• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

I voted yes because he was out of line and no one else needs to go through that, and I think even if you're on the HOS, you should be able to get off one day if you clean up your act and time has passed.

I'm sorry to read about everything that has transpired :sorry:

I don't know what the rules are for starting a HoS vote, and I know that some hate adding more rules (which I can understand), but in fairness to any party being voted on for the HoS, I personally think that HoS voting should not begin while the party subject to the vote is on a CGC imposed vacation. While on vacation, they can't really defend themselves (which in general for someone being voted to the HoS might be tough to do), but IF they had a valid defense, then by the time they come off of vacation, it might be too late to sway the vote, even if they have 3 more days thereafter. Now if the vote had already started before they went on vacation, then perhaps that's on them... I'm guessing that in most cases, holding off on starting the vote until someone isn't on vacation wouldn't make a difference in the outcome of the vote, but nonetheless, it just seems like the right thing to me to do (even if the offending party may not have done the right thing), and it wouldn't really delay the ending time of the vote, if the clock on the vote ending time doesn't stop until 3 days after they've returned from vacation. I'll stop there as this post is turning into a wall of text, ha ha. Just my two cents; interested to hear what others think...

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Before anyone asks, I actually voted, 'no'.

Shocking, I know. 

He needs a serious intervention, I think he is still young, and I think there are other things going on.  This is not a "CC" case where it was decades of fraud and in this case, while he is harassing someone, I don't know if this is the proper step for this.   I realize that Dylan will find himself in the HOS.  That is almost a certainty.  However I come forward because even though this might be an anonymous poll (which can be easily revealed and made public anyway), and also because I would never buy from nor sell to Dylan, I cannot help but wonder if this thread or his eventual placement will only serve to make matters worse. 

bdd.jpg

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Great, now we'll have to read threads about how Dylan will destroy Overstreet.

His destruction abilities appear to be severely limited.

13 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

I don't know what the rules are for starting a HoS vote, and I know that some hate adding more rules (which I can understand), but in fairness to any party being voted on for the HoS, I personally think that HoS voting should not begin while the party subject to the vote is on a CGC imposed vacation. While on vacation, they can't really defend themselves (which in general for someone being voted to the HoS might be tough to do), but IF they had a valid defense, then by the time they come off of vacation, it might be too late to sway the vote, even if they have 3 more days thereafter. Now if the vote had already started before they went on vacation, then perhaps that's on them... I'm guessing that in most cases, holding off on starting the vote until someone isn't on vacation wouldn't make a difference in the outcome of the vote, but nonetheless, it just seems like the right thing to me to do (even if the offending party may not have done the right thing), and it wouldn't really delay the ending time of the vote, if the clock on the vote ending time doesn't stop until 3 days after they've returned from vacation. I'll stop there as this post is turning into a wall of text, ha ha. Just my two cents; interested to hear what others think...

I once posted to Dylan that he needed to start conducting himself like an adult if he wanted to be taken seriously.  His response can be boiled down to “that’s not my nature.”

He has no defense for his conduct, be it now or on the 26th.

14 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

Conversely, if they do something to get a HOS nomination, and then go on to do something that gets them a strike, well that's on them IMO.
Lack of restraint can cause tthings to snowball and that's no one's fault but the person.  They shouldnt get mulligans.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Conversely, if they do something to get a HOS nomination, and then go on to do something that gets them a strike, well that's on them IMO.
Lack of restraint can cause tthings to snowball and that's no one's fault but the person.  They shouldnt get mulligans.

I can definitely understand that line of thinking, and I'm not saying it is wrong.

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I was sent a PM that this was not correct.  That it was Snooze Fest, but not sure the message was not a Shill itself.  

(shrug)

So as Comicdonna said it was one of the two. 

I just flat out asked Stu myself.  Yes, Stu is easily found on other comic sites if you go looking.  Stu was Snooze-Fest as I predicted.  So whoooooo was the other guy?

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I just realized who you have a passing resemblance and temperament to.

You are not the first person to say this.  One of my FB friends calls me Whammy.

10 minutes ago, kav said:

His destruction abilities appear to be severely limited.

6 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

B9F1DD45-A559-4773-90F0-D2ADBCD9F621.gif

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I just realized who you have a passing resemblance and temperament to.

1 minute ago, kav said:

download.png

I picture it more like this.. 3221c9173a647cb4b43d8f2c9c0e8479.gif.1571619e5ed3eaaccaba81191085b28e.gif

I tried doing going through the FS areas... meh 

Let's see what's going on in cards !

@kav You should meet some of the card collectors.  I think you will be amused by them. 

Edited by Buzzetta

One serious incident is enough to ban him?  I think it's extreme but I think he deserves the second chance.

Hopefully, he would change his behavior and has respected people's wishes.  eBay hasn't banned him. He hasn't received a single Neg or Neutral for over 6 months.

Yes, what he did to Polonsky was wrong. He must respect anyone who says no.   Let's hear what Dylan will say after his suspension is over.

Edited by JollyComics

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

One serious incident is enough to ban him?  I think it's extreme but I think he deserves the second chance.

Hopefully, he would change his behavior and has respected people's wishes.  eBay hasn't banned him. He hasn't received a single Neg or Neutral for over 6 months.

Yes, what he did to Polonsky was wrong. He must respect anyone who says no.

It was well beyond wrong. 

18 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, what he did to Polonsky was wrong. He must respect anyone who says no.   Let's hear what Dylan will say after his suspension is over.

You only have to convince about 100 people and he gets his "second" chance.