• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

So now restoration is deception?  

When CGC had a secret pressing service available only to certain clients, was that deception?

Youre right.  He's not doing anything wrong.  And anyway, no one's gonna do anything about it.  And anyway other people are also doing stuff.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Tenth time

Shilling is a crime. Not buying a CGC 7.5, cracking it, taking a photo, photoshopping most of the flaws away, then grading the restored image 9.4 meanwhile the book is still the same 7.5 it was because the image was the only thing improved upon. 

Again, that's scumbaggery and the scum is much thicker than simply disagreement with CGC.

Shilling is illegal. 

3 Men Are Charged With Fraud In 1,100 Art Auctions on EBay - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

you are still presenting a twenty year old article about an indictment.

Just now, Jimmy Linguini said:

After skimming the case details it looks like he was only caught because it was his son bidding on the items using his real name. no?

I just post links, i don't read more than 2 sentences into them.

You're in Canada, they would probably give you a stern talking to and revoke your Tim Horton's privileges for a week.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:
5 minutes ago, Bird said:

I live in NJ and I cannot bid on my HA consignments. It says you are consignor and cannot bid on the item page. I only know this much.

I thought it was that Heritage employees could bid on Heritage auctions

2 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

I've never caught anyone before dumb enough to make 700 bids in one month, exclusively on his own auctions.

And sadly it seems it took the efforts of JJJ and the rest of you guys to bring it to light. I'm sure it's insane how many people are screwing over others across many different industries / hobbies. Unfortunately this guy has thus far been stupid like a fox. That phrase might not have been used in the correct context, but...

7 minutes ago, the blob said:
9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I live in NJ and I cannot bid on my HA consignments. It says you are consignor and cannot bid on the item page. I only know this much.

I thought it was that Heritage employees could bid on Heritage auctions

Lets ask @NP_Gresham.

5 minutes ago, shadroch said:

you are still presenting a twenty year old article about an indictment.

What is shill bidding? (sharovalaw.com) 

IS SHILL BIDDING ILLEGAL? WHAT STATES?

Yes, shill bidding is an officially illegal practice. You are going to be sued in accordance with antitrust law under the Donnelly Act, which prohibits bid rigging and price fixing. The Donelly act is located in New York’s General Business law Code section 340-347. The Donelly Act is applied in the cases against people charged with shill bidding on eBay and any other online auctions platforms. As a result, you can be sentenced to up to four years of imprisonment. You can get a fine as well. The amount of fine is different for individuals and businesses. You can be obliged to pay up to $ 100 000 as an individual, or up to $1 million as a business. 

All the above information represents the laws of New York State.

Yet, shill bidding can go to the federal level, so then: 

Additionally, you can be charged under 18 U.S. Code Section 1343 for wire fraud. Shill bidding is considered a kind of wire fraud, which is a federal offense. According to Section 1343 of 18 U.S. Code, you can get up to two decades of a prison sentence.

Just now, shadroch said:

In two weeks, this thread will be on page 6 and the guy will still be doing what he is doing. 

Maybe when the NYS AG gets my file on BBC, the AG's office may also be doing something different than they are now. 

I've shared about 30% of what I found and I've still only scratched the surface. There's lots more that I don't wish to clutter the forum with. The point has been made about what he's doing and sharing that accurate info with other hobbyists. Far more than is shared here will be shared with the NYS AG. The dark side. Strong it is with this one, Yoda. 

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I count 28 of your posts so far in this thread and Shad, I just don't get it. 

You've done everything you could to excuse this seller, ignore a 'business plan' that relies on systemic lying and deception and shilling and manipulation of images, and denigrate the OP and tell him this thread doesn't matter.

The OP's efforts may not stop this guy from selling and it's unlikely he'll go to jail but how can you not appreciate his stand for honesty in the hobby and his efforts to warn fellow collectors about this guy?

I know shadroch has a good appreciation for making money-I get it but in this case, I just dont get it.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Is it people defending this particular seller or people defending the practice of cracking open books for resale because a CGC grade is really just one persons opinion?

The fraud of doctoring photos, doing restoration work without advising the buyers, and having shill bets to bump the price of your auctions. 

If someone thinks cracking open a CGC book, lying about the raw grade, and reselling them is an okay ethical practice too, well then... Im glad it’s not my soul we are discussions here. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Please don't attempt to bring facts into this. It will just muddle things up. 

Hahahah. Oh my god. 

The fact that people continue to defend this is amazing. 

When stuff like this can be greyed out, this is why humanity is in the dumps. People have no concept of basic right and wrong. 

If everything can be justified or argued, what’s the point of law?