• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2022 at 8:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I’ll consider picking it up if it goes on sale 

On 2/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, The Meta said:

Same, I can see this being on PS plus

Switched out my mantis blades to something else so I've been playing a lot with smart weapons.  It's worth the investment to get the upgrades.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It’s still a huge mess. If you have the ps4 physical edition, the latest patch breaks the game entirely (as in, it won’t work) it’s barely at what they promised us at launch, and it only runs well on next gen. There’s just so much bad taste with this game that I feel it will never recover.

Good to know.  I will continue to bide my time.  Plus, I realized I have a sealed copy of Resident Evil Village waiting after AC Valhalla. Plus, LOU2. 

On 2/21/2022 at 8:46 PM, The Meta said:

I got RE7 gold off PS plus and still haven't played it

RE village looks fantastic 

I watch a great speedrunner named Carcinogen and he loves RE, has done all of them, great stuff

https://m.youtube.com/c/CarcinogenSDA/playlists

4 was the last RE I played and enjoyed. After that they just became very formulated shooters in my opinion. 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:37 PM, szav said:

I could write a book about the experience with those types in Everyquest over the course of several years.  Corruption, favors financial and otherwise for special in game treatment, in game feuds leading to real life feuds and broken marriages. delusional online manifestos, doxing and attempts to ruin people's careers, guilds with more than 100 members with people's who's lives were totally devoted to the game at the expense of everything else in their life, death threats and arrests, etc etc... all for a make believe fantasy that could be taken away in an instant.  Never again here as well.

A girl from the neighborhood where I grew up married a guy that played Everquest. They ended up getting divorced because that’s all he did I guess. Get up early, play. Go to work, come home and play until late. Go to bed. Repeat. 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, s-man said:

Anyone else looking forward to Elden Ring coming out next week?

I finally finished beating all three Dark Souls on SL1, so looking forward to getting another tough souls like game!

Hits at Midnight tonight!!!:banana:

On 2/21/2022 at 9:56 PM, jaybuck43 said:

4 was the last RE I played and enjoyed. After that they just became very formulated shooters in my opinion. 

RE5 was fun. RE6 was atrocious. RE7 is creepy as all get out. Haven’t yet played Village.

And they are remaking 4 sometime this year I believe.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, s-man said:

Hits at Midnight tonight!!!:banana:

I just finished the Platinum on Bloodborne last week and I am very much looking forward to this one.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:56 AM, Park said:

I just finished the Platinum on Bloodborne last week and I am very much looking forward to this one.

Very impressive.

I’ve just completed the Mass Effect Legendary Edition in its entirety on Insanity level.  Not really that difficult except in one or two places, such as the end of the Omega DLC and the start of the Citadel DLC, even with the most physically vulnerable Adept build. My favourite, as creating biotic detonations and having your opponents flail about in singularities never gets old, all the while manoeuvring with weak shields that can be cut through in seconds. Described as the Mage build, but, to us, it’s more the Superpower option.

The graphics upgrade is variable, but in many places is quite impressive; more detail, better textures and colour, and 4K on PS5.

Despite Mass Effect 1 being described as dated, I thought it was excellent.  Having never played it before, spotting foreshadowing developed in the subsequent games was interesting. The planet exploration and Mako was perfectly fine, apart from the cookie cutter repetition of the bases you locate.  

Mass Effect 2, of course, is deservedly ranked as an all-time classic game, and especially the final Suicide Mission.  Great characters and dialogue. 

Mass Effect 3 is criticised for the limited options presented at the end, despite having been promised significant differences based upon your decisions throughout the 3 games leading up to it.  Not quite so disappointing if you think of the entire final game simply as the aftermath to the Suicide Mission, as your choices might change how the third game itself develops: you might lose teammates during that mission, some might remain with you, others move on elsewhere with their lives, some might live or die in the third game, and one is an inevitable, terminal loss.

Overall, fantastic to play an Ultimate Edition of one of my favourite series  of all time. Superb.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/25/2022 at 5:29 AM, Rodey said:

Has anyone played Horizon Forbidden West yet? That looks amazing. I loved the first one.

I have it downloaded and ready, but I'm going to finish Ghost of Tsushima first.  It does look awesome on PS5...(thumbsu

Finished the main story and all of the Order killing and got the settlement to Level 6 in AC Valhalla.  I really enjoyed it, but I am not sticking around to 100% complete it.  Forgot when I got the PS5 I actually rebought Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, so going to finish the post story part of that before deciding if LoU2 or REVillage is next. 

I did not like SquareEnix Avengers and just stopped playing it, I thought it was so bad.  That said, been hearing lots of good things about GOTG and it's now half off most places. Might hit that next.  Maybe by the time all that is done, Elden Ring will be cheap enough to entice me.  I don't mind being behind several months to a year on the biggest titles.  Most of the time, anyway. 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:21 AM, Transplant said:

Finished the main story and all of the Order killing and got the settlement to Level 6 in AC Valhalla.  I really enjoyed it, but I am not sticking around to 100% complete it.  Forgot when I got the PS5 I actually rebought Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, so going to finish the post story part of that before deciding if LoU2 or REVillage is next. 

I did not like SquareEnix Avengers and just stopped playing it, I thought it was so bad.  That said, been hearing lots of good things about GOTG and it's now half off most places. Might hit that next.  Maybe by the time all that is done, Elden Ring will be cheap enough to entice me.  I don't mind being behind several months to a year on the biggest titles.  Most of the time, anyway. 

After Valhalla, I’m staying away from massive open-world games for awhile….got burned out after 150+ hours.  I’ve put in almost 70 hours on Tsushima…just grinding a couple trophies before I start the dlc’s.  It’s still fun, so I keep playing it.  After that, its HFW and GT7…should keep me busy into summer.  GotG…meh.  I prefer to finish a game before I start another, so GotG is on the back burner. lol