• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

390 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 11:59 AM, drotto said:

I think it is clear there has been a drastic shift in tone and decrease in quality between Mando season 1 and 2 vs Book of Boba Fett and Mando season 3.  This is my oppinion only,  but I think this is a result of Favreau stepping back creatively and Filoni taking control of the streaming series.  To me there has been a marked decrease in quality as a result. That is what concerns me about Ashoka, which I was initially very excited about. 

The later seasons of the Clone Wars are the best Star Wars other than the OT. Rebels for me was very hit or miss, but the later stuff was far better. So I admit he has the ability, but for me his live action is far below his animated stuff.

Favreau wrote all of the episodes in season 3. I don’t think he stepped back. He didn’t direct an episode in S3, but he only directed one episode in the series (S2 E1). Do you have a link to where he took a step back creatively and let Filoni take control? 

I’m not trying to change your mind that you should like Ahsoka, but I’m not understanding where you’re coming from that Filoni is to blame for Mando season 3 not being as strong as previous seasons. He could be, I guess, but I don’t see anything that backs that up.  

I thought it was cannon that Mandalorians were never force sensitive and that is part of the reason they developed weaponry and fighting skills to counter the Jedi? Why are they suggesting Sabine was Jedi training?

On 7/13/2023 at 10:42 AM, drotto said:

I thought it was cannon that Mandalorians were never force sensitive and that is part of the reason they developed weaponry and fighting skills to counter the Jedi? Why are they suggesting Sabine was Jedi training?

Where did you see that? It’s rare for them to be force sensitive, or come forward as force sensitive at least, but there have been force sensitive Mandalorians both in canon and legends. 

In canon, Tarre Vizsla was the first mandalorian jedi and created the darksaber. 

I don’t think Sabine is going to be in any type of Jedi Training, since Ahsoka walked away with a bad taste in her mouth. Also, if Sabine was force sensitive, we should have seen it by now. I could be wrong and would have to be convinced there is a good reason it was never displayed until after all these years and the trials she went through. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Additionally re: Sabine. If she were sensitive, Kanan or the other force users in Rebels would have known. Kanan sensed Ezra’s force sensitivity in the first episode of Rebels. 

He literally trained her in how to use the darksaber, so if she were, that information would have likely been discovered. 

Again, if she turns out to be, I’m going to need to be convinced there is a good reason it never came to light until after the rebellion was over. Even so, I may not buy it. 

On 7/13/2023 at 11:55 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Additionally re: Sabine. If she were sensitive, Kanan or the other force users in Rebels would have known. Kanan sensed Ezra’s force sensitivity in the first episode of Rebels. 

He literally trained her in how to use the darksaber, so if she were, that information would have likely been discovered. 

Again, if she turns out to be, I’m going to need to be convinced there is a good reason it never came to light until after the rebellion was over. Even so, I may not buy it. 

I though t the trailer implied it, talking about how Ashoka had been training her.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, drotto said:

I though t the trailer implied it, talking about how Ashoka had been training her.

I can see that, but I took it as simply training like she did with Kanan. Prepping her to find Ezra or be another Fulcrum if one was needed.

Something definitely happened between those two. From the trailer, it looks like Sabine stayed on Lothal the entire time, while Ahsoka went looking for Ezra around the galaxy. 

I just don’t think Filoni or Pablo Hidalgo would make her Force sensitive now. She’s got a compelling enough story, I don’t see the reason to add that into the mix.

Doing stuff like that kinda cheapens the whole idea of being force sensitive. Similar to the way Rey figured out the mind touch in TFA without any training or understanding of her ability.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:57 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I'm curious where the Orange-Sabers come from. They square off with Ahsoka and Sabine, but it also looks like they took on some Imperial holdouts. They must be driven solely by the Force and either balancing it or tipping it in one favor. 

Imperial holdouts?

The uniforms of those soldiers look similar to the rebels in a new hope. The same soldiers are seen in the trailer when Hera is walking with her back to the camera on the left.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:13 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Imperial holdouts?

The uniforms of those soldiers look similar to the rebels in a new hope. The same soldiers are seen in the trailer when Hera is walking with her back to the camera on the left.

0:33 mark. Those are Imperial uniforms. 

ScreenShot2023-07-14at18_26_44PM.thumb.png.6f7d00c292646881d8f71abb0074b5f1.pngScreenShot2023-07-14at18_27_19PM.thumb.png.d2a6d7f8f943fefd67d466f3b12579d9.png

ScreenShot2023-07-14at18_27_52PM.thumb.png.10d38f387536a8f49cc420de445ac879.png

I noticed in the scene with Sabine fighting Shin Hati that it appears Sabine is still carrying Ezra’s green lightsaber, so this must take place before they locate him…if they ever do.

IMG_5560.thumb.png.9f7475312a581f36317f2f5f2f8ee0b1.png
IMG_5561.thumb.jpeg.43afcef5cfdd44ebbec0a431ad109d8d.jpeg

Also, Shin Hati’s comment to Sabine, “you have no power” may recognize that Sabine is carrying a Jedi’s weapon, but she has no force “power.”

On 8/22/2023 at 10:35 PM, kimik said:

So how are the first two episodes? Is it more Andor/Mando quality, or Obi-Wan?

Well the villains are cool and Sabine's pre-cut hair is good. The rest is... not great. Ashoka has about as much emotion as HAL9000.

The late actor Ray Stevenson, who plays the villain Baylan Skoll on the “Star Wars” series “Ahsoka,” received a touching tribute at the end of Episode 1, which premiered on Disney+ Tuesday night.

Stevenson died on May 21 on the Italian island Ischia at the age of 58, after production had wrapped on the series. Before the end credits on Episode 1 of “Ahsoka,” a screen reads, “For our friend, Ray.”

His “Ahsoka” character Baylan Skoll serves as one of the primary antagonists on the show. A Dark Jedi, Baylan survived Order 66 after escaping into deep space and is now a mercenary who wields an orange lightsaber. His apprentice is Shin Hati (Ivanna Sakkno) and they’re working together with Morgan Elspeth (Diana Lee Inosanto), a villain who was previously seen in “The Mandalorian” Season 2, to find Grand Admiral Thrawn (Lars Mikkelsen).

On 8/23/2023 at 1:35 AM, kimik said:

So how are the first two episodes? Is it more Andor/Mando quality, or Obi-Wan?

I’d say it’s a blending of the two. Andor intrigue with Mando-style SW lore (Dathomir/Nightsisters, star maps). 

I enjoyed it, but that was never really a question nor surprise. 

We also get another example at how inept the New Republic is. It’s a wonder it survived as long as it did.