• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2023 at 7:09 PM, Randall Dowling said:

The show continues to be a very fun ride. 

Yeah, the nitpicks do not outweigh the fun.

Spoiler

Haven't had one of those type of spaceship chase/battles in live action since the sequels (?) so a little bit of silliness is easy to shrug off.

Are you freaking kidding me?  The same writers that wrote that BS space battle think they need more money?  

"Hey instead of doing the logical thing and having the three ships blow up Ashoka from a kilometer away with which would be easy because her ship cannot move.  Instead let us have them zoom at her and she cuts them in half."

Disney Star Wars is just awful.  Screw this junk.

On 9/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, smarkjobber said:

I, too, have always watched Star Wars for its airtight logic!

And when that logic falters even a smidge I take to the internet to express how its creatives have no business seeking fair pay from the studios!

No, I don't get upset when my space wizard fantasy isn't exactly to my taste! Do I seem upset to you?!?!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know Disney had purchased this board and we could only post Happy Happy Joy Joy comments about the Disney Star Wars shows.

Didn't mean to upset you Bobby Iger, I'll try and do better next time with the amaze ball products you are putting out.

Fun theory... 

"Marrok" is the name of the mysterious figure with the Inquisitor blade.

Originally, Thrawn was introduced in the trilogy of books with a clone of Luke Skywalker called "Luuke".

Luke Skywalker was played by Mark Hamill. A clone of "Mark" would be "Marrk"... Marrok. :foryou:

Edited by valiantman

On 9/1/2023 at 6:22 PM, valiantman said:

Fun theory... 

Originally, Thrawn was introduced in the trilogy of books with a clone of Luke Skywalker called "Luuke".

Luke Skywalker was played by Mark Hamill. A clone of "Mark" would be "Marrk"... Marrok. :foryou:

Intriguing.

I was looking at them introducing Starkiller to canon as Vader's long lose apprentice or a dark side Ezra Bridger.   However, with Heir to the Empire being turned into a theatrical culmination of the Disney+ TV Series, your idea would make a lot of sense. 

On 9/1/2023 at 5:22 PM, valiantman said:

Fun theory... 

I hope not. Adding and extra letter to names, for each clone added, is some lazy writing. Let's leave that in the books.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:15 AM, I like pie said:
  Hide contents

My favorite theory is that it's Kanan or a clone or him. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsAhsoka/comments/165azb8/marrok_is_spoiler/

That's also a good one.  However, I guess who is ALSO credited in the series?

Spoiler

Sam Witwer.  Witwer has voiced, Galen Marek / Starkiller, Palpatine, and Maul.  Maul is dead by now.  If all you need is the Emperor's voice speaking from beyond to link things to the sequel trilogy than Witwer is easy to fulfill that role. 

However, I am going to leaning toward Marrok being Galen Marek / Starkiller. 

On 9/3/2023 at 12:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

I also want to point out that Hasbro re-released their 

Reveal hidden contents

Galen Marek / Starkiller figure in time for this series. 

Spoiler

It's going to be Ezra.  They are trying to hard to hide the face.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

That's also a good one.  However, I guess who is ALSO credited in the series?

Reveal hidden contents

Sam Witwer.  Witwer has voiced, Galen Marek / Starkiller, Palpatine, and Maul.  Maul is dead by now.  If all you need is the Emperor's voice speaking from beyond to link things to the sequel trilogy than Witwer is easy to fulfill that role. 

However, I am going to leaning toward Marrok being Galen Marek / Starkiller. 

Spoiler

He was credited in episode 2 but had no lines. I don't think he was credited in the last episode and did have lines, which would be odd.

I am very split on this show.  If I watch it through the eyes of a average watcher, I like it. It is very  entertaining on a superficial level.  If I watch it as a more hard core Star Wars fan, many aspects of the plot and characterization fall apart for me, and I get annoyed. 

On 9/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, drotto said:

I am very split on this show.  If I watch it through the eyes of a average watcher, I like it. It is very  entertaining on a superficial level.  If I watch it as a more hard core Star Wars fan, many aspects of the plot and characterization fall apart for me, and I get annoyed. 

I'm still kind of conflicted, but mostly because I know these episodes had the potential to absolutely crackle if Dave allowed a co-writer to help juice up the characterization/dialogue. It's a fine line, though, because I also wouldn't want this show to have the MCU/sequels level of quippiness/snark. Feel it's just tough being any SW thing post-"Andor," writing-wise.

I choose to have faith for now, because so much of it is hitting that "fun SW" spot and I refuse to believe Filoni would let us down with these characters.

Spoiler

Even if I am very nervous about how Sabine's stuff has been playing out.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:37 PM, smarkjobber said:

I'm still kind of conflicted, but mostly because I know these episodes had the potential to absolutely crackle if Dave allowed a co-writer to help juice up the characterization/dialogue. It's a fine line, though, because I also wouldn't want this show to have the MCU/sequels level of quippiness/snark. Feel it's just tough being any SW thing post-"Andor," writing-wise.

I choose to have faith for now, because so much of it is hitting that "fun SW" spot and I refuse to believe Filoni would let us down with these characters.

Hide contents

Even if I am very nervous about how Sabine's stuff has been playing out.

I really dislike aspects of the Sabine story line.  It is actually my biggest gripe with the show. Much of it feels forced and unearned.