• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Qalyar said:

So, Dylan. I tried to stay out of most of the Dylan threads. Occasionally, I joked around in them like most of us. At least once, I tried to directly engage him and offer serious, legitimate advice to help him stop digging.

Does he need to be on the Hall? For me, easy yes.

We "met" Dylan with the character label debacle. I, like many others, believe he found -- and intentionally exploited -- what amounts to a bug in CGC's QA process. If he did, if that was entirely intended, it was little more than an effort to defraud the collecting community. And that would have been worthy of the Hall. But maybe it wasn't, so Dylan remained.

We argued with him about restoration disclosures, and trimming. For my part, I don't think trimming is "restoration" either, exactly, but I'd sure as :censored: disclose a trimmed book. Dylan argued semantics. Someone who promised to intentionally obfuscate trimmed books would probably wind up on the Hall. But Dylan relented, although still claiming the high ground. Still, it was enough, and Dylan remained.

We took a look at his grading practices, and saw reprehensible overgrading. Dylan himself admitted that was something of a breaching experiment to see what would actually drive returns. Again, in my mind, that's a fraud on the community. But consensus was it was Dylan's business and reputation that would count the cost, so Dylan remained.

Along the way, he got into an ugly personal dispute with CGC, who runs these boards, spewing ill-considered but quotable memes and issuing (probably spurious) legal threats. I've moderated boards elsewhere in the nonsensical landscape of the internet, and everywhere I have (and nearly anywhere I've posted!) anyone making legal threats against the board owner would earn a one-way trip to Bantown. But not from CGC, it seems, so Dylan remained. This spilled over into ugly fights with others (Danielle, for example), that may very well have constituted interference with THEIR businesses. But it didn't happen here, on these boards, and so Dylan remained.

And now we have what I quoted up there. When Dylan gets to respond, he'll probably say that wasn't actually a threat. But Dylan says a lot of things that aren't true. Because I think we all know how that was intended. And the phone calls? Maybe that rises to the level of harassment. Maybe it doesn't. But it isn't any more acceptable either way. Is this "interfering with a business"? You know, again? Probably. But it shouldn't matter what we call it. Dylan's behavior was unacceptable when he first attracted attention. It has been unacceptable the entire time since. It is unacceptable now. He has shown a willingness to defraud the community even if he rode technicalities such that he didn't quite cross the line. He's shown an eagerness to take fights off the boards and, now, into real life. Over and over, he's violated social norms, alienated people from our community, and generally made a heel of himself. And he's remained.

It's time to show that, at this late hour, even if Dylan seemingly knows no shame, that he still belongs in its Hall.

Thank you for the summation. 

I witnessed most of this when it happened (though I seemed to have missed the Danielle thing).

I was kind of wrestling with this a bit as it seemed to be an issue of personality, but as you pointed out, there is a pattern of behavior that goes beyond that. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Everything has gone to hell in a hand basket since CGC let the Pokemon crew in here.

this is the most fun I have had on the boards in a long time

I feel like I am hitting my stride here people!

16 minutes ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

Just came back from Lunch, Oh great. Shame on Domo. If almost anyone else had started this poll and thread it would be fine-it's now almost hypocritical. Just like Dylan, is not clear when presenting arguments like he did with CGC and now this, the boardies community was sloppy I'm sad to say

I would strongly encourage you to, first, read the red-text post from @skypinkblu and, second, to recognize that this isn't helping.

Edited by Qalyar

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Does that mean I'd stop getting pms telling me I need to read my pms? :idea:

But....but....if you aren't reading your PMs how can you read a PM telling you to read your PMs? 

CelebratedLongBlackwidowspider-max-1mb.g

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm leaving for a bit, however,  @Snooze Festand   @wehatecomicdylan@gmail.comYou are obviously both shill IDs if you  are actually Dylan the kid posting, I suggest you quickly confess and stop posting.

Because if you had any leeway with the Admins before, posting shill ids is not going to be in your favor.

If the site admins can connect the IP addy from these suspected shill accounts to where Dylanthekid accessed from isn't that enough by itself for a permanent ban?  I thought I read that somewhere way back.