• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2023 at 12:18 PM, drotto said:

Matt Smith was hired to be in Episode 9, and never appeared.  If you read the Trevorrow --script that leaked, it looks like his character was the Son from the Mortis arc. Remember, Trevorrow's version was written and into pre-production when he left the project and they changed direction. 

You're right.  I had read that a long time ago and didn't remember.  I wish they had done that as it would have made more sense and even made it a bigger threat than the Emperor.  I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I felt that Episodes 7 and 9 were the weakest.  All JJ knew how to do was rewrite what other people did.  

On 8/29/2023 at 3:05 PM, jsilverjanet said:

so i just finished the essential Ashoka Disney Clone wars shows and it then jumps to episode 15 of season 1 of Rebels. There i was a bit lost so I decided to watch all of Rebels. Just started episode 1

Let me say that the evolution of Ashoka (character) in clone wars makes more sense to me now based on the episodes that Disney has laid out to watch

that final season and the final episodes are some of the best Star Wars I've ever seen

God Bless Filoni

if only he had done episodes 7-9

By the end of the series you are going to wish you had spent the money to get the Hasbro Ghost. 

Only a few more days to back lol 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-the-ghost

On 8/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, smarkjobber said:

God I wish I could pull the trigger on this.

If you want it to open, the Hera and Ezra figures are already guaranteed.  You can probably resell those for around $50 each minimum which will reduce the overall cost.  I think there will be a flood of orders on the last two days like in every Haslab project pushing it to at least the level where Kanan is unlocked. 

Hasbro already showed off the mainline release of Hera and she is on a regular Vintage Collection Cardback so one way or another you can get the crew after selling off the variant cardbacks. 

I am picking one up to open.  The figures will be carefully stored until I decide what I want to do with them.  I may keep them in case one day I want to sell the piece off as a whole, which might occur one day when I finally downsize or I might sell the figures on the variant cardbacks separately to offset the cost. 

On 8/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, drotto said:

Since when do light sabers no longer kill anyone?  In Disney Star Wars, I have seen way too many people get run through and not die.

This was my biggest question with the first two episodes.  The saber went in at a near-ideal place on the human torso to not kill her, but why would the Sith just pull it STRAIGHT back out?  I pretty much wondered the same thing in Phantom Menace when Darth Maul did that with Qui Gonn, or in Obi-Wan when Vader stabbed Reva.  If you're trying to take the other person out you don't pull out, you swipe up, or down, or sideways and cut them in half.  ???

It's certainly possible that Vader and this Sith in Ahsoka WANTED their opponent to live, but there was no way Maul did.  Qui-Gonn died anyway, but I still don't get why you don't guarantee it by swiping the saber.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/27/2023 at 6:32 AM, smarkjobber said:

He didn't pass while they were in production, so the only thing for certain is that he won't be in Season 2 unless there were scenes previously filmed. The imdb page most likely doesn't take into account episodes that have not aired.

Yes, IMDB authors don't know more than the rest of us.  Before a film has released or before a series has completely aired they often don't know who's in every episode.  Sometimes they do when the studio explicitly releases that information, but usually they don't.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

By the end of the series you are going to wish you had spent the money to get the Hasbro Ghost. 

I've seen charts from action figure forums projecting that the Ghost should be fully funded through the last bonus tier based upon where we're at with the usual last day bump factored in.

Also Asian numbers almost certainly aren't factored in yet.  I dunno how to get to Hasbro Pulse Asia to look at the numbers, but I've heard it's in the thousands there.  They usually add international numbers up together during the last week or so of Haslab campaigns.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

no Sabine Wren :cry:

On 8/30/2023 at 11:37 AM, jsilverjanet said:

no Sabine Wren :cry:

She is currently being offered as a separate deluxe figure at an admittedly unreasonable price.  In a shocking move, the SW team said that if the campaign hits the 17,000 mark they will throw her and Chopper in for as an additional bonus for that tier on the variant mural cardbacks.   It is still unclear if it will be an additional add on purchase for Ghost backers or if it will be added as a clear bonus like the GI Joe team did with a few figures when they had the Skystriker Campaign. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

I've seen charts from action figure forums projecting that the Ghost should be fully funded through the last bonus tier based upon where we're at with the usual last day bump factored in.

Also Asian numbers almost certainly aren't factored in yet.  I dunno how to get to Hasbro Pulse Asia to look at the numbers, but I've heard it's in the thousands there.  They usually add international numbers up together during the last week or so of Haslab campaigns.

I always thought that the numbers were combined.  It's good to know that they are separate.  That means if they are kept separate that with 2,011 backers to go, that the Asian markets may have already unlocked Kanan for us. 

On 8/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, drotto said:

1. Since when do light sabers no longer kill anyone?  In Disney Star Wars, I have seen way too many people get run through and not die

I fully agree here.  In both Obi Wan where Vader stabs 3rd Sister and in this one where Sabine gets stabbed they both live.  Yet in the Phantom Menace we see a lightsaber melting blast doors.

"Oh but that doesn't count because they held the lightsabers in the doors a long time!".  Yeah like I'm supposed to believe that a human/body has a high melting point?  This is total baloney.

PyEMKzW.gif

On 8/30/2023 at 11:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

She is currently being offered as a separate deluxe figure at an admittedly unreasonable price.  In a shocking move, the SW team said that if the campaign hits the 17,000 mark they will throw her and Chopper in for as an additional bonus for that tier on the variant mural cardbacks.   It is still unclear if it will be an additional add on purchase for Ghost backers or if it will be added as a clear bonus like the GI Joe team did with a few figures when they had the Skystriker Campaign. 

I think I'll just preorder Chopper

On 8/30/2023 at 1:13 PM, media_junkie said:

I fully agree here.  In both Obi Wan where Vader stabs 3rd Sister and in this one where Sabine gets stabbed they both live.  Yet in the Phantom Menace we see a lightsaber melting blast doors.

"Oh but that doesn't count because they held the lightsabers in the doors a long time!".  Yeah like I'm supposed to believe that a human/body has a high melting point?  This is total baloney.

PyEMKzW.gif

Plus, they are shown to be really good at amputations.  So to not cause more damage it would need to go straight it and then straight out to not creat tons of collateral damage. 

On 8/30/2023 at 12:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

I always thought that the numbers were combined.  It's good to know that they are separate.  That means if they are kept separate that with 2,011 backers to go, that the Asian markets may have already unlocked Kanan for us. 

With the Sentinel and Galactus Haslabs the numbers just suddenly got a bump of several thousand the last week of those campaigns.  Somehow people on the Fwoosh knew it was the international numbers being added in, although I forget how they knew.  My memory is telling me someone on the Marvel Legends team explicitly said that's what it was, but I forget for sure.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

With the Sentinel and Galactus Haslabs the numbers just suddenly got a bump of several thousand the last week of those campaigns.  Somehow people on the Fwoosh knew it was the international numbers being added in, although I forget how they knew.  My memory is telling me someone on the Marvel Legends team explicitly said that's what it was, but I forget for sure.

In used a VPN t change my location and then went to the various Hasbro sites that are offering the Ghost.  So I looked at the numbers for Malaysia and Japan as well as the UK and the numbers were the same as the US site.  What am I not seeing?  I trust that you are more knowledgable with this than I am when it comes to the different markets. 

On 8/30/2023 at 1:13 PM, media_junkie said:

PyEMKzW.gif

Reva and Sabine survived because Vader and that lady Sith pulled the saber straight out, and they missed vital organs.  I knew as soon as I saw the torso placement of the saber in Sabine and the Sith pulled it straight out they'd have her live.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

In used a VPN t change my location and then went to the various Hasbro sites that are offering the Ghost.  So I looked at the numbers for Malaysia and Japan as well as the UK and the numbers were the same as the US site.  What am I not seeing?  I trust that you are more knowledgable with this than I am when it comes to the different markets. 

I'm not at all knowledgeable about what the international numbers are this year--the guy on the Fwoosh who claimed what the Asian numbers were may have been mistaken.  And even if they added the numbers in at the end with the previous Marvel projects I followed that doesn't mean they're doing the same thing this year.  Who knows, they could be piloting unified international backer counts with this Haslab, or possibly even several of the ones that preceded it like the GI Joe Dragonfly.