• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

390 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 1:46 AM, Tnexus said:

Well the villains are cool and Sabine's pre-cut hair is good. The rest is... not great. Ashoka has about as much emotion as HAL9000.

Doesn’t that fit her character, though? …Especially at this point in her life. 

Not saying you have to like it or her character, but I think it’s pretty true to the character. At least from when she took on the Fulcrum moniker 

Ahsoka is the Star Wars you've been waiting for.  Highly recommended.

Spoiler Warning:

Spoiler

The first scene with Ahsoka is a clearly intentional, delicious mashup of Indiana Jones and Star Wars, setting the tone for a very well thought out, rewarding story that promises excitement in each episode.  First 2 episodes knocked it out of the park.  Can't wait for the next chapters!

On 8/23/2023 at 10:35 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Ahsoka is the Star Wars you've been waiting for.  Highly recommended.

Spoiler Warning:

Reveal hidden contents

The first scene with Ahsoka is a clearly intentional, delicious mashup of Indiana Jones and Star Wars, setting the tone for a very well thought out, rewarding story that promises excitement in each episode.  First 2 episodes knocked it out of the park.  Can't wait for the next chapters!

whoa, even more than Andor? which for me was the star wars I've been waiting for since Mandolorian and Luke's appearance

Watching tonight, have the Scotch on the rocks ready

On 8/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, jsilverjanet said:

whoa, even more than Andor? which for me was the star wars I've been waiting for since Mandolorian and Luke's appearance

Watching tonight, have the Scotch on the rocks ready

I liked it better.  But that may just be me.  IMO, Star Wars is best when it involves the Jedi and the occasional aggressive negotiation.

None of that takes away from Andor which I thoroughly enjoyed also.  (thumbsu

On 8/23/2023 at 3:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

I was really saddened to see this.  I missed it until last night when I watched the first 2 episodes and the tribute credit at the end. 

Heartbreaking to lose such a great talent just as he was getting opportunities and recognition.  His work on the show so far is truly remarkable.

On 8/22/2023 at 9:20 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I really wish the end credits were at the opening. Very very Game of Thrones-ish. Would really set the mood/tone. 

I'm fine where they are.  It feels like every streaming series uses the same style of opening credits where they have deep music paired with some artsy homage that subtly hints at the show while names flash by on screen.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:35 PM, kimik said:

So how are the first two episodes? Is it more Andor/Mando quality, or Obi-Wan?

I enjoyed the first two episodes.  The start to the series is better than Mando, but not as good as Andor.  Mando/BoBF/Obi Wan all followed the same predictable storytelling beats: character intro, character intro, side quest, character intro, re-visit character from episode 1, explosions.  Ahsoka (through two episodes) avoids that style of storytelling.  It feels like a sequel to Rebels which is good.  It's years down the line and our characters have changed, but it's still great seeing familiar faces.

My biggest qualm with Ahsoka (and with Mando/BoBF/Obi-Wan) is the overuse of The Volume soundstage.  Andor filmed some stuff on location and the lighting and weather make a HUGE difference in the cinematography.

I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers.

On 8/23/2023 at 4:26 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Doesn’t that fit her character, though? …Especially at this point in her life. 

Not saying you have to like it or her character, but I think it’s pretty true to the character. At least from when she took on the Fulcrum moniker 

I get that technically fits her character, but it's not interesting at all. She comes off as the least interesting person in her story.

Keep in mind that this is Filoni's pet project so we are seeing the creator's vision for this character. Ahsoka might have been specifically portrayed this way.  Remember, it is heavily implied that Vader kills her in Rebels and that Ezra goes back in time or into a nexus or whatever the, "world between worlds" is and rescued her.  There is a certain solemness to her character. 

This is how we see Ahsoka at the end of what Filoni imagined her story to be.   What was beautiful was that the first two episodes are really a fleshed out series of events as to what happens in these last few minutes of Rebels.  Taking a look, Filoni basically realized the animated version shot for shot.   It has me interested and I want to see where we go. 

Edited by Buzzetta

And btw... this has been talked about in the Plastic Crack thread.   I already did... but "Back the Ghost"... 

It already reached the threshold but now we want to unlock some tiers.   This will be the largest SW Ship ever released; even bigger than the BMF Millennium Falcon.

The 11,000 mark has been hit so we are now getting the Ghost, Hera on a variant cardback, and Ezra on a variant cardback. 

All of these figures will eventually be released on regular cardbacks for the Ahsoka series, but the figures in here will be on variant cardbacks.  Open the Ghost.  Sell the figures.  Buy them cheaper later on regular cardbacks and get some money back. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-the-ghost

i.shgcdn.thumb.webp.5b803ba688d9718d3ad09d3c709f8e73.webp

Thought the first 2 eps were a real mixed bag. For every one thing I dug there were like two things I was iffy-to-upset about. My expectations were tempered -- never thought it would compete with "Andor" in the writing department (unfair to expect that imo) -- but I was confident that these characters, some of my absolute favorites in all of SW, would be brought to live action with extreme care considering their daddy was calling the shots.

Well, that confidence was crumpled within the first 20 minutes and sadly it did not un-crumple by the end of the 2nd episode (even though we got some good Hera and Chop near the end).

Don't like to trash talk or dwell in negativity with SW. Glad most fans seem to be happy so far. I hope the show finds a groove as the series progresses so I too can be happy!

On 8/24/2023 at 6:56 AM, smarkjobber said:

...even though we got some good Hera and Chop near the end...

I want to see more of live action Chopper. 

You can hear the cursing through the bloops and bleeps. 

This has been making the rounds. Definitely interesting. 

IMG_5894.thumb.webp.acab31f2c5316b5dd24fcc178d68f4a9.webp

Galen Marek (Starkiller) was voiced and modeled after Witwer. Could this be Starkiller?

IMG_5895.webp.1c49550ee82c5a3076c508eabe1a2b3c.webp

Witwer addressed something like this a few months back…love it when actors geek out about this stuff as much as I do  

Thought the first two eps were just meh  will continue to watch and hope it improves.

Ok little rant.  I think the show looks good, and I like the characters, but two major complaints. 

1. Since when do light sabers no longer kill anyone?  In Disney Star Wars, I have seen way too many people get run through and not die.

2. Stop with the maps please.  In the Force Awakens we had a map leading to Luke. In the Rise of Skywalker, we had a map leading to the Emporor. Now we have a map leading to Thrawn. It is the same basic premise, and it makes no sense. Maps are inherently inaccurate when it comes to people because people have the ability move. A five or so year old map would be worthless, he may be in that region still, but space it massive even if you were in the right region, it would still be very hard to find them.  Especially Thrawn who is on a starship. Second, he was only "lost" a few years ago so why would the map leading to him be in an ancient temple and need a destroyed ruin to read it? Those things would have been created eons before a 5 years old map. If a modern map was created it would work on modern equipment. It makes no sense, it is a lazy Mcguffin to shortcut the part of the story where they would actually need to find people.

Edited by drotto