• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Rip said:

Just finished the 2nd half. Basically everything I said about the first half holds true to the 2nd half.

I really like the Flash. A breakout star here, while in the original cut just ok. Oh and I also love Ben Affleck as Batman.

Great ending, while the Joker dialog I think went on a bit too long. Some scenes felt a bit rough around the edges.

Overall I would give this movie a very strong B/B+. Clearly a labor of love and I can't wait to watch this on UHD. Oh and the Martin Manhunter was a nice addition.

This movie makes Joss Whedon look like a fool.

And don’t forget green lantern and the golden age heroes. I kept thinking of jsa. Like others here, I felt like I was immersed in a new film for the first half. Excellent.

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

That would be interesting. I had only watched the theatrical once at release and never revisited it. Thankfully I had forgotten some of it. But I remember enough to know the below is complete BS.

D9EA6FE9-B645-4E78-8FE0-869A9AC41606.jpeg

Oh, that will work wonderfully for those 'needing to see the negative reviews'.

:p

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

Not trying to convince myself of anything. I'm just saying that I think as I try to really get to the heart of what I "think" about the movie, I can't help but realize that ... unlike with most other movies, this version of this particular movie comes with so much baggage, for good or for bad, that it's impossible to determine how I (I can't speak for you, or anyone else) would have reacted if we'd just seen this movie instead of the original version.  Not knowing about the backstory, the tragedy, the lawsuit, the incredible fan support, on top of the disappointment that was the first version.  And mind you, I actually found the first version watchable. I'm just saying watching this the other night I felt like I was watching an "event" as much as I was watching a movie... so it's hard to separate the two.  That's all.  So I think it'll probably be only after repeated viewings and living with this movie for a while that I'd come to a real conclusion about what I think about the actual movie itself, on it's own merits.

Thanks for explaining further. I appreciate that.

What lawsuit?

But what this does demonstrate how WB Studios so over-corrected to 'be like Marvel' it detracted from their on DC lore and brand. I saw where you noted in the Falcon/Winter Soldier thread Marvel distinguished itself from DC by making their stories more about the real individual. There's confusion in that statement that may reveal some of what keeps you currently from fully embracing the Snyder Cut just yet. Bruce Wayne was haunted by the death of Jason Todd for years afterwards. Making him question his own beliefs and values. And knowing this, Snyder brings that element into his movie to demonstrate how much it impacted Bruce Wayne the man, shaking him to his core but also making him that more driven to never allow this again. Add to this his guilt over being so committed to attacking Clark Kent the perceived alien, once he is broken from that hate-rage with that 'Martha-mother' connection he realizes once again he must atone for another breach of his strong values. Which plays out much stronger in the Snyder Cut how bitter yet driven he is to address these missteps with the greatest desire as a better man to make things right. Leading to that lake scene where he is finally recognized for making all the right decisions in the end to protect the world. That's why even that scene is all about redemption and overcoming past sins. Which the Josstice League never delivered on as we realize now how much of the heart of this movie had been ripped out for laughs and cookie-cutter superhero storytelling.

:foryou:

4 hours ago, Aman619 said:

I liked it a lot.  and was amazed at how much of it was shot, but cut out after Snyder left.  Sure, most was cut to get the running time down like all big movies.  (one extra show a day makes a lot more money!)  And was surprised some bigger scenes Remembered were taken out completely (the Russian family, Aquaman telling th truth sitting on the magic lasso, Batman and WW talking privately, etc)  the entire plot makes sense finally...  Just a fun ride with and a great realization of some of our favorite heroes whose movies haven't quite been made sow well before.  I kinda hope the Snyder Cut groupies now start pushing for episodes 4 and 5 by Snyder!!

wifey asked a few times " so wait, all of this was shot and Whedon took it out? WHY?" 

5 hours ago, Aman619 said:

(the Russian family,

i hate this narrative in the first film, i thought why are we focusing so much on this - and the cheap jokes (bug spray) i had forgot about them also

4 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

And don’t forget green lantern and the golden age heroes. I kept thinking of jsa. Like others here, I felt like I was immersed in a new film for the first half. Excellent.

that was spectacular - when i saw it in the first film i was disappointed we only got a few seconds, this went on forever. the little touch with the GL ring was great

5 hours ago, Rip said:

Just finished the 2nd half. Basically everything I said about the first half holds true to the 2nd half.

I really like the Flash. A breakout star here, while in the original cut just ok. Oh and I also love Ben Affleck as Batman.

Great ending, while the Joker dialog I think went on a bit too long. Some scenes felt a bit rough around the edges.

Overall I would give this movie a very strong B/B+. Clearly a labor of love and I can't wait to watch this on UHD. Oh and the Martin Manhunter was a nice addition.

This movie makes Joss Whedon look like a fool.

i agree about the flash. both he and cyborg were really fleshed out well. i started to enjoy both characters so much that i no longer focused on their costumes and just on them (Actions/motivations).

Amazing what a change was made with Steppenwolf to the point you wanted to learn what his motivation was about.

steppenwolf.thumb.jpg.5f26bbb710a8c3d4567a9c746faff0be.jpg

Getting back into Darkseid's good graces by any means necessary. No matter the body count!

Watched again last night. The only thing that I didn’t really like was Leto’s Joker (even thought it was a better offering than his SS portrayal) and I think that’s mostly due to rewatching Joker last week. Joaquin Phoenix just absolutely crushes it and is probably impossible to live up to. 

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Amazing what a change was made with Steppenwolf to the point you wanted to learn what his motivation was about.

steppenwolf.thumb.jpg.5f26bbb710a8c3d4567a9c746faff0be.jpg

Getting back into Darkseid's good graces by any means necessary. No matter the body count!

Coolest moment was when he flexes breaking all the arrows stuck in him. I was like hold on, tapped the 15 second rewind on the screen.

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Coolest moment was when he flexes breaking all the arrows stuck in him. I was like hold on, tapped the 15 second rewind on the screen.

A real warrior of an antagonist. :applause: