• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

I just finished reading the huge email/manifesto that Dylan sent to me this evening.

He needs professional help.

Edited by Domo Arigato

4 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Since the person he was responding to is me, and I believe this is the second time you've made a post that seems to insinuate something nefarious about me...

Is there something you'd like to come out and accuse me of? Or do you simply feel my time at this forum is insufficient to entitle me to opinions about how the community does, or should, operate? 

Yes. I think you are a shill.

Edit.

I know you are a shill.

Edited by G G ® ™

6 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just finished readying the huge email/manifesto that Dylan sent to me this evening.

Here’s hoping he gets it.

And here’s hoping you also don’t need it after reading his manifesto.  That had to be a brain scrambler of a read.

1 minute ago, G G ® ™ said:

Yes. I think you are a shill.

You are wrong. Although I've been a reader of this forum for quite some time before registering this account, I avow in absolutely no uncertain terms that this is the only registered account I have had, or will have, here. I've been associated with this username in my hobby-related online presence (not just comics) for the better part of two decades. I am absolutely not a shill. Because this claim is potentially harmful to my ability to interact with the community and conduct business here, I'm going to have to insist that you retract it.

@skypinkblu I'd like your input here in your role as coordinator.

1 minute ago, Qalyar said:

You are wrong. Although I've been a reader of this forum for quite some time before registering this account, I avow in absolutely no uncertain terms that this is the only registered account I have had, or will have, here. I've been associated with this username in my hobby-related online presence (not just comics) for the better part of two decades. I am absolutely not a shill. Because this claim is potentially harmful to my ability to interact with the community and conduct business here, I'm going to have to insist that you retract it.

@skypinkblu I'd like your input here in your role as coordinator.

Nope.

Not gonna retract it. No way. Can't believe actually that nobody has called you on it before. You're posting history with (very few posts) suggests someone with a previous knowledge. Your forthright condemnation of people as a 'noob' suggests either  previous history or a divine omniprescence of the boards since conception.

Not gonna change my opinion, so live with it.

27 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just finished readying the huge email/manifesto that Dylan sent to me this evening.

Maybe you should post the highlights.. :baiting:

8 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe you should post the highlights.. :baiting:

If a moderator would like to post it, I would be happy to forward it to one of them.......but I'm not touching that scenario with a 10 foot poll.

However.....I officially nominate THE_BEYONDER as the "Keeper of the Email".

Anybody that would like to see it can PM him. :baiting:

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

If a moderator would like to post it......I would be happy to forward it to one of them.......but I'm not touching that scenario with a 10 foot poll. (tsk)

If it involves me threatening him with a gun, I have a witness, I was on the grassy knoll.   

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

If a moderator would like to post it, I would be happy to forward it to one of them.......but I'm not touching that scenario with a 10 foot poll. (tsk)

PMs blocked 

5F632FDB-788C-447A-B60B-9EA321958481.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

If a moderator would like to post it, I would be happy to forward it to one of them.......but I'm not touching that scenario with a 10 foot poll. :whistle:

^^

(Probably all of us that haven't read it.) :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Nope.

Not gonna retract it. No way. Can't believe actually that nobody has called you on it before. You're posting history with (very few posts) suggests someone with a previous knowledge. Your forthright condemnation of people as a 'noob' suggests either  previous history or a divine omniprescence of the boards since conception.

Of course I have "previous knowledge". I read this board for probably 18 months, off and on, before registering or posting here. I've read an awful lot of this forum's back history. Sometimes old threads get linked, sometimes I just browse the back issues, as it were. And seriously, I've posted in other hobby forums, and been admin a few of them, over the last 20 years. Offline, I worked in several brick and mortar comics and collectibles stores and was operating manager for one for awhile when I was quite a bit younger. I'm not wet behind the ears. I know how comics and message boards work. Nevertheless, again, this is, was, and always will be my sole account.

Look, I don't want to cause drama. I want to talk about comics. I especially want to talk about weird late-Bronze/early-Modern stuff that mostly isn't even the hot spec titles of the week/month/year. I've got some really cool German reprints of a great indie title that should be arriving Monday or Tuesday; I want to talk about those. I want to find people who can help me chase down the similar series I know is out there in Spanish.

If you want to hold bad opinions about me personally, well, I'm sad to hear it. I've done nothing to wrong you that I'm aware of, and would have tried to make amends if I had. You're evidently mostly a GA collector so I doubt we would have ever had cause to do business with each other; my girlfriend would off me in my sleep if I got back into GA material. But that's not the point. Making public insinuations about my identity and public accusations that I am a shill -- and thus, by definition, violating the terms of use here and unsuitable for anyone to do business with -- is not cool, man. You've been here years more than I have, and have over 100 times my post count, so I trust you can see why I don't find this acceptable. Especially since you're refusing to retract or give me any means to demonstrate that I'm NOT what you claim, I'm going to await skypinkblu's response as to what my administrative options are here.

Or, you know, just talk to me. I'm not trying to conceal who I am. Especially if you're willing to go to PMs about identity-related topics, I don't have anything to hide. It doesn't have to be this way.

42 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Nope.

I visited the boards without a username for over a year before I actually signed up. 

One of my friends read the boards every day and has yet to post. 

Two others rarely post if only to buy something.  I don't even think that they have 25 posts and they have been here for years. 

You never know.