• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 4:01 AM, James J Johnson said:

That's the "if you put 100 monkeys with typewriters in a room for long enough, eventually you'll get Hamlet" infinite monkey theorem", applied here, that Scoots/BBC will eventually post something to help his credibility rise from 0.0 to 0.1 . hm

monkey-typing.gif

source.gif

On 9/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, Scootrk said:

I called cgc today about lights i have also asked them about scan i asked if they are using glasses or magnifying glass with a telescope to see flaws on my comics. Ive also told them ill take a cgc thats graded in 2015 and looks like nothing compared to my comic graded in 2020 and on i have 3 CGC 9.4 that look nothing like each other the 1 in 2015 looks like garbage compared to my 2021 CGC thats looks perfect my opinion was harshly graded. All my my books from the past years look way better than this Star wars 1 graded in 2015. So i asked are glasses and scans being used because im scared to death to send any of my best copies as of now. Cgc said they call me back today i hope this info can help all of us to catch our mistakes before getting a lower grade back thats clearly not expected. And guys if i was beatle id being selling you CGC i would not give away my raws if i had the opportunity to possibly hit ASM 300 9.8 etc is why i shared my comic may have got that grade. Again cgc finds things on my best copies this 9.4 i have with a finger bend clearly cant be seen in the case the only person who can see that was a grader at CGC. I also said if glasses by any grader is being used thats just not fair. Can we keep this topic going forward and just figure out how to detect like CGC and none of us would have this problem. I can also figure this out and leave if my help isn't appreciated here. Trying to help every1 so it can get passed along. Thanks for understanding i get a little nuts when i get down graded comics. Take care

On 9/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, Scootrk said:

Yes its positive because you can detect flaws then send it back to seller immediately instead of sending to CGC express then CGC doesnt meet their time tier the book is there for month and half now im stuck with books that dont meet 30 day return from any seller i buy. Yes my opinion this is positive. If you disagree and i cant change that i can only suggest ppl learn from this thread thats all thanks once again

@Scootrk if you're not beetlecat 

THEN STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD. This is not the place for grading advice, read the rules of the forum. :rulez:

to help you post here (thumbsu 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/27-comic-book-grading-and-restoration-issues/

But this is Comic General, where people complain about CGC 

He paid 100 bucks for a press, and it's all CGC's fault

The master plan is to get equipment just like CGC and create a superior grading company 

If he isn't Beatle Blue Cat, he is probably the guy who start PGX

On 9/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Scootrk said:

This post is about grades and after that comment good luck to you all you can find the same info i can. Wish u all best of luck i dont need this ppl are talking about under grade all over the place yes. Bye ladies and gentlemen best wishes

but that's not "what this thread is about!" (shrug)

Sorry to see you go?

On 9/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, Scootrk said:

This post is about grades and after that comment good luck to you all you can find the same info i can. Wish u all best of luck i dont need this ppl are talking about under grade all over the place yes. Bye ladies and gentlemen best wishes

Everyone knows you aren't going anywhere 

On 9/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, Scootrk said:

Im a simple comic shop trying to achieve the best grades thats what ive been doing from the start im definitely not a company looking to compete with CGC. CGC has how many fans that will buy a CGC over a scoot grade lol. Also even if a company did get that info they would still have to compare to CGC and i dont see ANY CONPANY THAT DOES OR EVER WILL. See yeah thread anf again best wishes to all

What is your shops name?

I wonder if I typed 

colon makepoint colon 

: makepoint :

:idea: I know! I'll try NO SPACES! :makepoint: all lower case too! :banana: and then hit enter! ya that would be the :busy: knees!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/21/2021 at 12:50 PM, southern cross said:

Umm... cell phones have autocorrect!

The only thing I can do is review the same time as the deadline is Sep2nd for the con thread I think I have a few things to do in the morning and I will be there in a few minutes away from the....

:roflmao:and they have suggestions too! I can't really say anything, I just used my middle suggestion (what 30 times?) And it already typed a better sentence than I do, most times  doh!

But yes typing emojis on the phone is iffy (thumbsu

Still end up doing it most of the time, rather than waiting for the emoji icon to load. Silly board 500 errors 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, Scootrk said:

I called cgc today about lights i have also asked them about scan i asked if they are using glasses or magnifying glass with a telescope to see flaws on my comics. Ive also told them ill take a cgc thats graded in 2015 and looks like nothing compared to my comic graded in 2020 and on i have 3 CGC 9.4 that look nothing like each other the 1 in 2015 looks like garbage compared to my 2021 CGC thats looks perfect my opinion was harshly graded. All my my books from the past years look way better than this Star wars 1 graded in 2015. So i asked are glasses and scans being used because im scared to death to send any of my best copies as of now. Cgc said they call me back today i hope this info can help all of us to catch our mistakes before getting a lower grade back thats clearly not expected. And guys if i was beatle id being selling you CGC i would not give away my raws if i had the opportunity to possibly hit ASM 300 9.8 etc is why i shared my comic may have got that grade. Again cgc finds things on my best copies this 9.4 i have with a finger bend clearly cant be seen in the case the only person who can see that was a grader at CGC. I also said if glasses by any grader is being used thats just not fair. Can we keep this topic going forward and just figure out how to detect like CGC and none of us would have this problem. I can also figure this out and leave if my help isn't appreciated here. Trying to help every1 so it can get passed along. Thanks for understanding i get a little nuts when i get down graded comics. Take care

So, I am finding that there is only one room in the house where I can see to accurately grade any more. It is the laundry/bathroom where there is a skylight plus a five lightbulb fixture over the vanity, and other lights on the ceiling. This lighting arrangement allows me to really see flaws.

I would suggest you take a look at the lighting arrangement where you grade books, and see if any improvements can be made.

I will occasionally use a jeweler's loupe for suspect areas, but that is mostly for difficult areas, or for restoration detection. A caution about magnification is that it makes almost everything appear terrible, so I only use it sparingly - maybe one out of 200 books.

As you've pointed out, CGC is terribly inconsistent, but I have found that the inconsistency is consistent (ha) over all grading "ages", eras, and CGC case types. And all case types do a great job of hiding flaws that you could easily see on a raw book. I have cracked out hundreds of books, and it is very disappointing to crack out a 9.4, only to discover flaws consistent with a 9.0 grade that were hidden by the slab.

Just some thoughts. 2c

On 9/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, DR.X said:

Broadcasting live from " The Garage " with air currents of dog hair, swirling in the encapsulation section.

LOL - I can pretty much tell you which boardies have dogs by the hair in the packaging, tape, and comic sleeves.

But the worst, or maybe the funniest, are the human pubes that are occasionally included..., 😀

On 9/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, lizards2 said:

LOL - I can pretty much tell you which boardies have dogs by the hair in the packaging, tape, and comic sleeves.

But the worst, or maybe the funniest, are the human pubes that are occasionally included..., 😀

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xgfmrb4i8euckcjnrw