?? Ya take what ya can get :cloud9:. I'll run with this version of Flash and see where it goes.

Here's an article from Your Money Geek that discusses Snyder's condemnation of Geeks&Gamers a little more in depth and also talks about the dark forces at work in fandom. Suddenly I'm warming up to Zack Snyder. Making an enjoyable Superfriends movie helps.

https://yourmoneygeek.com/zack-snyder-condemns-self-proclaimed-anti-sjw-youtuber/

snydersjw.thumb.JPG.7d5a4e7d670d615ec549212ae501681f.JPG

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Director Zack Snyder is not ruling out a return to the DC Extended Universe, the superhero cinematic universe for which he directed 2013's Man of Steel, 2016's Batman v Superman, and the just-released version of Justice League.

"Who knows what the future holds?" the filmmaker tells EW.

A few years back, when Snyder's departure from Justice League led to Joss Whedon reshooting most of the movie, the likelihood of Snyder ever returning to the DC fold seemed slim. But after Whedon's theatrically-released version of the film was poorly received by fans and critics alike, Warner Bros. paid for Snyder to complete his own four-hour version of the movie. With the just-released "Snyder Cut" receiving a warmer reception than Whedon's effort, does the 300 and Watchmen director think it possible that he might one day helm another DC project?

"I always go, what is more likely?" says Snyder. "That Warner Bros. would ask me to make a sequel to Justice League? Or that they would resurrect a three-year-old movie, spend millions of dollars to restore it to my original [vision], and then release it? I think that the sequel would have been a more likely scenario than what's just happened. So, I guess in the face of that I say, 'Who knows what the future holds?'"

For now, Snyder is looking forward to the release of his new movie, the zombie-heist film Army of the Dead, which premieres on Netflix May 21.

"Army is all done," he says. "I'm super proud and happy. I think it came out amazing. I can't wait for fans to get a chance to see it. The new trailer is coming soon, I think in the middle of April. I've had a great experience with Netflix and the cast and crew. Shooting of the film was probably my most joyful cinematic experience as far as production goes."

6 minutes ago, D84 said:

I haven't had a movie stay in my head the way this one does. Such a good movie.

I watched it again yesterday and one of my sons sat down for the last 30 minutes and got engrossed in the story. And for me it was still feeling fresh and intense.

That's a win!

I have been curious about two things regarding the release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League, also known as The Snyder Cut. First, how the four hour movie itself would be, second, how Snyder’s legions of avid fans would receive it.

I had a feeling that no matter how it turned out, fans would either love it, or at least claim to love it. That seems to be manifesting here on day one, and the film does seem to actually be good. Critics have given it solid scores, a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes, but fans have gone even higher on IMDB. Right now, it’s the highest scored superhero movie besides Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight. And it’s in the IMDB top ten, tied with classics like 12 Angry Men, Schindler’s List and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, albeit with fewer votes tallied.

• The Dark Knight – 9.0
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League – 8.9
  • Avengers: Endgame – 8.4
  • Avengers: Infinity War – 8.4

Seen it, loved it, easiest 4 hours I could of sat through. The time flew by and I actually enjoyed the chapter breaks as it made me grin a little each time!

Amazing how different all the characters come across in this, so much better and in line with what we saw from people in MOS and BVS. In fact I'm stunned there was so much footage left out including a couple of moments (not sure if we're talking spoilers yet?) where I can't believe it didn't leak that it had been shot (and I'm not talking about the additional photography we knew about).

The score was obviously better and I think I'll appreciate it more on second viewing, sometimes a certain cue throws me but then I get into it and see how it works. 

Even the footage that we'd seen in 2017 came across differently, purely based on the tone of the scene and how it fit with the original story. I really enjoyed Cyborg's father in this (mostly as I have a soft spot for the actor since T2).

Some of the jokes didn't quite land but many others did, including some that I wasn't expecting and some that were just handled better in the context of the films style.

I was also very pleased to see Batman was not useless as he came across in 2017, he did so much more for the team here. Looking forward to the next viewing to catch all the details I missed. :banana:

So with the Epilogue scenes...

Spoiler

1) Did Henry Cavill con reporters when asked if he participated in the short reshoots and he said 'NO'?

2) When Martian Manhunter tells Bruce his parents would be proud it sounded like he was very sure of this and not an off-the-cuff comment - did he know them?

I will be watching it this weekend, and personally, count me in as one of the sadists that enjoys watching longer movies/documentaries. The simple reason - it allows the director to develop the characters and story more fully. I know theatres prefer to have 2.5 hrs for films and a half our turnaround in between, but I would rather watch a 4 hr film in the theater with a 15 minute intermission at the halfway mark if it means a better movie overall. 

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Hide contents

1) Did Henry Cavill con reporters when asked if he participated in the short reshoots and he said 'NO'?

2) When Martian Manhunter tells Bruce his parents would be proud it sounded like he was very sure of this and not an off-the-cuff comment - did he know them?

Spoiler

Maybe Cavills scenes were from the original shoot? I can't imagine absolutely everything from the epilogue was brand new footage.

Chances are J'onnn J'onzzzz has been on earth for a long time, like a couple hundred years, so maybe? I think it's more likely that he meant Bruce would've done any parent proud so he can say with authority that Martha and Thomas would've been proud too.

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Hide contents

I think Snyder must be well aware of the Ostrander/Mandrake Martian Manhunter series. They established that J'onn still arrived on Earth in the late 50's like the original comics and observed key developments. Like the Wayne's and their untimely death, the arrival of a Kryptonian baby, etc. My favorite part of these revelations was all the various personas J'onnn maintained, including one as a house cat and another an anime style Japanese hero.