• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

FWIW I've sold to Dylan before. 3 years ago. I still have the pms. 

He was a pest. He told me silly, petty lies and strung out the whole process of paying me. That annoys me. He also threw in several nuggets of unwanted information, such as, 'I'm an Overstreet Advisor', and 'I want free shipping but I'm not a cheapskate' all designed to grant him more leeway without actually asking for it.

That annoyed me. It's hardly a hanging offence but I like to deal with straight shooters. I don't like BS.

The decision there and then was made for me 3 years ago not to deal with him again.

Regardless of whether he goes in the Hall or not, there is a history of information here of much more serious digressions rather than just his annoying way of conducting himself or his delusions of grandeur.

Frankly anyone who deals with him is going to have these issues. When you ignore the warnings, you kinda have it coming.

2c

His entire origin story from his website, and at least one interview, smells strongly of bogus. So it's sadly not surprising to hear he is free wheeling with the lies and deceit. He's just FOS all around and needs to grow up.

Edited by speedcake

1 minute ago, kav said:

Part of learning to be an adult is getting a job and learning how to get along with coworkers, act in a somewhat professional manner, have responsibilities, and take orders and receive consequences.  Many people if not most get fired from their first job and it is a wake up call.  Dylan stating he has never had a job makes some sort of sense among other things.

AggravatingWelltodoIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif.22cecdcc064938f14b92afeddd6fee75.gif

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

His entire origin story from his website, and at least one interview, smells strongly of bogus. So it's sadly not surprising to hear he is free wheeling with the lies and deceit. He's just FOS all around and needs to grow up.

Agreed.

I'm sorry to have to say this but it needs to be said. Polonsky has had the smelly end of the stick here, no doubt, and I am on his side BUT, I have to say what were you thinking Polonsky?

You are a member here for 6 years, privy to the benefits that brings i.e. the sharing of good reliable information. Over the last two years Dylan has shown himself to be  unstable and a bad risk to deal with to put it mildly, yet you tried to sell a very high dollar book to him regardless of all the bad stuff available to read about him here.

I mean.....why???   :screwy:

Just so everyone is aware.  Dylan was tagged in the first post in this thread.  

I also sent him a PM today letting him know about his nomination......when the poll will end.......and linking him to this thread in case he wishes to reply when his suspension is over.

14 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Agreed.

I'm sorry to have to say this but it needs to be said. Polonsky has had the smelly end of the stick here, no doubt, and I am on his side BUT, I have to say what were you thinking Polonsky?

You are a member here for 6 years, privy to the benefits that brings i.e. the sharing of good reliable information. Over the last two years Dylan has shown himself to be  unstable and a bad risk to deal with to put it mildly, yet you tried to sell a very high dollar book to him regardless of all the bad stuff available to read about him here.

This is a great point. This may surprise many, but up until very recently I never came to read probation threads or kept up on any of what dylan was up to. I heard he wanted to destroy cgc for a staple, and has had issues with others, but I have learned so much in this thread I had no idea about, and would have caused me to never give him the time of day. From what I did know I was willing to give him a shot, but it went sour fast and I realized it was a mistake. Other than the current pro and hos list, if theres anyone to be avoided, I need to find out.

Edited by Polonsky

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

I have talked with Polonsky extensively over the last several days regarding this mess. 

I have found him to be extremely nice and a lot of fun to talk with.

I would also look forward to doing future business with him based on the professional and polite way he has handled himself.

Having said that.....and after dealing with this thread and reading the Top City thread........I would not want him within 500 miles of me the next time I buy a lottery ticket. :baiting:

Haha thanks! I liked this, but I also wanted to hit Thanks, laugh, and I think sad.

I almost forgot. 

Just in case someone would like to doubt my authority to post a thread like this......I do still have my CGC forum watchdog badge which was granted to me years ago.

DomoBadge.jpg.27b3368b5c25eed013c05c400e12b0d6.jpg

A badge that.......need I remind anyone.......grants me all of the special powers and privileges associated with just such a position.

Which just so happens to be none.

40 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Agreed.

In fairness, i have read every warning about Dylan and I still would have given him a chance. 

I feel like you have to judge people based on your own experiences with them. To my knowledge, he hasn't stolen or defrauded anyone (though the character label scenerio was pretty close) and I would have been willing to work with him. 

This experience has changed my opinion and I did vote for HOS.  Lee did nothing wrong. It was a friendly conversation. 

And Dylan has made egregious efforts to harm his reputation and business.  Between the PL nomination, posting a conversation out of context on IG and personally messaging people about Lee (myself included), I feel like this has gone entirely to far and there needs to be consequences for this kind of behavior.