• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

Cad Bane is an incredible character.  Another Filoni creation he was inspired by Lee Van Cleef and shows every bit of it.  Been looking forward to seeing a live action version for years. 

Yeah, I like Cad Bane in the Clone Wars show but Hondo was a personal favorite.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Hondo was great in Rebels as well. 

Lol he was amazing in Rebels…

Rebels was really a sucker punch on Disney that Filoni got away with.  

Filoni wanted to continue Clone Wars

Disney wanted a more kid friendly show.

Filoni said sure. 

And then Filoni made Rebels and took some of the best characters from Clone Wars and brought them forward. 

Loved Rebels. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:57 PM, darkstar said:

His first appearance was in 1986 on Iron Maiden's single Stranger in a Strange Land off the Somewhere in Time album. 

MV5BZWNjYjU1ZmEtMGQwOC00M2VkLTk1ZGQtZDVjYzUxM2VmYzRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

That was the title of the first episode, too. This album has it all. 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:37 PM, kimik said:

So now there will be collectors claiming that is the first appearance? lol

I haven't seen any listings saying 1st yet. I'm sure some will pop up but in general, no.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Scary to see people spending big money on a first comic book appearance of a character that may very well die next week in live action. 

There is no way they would kill him off so quick. He could have his own show.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

That was the title of the first episode, too. This album has it all. 

I'm partial to Number of the Beast but I bought Somewhere in Time on vinyl on opening day and wore it out within 6 months.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, Kramerica said:

I'm partial to Number of the Beast but I bought Somewhere in Time on vinyl on opening day and wore it out within 6 months.

I first listened to somewhere in time album on cassette in 1986. Still have it on my playlist in my car. My favorite maiden album still. Was even educational; taught me about Alexander the great. I know they have sold like a 100 million records but they are still underrated IMHO. And still an awesome live act. 

On 2/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, Kramerica said:

Somewhere in Time was my first Maiden album, so it holds a special place in my heart. Definitely in my top 3 Maiden albums.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, ygogolak said:

I haven't seen any listings saying 1st yet. I'm sure some will pop up but in general, no.

There is no way they would kill him off so quick. He could have his own show.

For sure....Cad Bane was a huge player in the CW and Rebels with a huge fan base.  No way they are going to kill him off after 2 episodes. People love to hate him as he is the biggest scoundrel of them all.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:26 AM, Grendel72 said:

I first listened to somewhere in time album on cassette in 1986. Still have it on my playlist in my car. My favorite maiden album still. Was even educational; taught me about Alexander the great. I know they have sold like a 100 million records but they are still underrated IMHO. And still an awesome live act. 

(thumbsu

Wake the :censored: up, Rock and Roll HOF!

On 2/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, gradejunky said:

For sure....Cad Bane was a huge player in the CW and Rebels with a huge fan base.  No way they are going to kill him off after 2 episodes. People love to hate him as he is the biggest scoundrel of them all.

I doubt they'll kill him off too, but no way he will have his own show. Look what they did to Boba Fett and Cad is basically modeled on what fans wanted Fett to be. Unless you want them to change him to a boring, misunderstood character with a secret heart of gold. Disney won't do villains.

Edited by Tnexus

On 2/3/2022 at 8:14 AM, gradejunky said:

no matter who loses in next week's war, the writers can bring back whoever they want with the mod parlor. apparently anything short of decapitation and you can be revived. 

On 2/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, Tnexus said:

I doubt they'll kill him off too, but no way he will have his own show. Look what they did to Boba Fett and Cad is basically modeled on what fans wanted Fett to be. Unless you want them to change him to a boring, misunderstood character with a secret heart of gold. Disney won't do villains.

Not sure if a CB solo show would be enough to draw audiences, but I'd love to see a bounty hunters show. No, not the long carppy drawn out crossover that Marvel did. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, Lpgk said:

Not sure if a CB solo show would be enough to draw audiences, but I'd love to see a bounty hunters show. No, not the long carppy drawn out crossover that Marvel did. 

That's basically what Boba is shaping up to be with his team.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:37 PM, Tnexus said:

That would be only viable if it ends up being Luke vs Cad.  Otherwise I do not see Cad dying.  But you really cannot rule it out.