• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

I couldn't even finish reading his first email because it was giving me a headache. Seems impossible to have any kind of a logical discussion with him. He doesn't realize the hole he's digging for himself. How could anyone ever trust this person or do business with him? I'm a firm believer that people can change for the better, but starting to have my doubts with this one.

15 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

There's only one way I see this playing out after Dylan gets back from vacation and I think it'll be the exact same way every abuser uses to try to get out of punishment and worm their way back. He will deflect, make excuses, and try and garner sympathy for what he did "I would've stopped, all he had to do was talk to me on the phone, so really it's Polonskys fault", "I'm a really nice and very proud person and sometimes I just get so upset I forget to think before I act when I think people are disrespecting me", "Everyone was ganging up on me I had to defend my self. They just don't like me, and they want to pick on me". Then it will be half hearted apologies and "I'll be better in the future if you give me one more chance". 

Generally those with a history of abusing don't have much hope of changing those behaviors, and I'd say with the attitudes he's shown to other boardies and other platforms it's clear he has no intention of doing so. Were this an isolated event a second chance would be warranted, but it's not, and if allowed to continue it won't be the last. If there is no genuine punishment for wrong doing will he ever learn these kinds of behaviors are wrong?

I've seen people saying something to the effect of "Well he's young he doesn't know any better" I'm a 20 something myself and I can't let that be used as an excuse to justify his behaviors because it belittles and brings down my entire age group. Even if I had someone to bank roll my own comic business I'd never act the way he does. If you want to be taken for a fool, then by all means let him continue to do what he's doing, but know that you're willingly being played like a 2c fiddle.

Sorry for building that wall of text, it's my final take on the situation I won't do anything but thread carping from here on out. :banana:

The age thing should never have been an excuse. He is 20 or whatever not 4. Kids don't get enough credit for learning to function in society and perform in much more adult ways than people would expect. His performance in the Polonsky thread wouldn't be expected from most children. He was the aggressor and escalated a deal that his lowball badgering completely ruined into a full-on conflict. Who sells to him given these tactics?

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

I couldn't even finish reading his first email because it was giving me a headache. 

It was definitely eloquently written, but I was the same way, it was just a bunch of verbiage and positive impression management, like someone wearing a bow tie and tuxedo to a job interview at McDonald's 

16 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

The age thing should never have been an excuse. He is 20 or whatever not 4. Kids don't get enough credit for learning to function in society and perform in much more adult ways than people would expect.

It's because a lot of these kids are coddled without any accountability, like a 16yr old kid getting in two accidents within a month of getting her driver's license and still being able to drive the family car

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It was definitely eloquently written, but I was the same way, it was just a bunch of verbiage and positive impression management, like someone wearing a bow tie and tuxedo to a job interview at McDonald's 

I want my Macs served by a Butler!  :sumo:

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Indeed.

It is a tale
Told by an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
~Shakespeare (from Macbeth)

1 minute ago, G G ® ™ said:

Indeed.

It is a tale
Told by an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
~Shakespeare (from Macbeth)

lol

Can't believe the Boards software edited Will.  :whatthe:

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

It may be slightly unfair to lump the previous generation into a neat little package...I work with Millennials as well as older Gen Z's and they can be as hard working and unassuming as young adults from Gen X, Boomers, etc...

This is why I use the term mefirstgeneration... :foryou:

5 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

It may be slightly unfair to lump the previous generation into a neat little package...I work with Millennials as well as older Gen Z's and they can be as hard working and unassuming as young adults from Gen X, Boomers, etc...

This generation seems a lot more self serving in my opinion. But I'm not overgeneralizing I'm just saying the interaction I have had with the youngins has been strained