• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

Personally, regarding the upgrades or updates on the message boards----if it's not broke, don't fix it.  I don't recall hearing any complaints that would warrant change.  What I do remember though, is the last time they changed up the boards, a lot of boardies left and never came back.  Which was a true shame.  Most just went to Facebook groups.

Just now, Mad Titan said:

Has 3 options report, share, edit. I tried edit nothing there guess you'd have to manually close it...like in the old days :preach:

I've added it to a list here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/480195-i-hate-the-new-boards-joke/

Hopefully they'll restore it 

4 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

Personally, regarding the upgrades or updates on the message boards----if it's not broke, don't fix it.  I don't recall hearing any complaints that would warrant change.  What I do remember though, is the last time they changed up the boards, a lot of boardies left and never came back.  Which was a true shame.  Most just went to Facebook groups.

I don't think our admins knew about this Rich - Invision (the site owners) spring changes unannounced all the time. It looks like our admins are working now to correct all the unwanted changes and I wouldn't mind betting that we'll back to as near to normal soon, just with a few cosmetic differences that well likely soon forget about. CGC pay for an off the shelf forum now that is largely self running, so all the personal touches that we were used to in the past have gone now. 

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

now that we know who the "secret " mods are that explains a lot on why certain members are given a pass while others are immediately given a strike...

it also explains why the 100% politically motivated -global warming thread in the water cooler has been allowed to continue and why almost all members who give dissenting viewpoints in that thread are given strikes and crucified for disagreeing 

You're completely right. Knowing who they are, in at least two instances, explains an awful lot.  

Edit.

For clarity, when I say instances I am referring to people other than actual instances, which are innumerable.

Edited by G G ®

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

To be fair, moderators should not be anonymous.

To be fair, they should not suddenly be outed if they agreed to do something where the terms of that agreement stated that the boards would mask their anonymity. 

I would like to think that several of you (not specifically directed at Crops068) all will be able to contain yourselves and not cause a headache... but... hey, this is Comics General we are talking about.

Edited by Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Do we know if they have access to our PMs? 

Would be quite unethical to have anonymous eavesdropping on sales, special events, and just creepy in general. 

I'd never even considered that, but if that happens then that it entirely unacceptable, unethical and completely wrong. It is a complete invasion of privacy and a violation of a person's rights.

5 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Do we know if they have access to our PMs? 

Would be quite unethical to have anonymous eavesdropping on sales, special events, and just creepy in general. 

I won't be answering questions in this thread but, I feel I should comment on this one.  The only time a mod can see a PM is if a problem is reported, and that is REALLY rare.