• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I got a chance to watch this with the UHD in my home theater room(120" screen :whatthe:). I just have to say this movie is absolutely spectacular,  heartfelt, and moving. I can't believe WB would release the Whedon hackjob instead of this extraordinary movie. This may be the best comic book movie ever made, and it would have been a tremendous success at the box office.

It truly is an incredible accomplishment. And entertaining even over repeat viewings.

If only more would get over their studio bias. They could enjoy this as well.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Even the streaming services resell their content via digital resellers (e.g. VUDU, iTunes, Google Play, FandangoNow) along with physical media. Heck, you can purchase Netflix's Daredevil off most of these sites right now.

So why would Zack Snyder's Justice League be any different?

I think that, for whatever reason, WB wants to suppress distribution of this movie as much as possible. They really want Zack Snyder (and his fans) to go away.  They probably are only releasing the blu-ray out of obligation, but no digital code, or digital purchase option is the last way they can curtail distribution and try to hide just how popular Zack’s vision for the DCEI really is. 

12 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I got a chance to watch this with the UHD in my home theater room(120" screen :whatthe:). I just have to say this movie is absolutely spectacular,  heartfelt, and moving. I can't believe WB would release the Whedon hackjob instead of this extraordinary movie. This may be the best comic book movie ever made, and it would have been a tremendous success at the box office.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It truly is an incredible accomplishment. And entertaining even over repeat viewings.

If only more would get over their studio bias. They could enjoy this as well.

Totally agree!  I’ve watched this eight times now (streamed it six and 4K blu-ray twice), although I only have the Sony 75” Z9D with Bose LS 650 + extra sub :baiting: and it gets better with each viewing.  I always see some detail I missed on the previous viewing.  I’ve also sat through MOS, BvS (Ultimate Edition) and ZSJL all in one sitting and enjoyed every minute (as a big Death of Superman fan in the comics I still struggle a bit with this version of Doomsday but once I set that aside all is well).  This easily tops any other superhero movie in my opinion.  I’ve also watched enough of the Gray version to know it is pretty awesome in B/W also, which is crazy.

I think the problem is pretty clear at this point, particularly after WB put that Whedon trash in theaters, and that is that WB execs are simpletons that don’t deserve these awesome properties that better people than them have been the stewards of up until now.

We are experiencing the perfect storm of hypocrite money grubbing SJWS having somehow gotten put in charge of things they don’t appreciate, or understand.

Unless they really get their heads out of their rear ends I think I have paid for my last DC/WB movie. 

19 hours ago, D84 said:

Part of the reason why I'm buying the US version on 4k after already owning the UK version is I want it to make money. Hell, I may buy several and give them out as Christmas gifts.

:censored: YOU WARNER BROTHERS!

Exactly the mindset that will drive home the point WB Studios is clueless what excites comic book fans.

But hey. Maybe we will get an Eskimo Batman soon to drive home the point it is all about diversity and fair treatment. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Exactly the mindset that will drive home the point WB Studios is clueless what excites comic book fans.

But hey. Maybe we will get an Eskimo Batman soon to drive home the point it is all about diversity and fair treatment. :facepalm:

Don’t give WB any ideas!!

38F8CF48-DE76-449C-87DF-F68C22F96DE4.jpeg.a85b302f883c5c70288815c377a957c7.jpeg
Come to think about it Batman is guilty of cultural appropriation… of Bats!!  Shame on you DC/WB!!!!

Edited by Iconic1s

I constantly find myself seeing ridiculous criticisms like this:

I thought it was good, but I apparently don't have a hard on for Snyder so... "Not impressed."

Why can't certain people like or dislike a film irrespective of who directed it?

I'm a fan of most Nolan films, and most Snyder films, but I do not by default like everything they have directed. I think that the reason Snyder has a cult following is that people trash him rather than his movies. That's how certain thing begin, by forcing people to defend someone/something.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I constantly find myself seeing ridiculous criticisms like this:

Why can't certain people like or dislike a film irrespective of who directed it?

I'm a fan of most Nolan films, and most Snyder films, but I do not by default like everything they have directed. I think that the reason Snyder has a cult following is that people trash him rather than his movies. That's how certain thing begin, by forcing people to defend someone/something.

Counterpoint - it can be both.

I happen to love Nolan because I've really liked every one of his movies I've seen (i.e., all of them but "Following") - although I'll concede that Insomnia was merely mediocre.

And it's hard to overstate how much Batman Begins and The Dark Knight elevated superhero films as a genre among both critics and society at large.

The result? Nolan gets the benefit of the doubt - and he's one of the few directors where I'll watch any project he directs.

Snyder gets the exact opposite reaction. 300, Watchmen, and Man of Steel were all great. Yay!

But he so thoroughly sh*t the bed with films like Sucker Punch, BvS and Justice League (including the Snyder cut) that it's perfectly legit to hold him to the same level of disdain as Michael Bay - hell - even Brett Ratner's overall output is more defensible.

Fool me once and all -- but I've been burned (repeatedly) by Snyder films that should have been easy slam dunks but instead turned out to be hot steaming pieces of garbage.

I'll admit - he's an artist - It takes extraordinary skill to produce such execrable films that the entire DCEU has to be largely scrapped and restarted from scratch.

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Snyder gets the exact opposite reaction. 300, Watchmen, and Man of Steel were all great. Yay!

But he so thoroughly sh*t the bed with films like Sucker Punch, BvS and Justice League (including the Snyder cut) that it's perfectly legit to hold him to the same level of disdain as Michael Bay - hell - even Brett Ratner's overall output is more defensible.

Fool me once and all -- but I've been burned (repeatedly) by Snyder films that should have been easy slam dunks but instead turned out to be hot steaming pieces of garbage.

I'll admit - he's an artist - It takes extraordinary skill to produce such execrable films that the entire DCEU has to be largely scrapped and restarted from scratch.

:roflmao:

It can't really 'be both' if someone gets triggered by the mere mention of Snyder's name, as has been the case with a few of his movies prior to them being released.

Civil War sucked, but that didn't make me any less excited for Infinity War. The Russo Bros were not solely responsible for that, the same as Snyder isn't solely responsible for any of the films he directs (expect maybe Sucker Punch?).

10 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I happen to love Nolan because I've really liked every one of his movies I've seen (i.e., all of them but "Following") - although I'll concede that Insomnia was merely mediocre.

And it's hard to overstate how much Batman Begins and The Dark Knight elevated superhero films as a genre among both critics and society at large.

The result? Nolan gets the benefit of the doubt - and he's one of the few directors where I'll watch any project he directs.

You have got to be kidding, right?

I know you did the whole rally thing here of 'protect other forumites from BVS by protesting on here' posting. Whatever! But the Snyder Cut was a fantastic next step in the three-film connected release.

But holding him in disdain??!! You are way off.

53 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Insomnia did not feel like a Nolan film but I still enjoyed it.  I’ve also really enjoyed more than half of Snyders output. Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and his cut of JL. The last three for me top the majority of Marvels franchise. Marvel makes solid hits for general audiences of all ages with little risk. Can’t fault them. Winter Soldier is the only one that really blew me away. I’m not a Snyder cheerleader though and I think he works best when paired with good writers. 

9 minutes ago, D84 said:

Yes, it did. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

"Sucked" is hyperbolic, as the character development for Tony Stark in particular was quite good. It's crazy that the same guys who wrote Civil War also wrote Infinity War.