• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas, September 17-19, 2021
1 1

151 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, Bluemedgroup said:
On 9/6/2021 at 12:08 AM, MichaelLord said:

Will CGC have a booth set up at the con to drop off comics? Also how does the CGC witness happen when you get multiple books signed by multiple people? Do you just ask them to follow you? Lol, sorry this is my first Con that some of my favorite artists and writers are at. 

I was told that CGC would not be there; source @ADAMANTIUM 

Correct "cgc itself" will not be represented 

BUT!!!

Other CGC facilitators and witnesses will be there, if you get started early you can ask them questions and or drop off with them, or we have been able to at past cons. They might tell you when and how also other in's and outs. 

I haven't heard of any specific booths or facilitators for this con, but I'm 99%positive :) as some of the special ticketed events to this con have a separate CGC available option :tink: 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Correct "cgc itself" will not be represented 

BUT!!!

Other CGC facilitators and witnesses will be there, if you get started early you can ask them questions and or drop off with them, or we have been able to at past cons. They might tell you when and how also other in's and outs. 

I haven't heard of any specific booths or facilitators for this con, but I'm 99%positive :) as some of the special ticketed events to this con have a separate CGC available option :tink: 

I believe Dork Buzz will be there, who can CGC witness/facilitate.

https://www.facebook.com/DorkBuzz

On 9/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, Crops068 said:

Me too.  My only guess is that Tynion is cancelling since he just got back from overseas?

Yeah, just got the email from Fan Expo. Looks like they aren't appearing, but we can still buy the exclusive books from the booth since we had reservations for it. Damn.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, kevhtx said:

Just got automatic refunds on my SiKtC and DoT events....I guess it got cancelled?

Just got confirmation (privately) that Simmonds, Dell'Edera and Tynion are all cancelling.  So that would kill both events right there.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, kevhtx said:

Yeah, just got the email from Fan Expo. Looks like they aren't appearing, but we can still buy the exclusive books from the booth since we had reservations for it. Damn.

If you had items you wanted signed you might be able to still submit them for signatures with the booth, not 100% on that.  Reach out to Scott's Collectibles on social media.  I know I would trust my stuff with them.

Updated Cancellation List

Comics

1. David Finch
  2. Jason Fabok
  3. Meredith Finch
  4. Michael Golden
  5. Francisco Herrera
  6. Sam Maggs
  7. Benjamin Percy
  8. Greg Capullo
  9. Mike Grell
  10. Mirka Andolfo
  11. Brian Azzarello
  12. Austin Janowsky
  13. Jay Listen
  14. James Tynion IV
  15. Werther Dell'Edera
  16. Martin Simmonds

Voice Actors

1. Paul Nakauchi
  2. Steve Downes

Celebs

1. Dave Bautista (not that you could see him anyways, he stands too still)
  2. Brian Baumgartner
  3. Brent Spiner
  4. Gates McFadden
  5. Billie Piper
  6. Anthony Michael Hall
  7. All four Hobbits, which I think they were the 1st announced.
    1. Elijah Wood
    2. Billy Boyd
    3. Dominic Monaghan
    4. Sean Astin
  8. Wayne Knight
  9. Brendan Fraser
  10. Brecklin Meyer

The last ones were tough and they waited until the last minute hoping travel restrictions would lift, but Andolfo, Dell'Edera and Simmonds are all based in countries not open to travel. 

For anyone who bought the Department of Truth and/or Something is Killing the Children VIPs, you'll be getting a refund, but your names will be given to the local Scott's rep who will be set up on the floor and you can buy the foils directly from him. He'll also offer signing opportunities if anyone wants to do send away. 

On 9/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, Crops068 said:

If you had items you wanted signed you might be able to still submit them for signatures with the booth, not 100% on that.  Reach out to Scott's Collectibles on social media.  I know I would trust my stuff with them.

Yep, I've done business with Scott's for years. They are legit and one of the best in the biz. One reason I was really looking forward to these events. I have the utmost respect for that company.

Ill buy the books and most likely send off for sigs. I think Tynion is supposed to attend a con they are attending in the next couple months anyway.

From a local, @Kevin Boyd I love having them do events at Fan Expo and hope you guys get them back for next year and years to come. Too bad this one fell through.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:18 PM, kevhtx said:

Yep, I've done business with Scott's for years. They are legit and one of the best in the biz. One reason I was really looking forward to these events. I have the utmost respect for that company.

Ill buy the books and most likely send off for sigs. I think Tynion is supposed to attend a con they are attending in the next couple months anyway.

From a local, @Kevin Boyd I love having them do events at Fan Expo and hope you guys get them back for next year and years to come. Too bad this one fell through.

Oh yeah Scott's has treated me right and I agree it would be amazing to see them do more with Fan Expo.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

The last ones were tough and they waited until the last minute hoping travel restrictions would lift, but Andolfo, Dell'Edera and Simmonds are all based in countries not open to travel. 

For anyone who bought the Department of Truth and/or Something is Killing the Children VIPs, you'll be getting a refund, but your names will be given to the local Scott's rep who will be set up on the floor and you can buy the foils directly from him. He'll also offer signing opportunities if anyone wants to do send away. 

And this is 10000000000% appreciated.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:41 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

I can understand not canceling the event as a whole at this point, but given the number of cancellations (and the week isn't over yet), giving people the option to get a refund or credit their ticket to next year would be the right thing to do.

Feel free to contact Customer Service and make your case.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:49 PM, Crops068 said:

Updated Cancellation List

Comics

1. David Finch
  2. Jason Fabok
  3. Meredith Finch
  4. Michael Golden
  5. Francisco Herrera
  6. Sam Maggs
  7. Benjamin Percy
  8. Greg Capullo
  9. Mike Grell
  10. Mirka Andolfo
  11. Brian Azzarello
  12. Austin Janowsky
  13. Jay Listen
  14. James Tynion IV
  15. Werther Dell'Edera
  16. Martin Simmonds

Voice Actors

1. Paul Nakauchi
  2. Steve Downes

Celebs

1. Dave Bautista (not that you could see him anyways, he stands too still)
  2. Brian Baumgartner
  3. Brent Spiner
  4. Gates McFadden
  5. Billie Piper
  6. Anthony Michael Hall
  7. All four Hobbits, which I think they were the 1st announced.
    1. Elijah Wood
    2. Billy Boyd
    3. Dominic Monaghan
    4. Sean Astin
  8. Wayne Knight
  9. Brendan Fraser
  10. Brecklin Meyer

Celeb Cancellation Update

1. Mario Lopez

On 9/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, TheCollector2016 said:
On 9/15/2021 at 9:53 AM, Crops068 said:

Celeb Cancellation Update

1. Mario Lopez

Just wanted to note he also canceled his appearance at Comicpalooza in July.

yes, and he did a facebook video explaining it was due to work and schedule etc. said he looked forward to a "next year" ....

On 9/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes, and he did a facebook video explaining it was due to work and schedule etc. said he looked forward to a "next year" ....

I saw it, I thought that was nice of him. But he also canceled "due to a professional obligation" on 7/13 for a 7/17 - 7/18 con.

If the scheduling/work is that tight for him...

On 9/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

I saw it, I thought that was nice of him. But he also canceled "due to a professional obligation" on 7/13 for a 7/17 - 7/18 con.

If the scheduling/work is that tight for him...

True lol

Well we got 2 days away! 

I'm excited! It's been pushed off since May of 2020, so we're finally getting to get up with the get down and nerd out a bit!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM