• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

I got my PS5 a few months ago at Best Buy. I woke at 4am. Was casually looking at Twitter, and saw that it was dropping at the store that day. Wasn't going back to bed now. Drove off in my pajamas. Got in line just in time because it wrapped around the building. Waited in line for 2.5 hours in the pouring rain. Worth it. I've been playing Avengers ever since.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, Rodey said:

I got my PS5 a few months ago at Best Buy. I woke at 4am. Was casually looking at Twitter, and saw that it was dropping at the store that day. Wasn't going back to bed now. Drove off in my pajamas. Got in line just in time because it wrapped around the building. Waited in line for 2.5 hours in the pouring rain. Worth it. I've been playing Avengers ever since.

Congrats!!! I love my ps5

On 12/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, Galen130 said:

My wife's 31 year old son, a freeloading leech who can't live his own life, offered her a chance to sell MY PS5 at scalped prices in order for him to make some cash and for her to get her money back (not likely).  When she mentioned this to me, I just about blew a gasket. Not because it's mine and was a birthday gift from my wife, but because he had the audacity to suggest it (and I can't stand his presence).  So, apparently scalpers are still making money on these things...maybe not as much as the beginning of the year.

BTW, I told my wife that if I ever find him in the house, or think he has been, she'll be visiting him in jail.  I'll be changing the door locks too.  Imagine if he found my comics!!! :ohnoez::censored:

That loser.  With the semiconductor shortage,  ps5s are still gold.  Tried to buy one from target from a friend and it was pretty much impossible 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 12/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

@Galen130 have you played cyberpunk yet... loving this mission with Panam

No, not really my speed.  I’ve been working on Assassins Creed Valhalla for months.  I purchased Diablo 2: Resurrected for PS5 (huge Diablo fan), but it’s been broken since it released.  Blizzard hasn't done a thing to fix it and a lot of players are peeved.  They lost my business for sure.  I am, however, waiting for Horizon Forbidden West to come out…I pre-ordered it.  Can’t wait!!:banana:

I will say...if you're not playing PS5 through a 4K television, you're missing out.  Even PS4 games look better, if they've been enhanced for PS5.  The new Horizon was designed specifically for the new Playstation.  I can't wait to see how it looks and plays. :shy:

Just finished Uncharted 3 again on PS3, Crushing difficulty.

My planned itinerary when I get the PS5 is to complete the Uncharted series and also Horizon Zero Dawn PS4, and then GOTG PS5. 

That should keep me going a while.

Also looking forward to a complete run through of Mass Effect for the first time with the Legendary Edition, never having played the first game or quite a bit of DLC, which although a PS4 title runs in 4K on the new console. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:15 PM, Galen130 said:

I will say...if you're not playing PS5 through a 4K television, you're missing out.  Even PS4 games look better, if they've been enhanced for PS5.  The new Horizon was designed specifically for the new Playstation.  I can't wait to see how it looks and plays. :shy:

Strangely enough, I made my similar post without seeing yours, pretty much at the same time.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Strangely enough, I made my similar post without seeing yours, pretty much at the same time.

All good.  I played the Mass Effect games on the Xbox, then Andromeda on PS4.  The Xbox trilogy was great.  I'm good to go though...once was enough for me.  lol

Zero Dawn was unique at the time.  I played the hell out of that one.  Open-world type games like that are more my speed (or hack and slash), although I get burned out on games like Fallout and Skyrim.  Putting over 200/300 hours on a game seems a bit much, but I am retired. :banana:

On 12/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, Galen130 said:

Skyrim.  Putting over 200/300 hours on a game seems

The game I ‘finished’ before Uncharted 2 and 3. Legendary Edition, PS3.

Many RPGs end up with that kind of time investment if you don’t watch it.

My end point was to leave Paarthurnax in control after the ridiculously easy Alduin boss fight.  No justification to remove him.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, The Meta said:

Getting to level 71 to get the legendary dragon killer trophy has taken me 3 years.

Almost there.....

You want to get to level 80 to try taking on The Ebony Warrior. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, The Meta said:

Getting to level 71 to get the legendary dragon killer trophy has taken me 3 years.

Almost there.....

I didn't reach level 50....I got burned out after almost 300 hours.  I had other games to conquer. Lol

On 12/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, The Meta said:

I had forgotten about that

You’ll get owned at first. It requires analysing his skill set, but you can counter-strategise.

On 12/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, Ken Aldred said:

You’ll get owned at first. It requires analysing his skill set, but you can counter-strategise.

Or I could just go to the Spiffing Brit school of Reanu Keeves Skyrim walk through 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:41 PM, The Meta said:

Or I could just go to the Spiffing Brit school of Reanu Keeves Skyrim walk through 

More satisfying if you build something that works best with your own playing style and levelled skills. Mine was a combination of maxed armour and weapon smithing, enchantment and archery.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, Ken Aldred said:

More satisfying if you build something that works best with your own playing style and levelled skills. Mine was a combination of maxed armour and weapon smithing, enchantment and archery.

I love my kitty ganker builds, but always go with my Breton annihilation mage for power kills