• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

It's been brought to my attention that it's customary to provide a notice in Comics General when someone has been nominated for the Hall of Shame list.

Dylanthekid has been officially nominated in this thread where you can read the details and cast your vote.

SPECIAL NOTATION:  It was also brought to my attention that dylanthekid has been temporarily suspended for his most recent actions and won't be able to post again until 3/25.  The poll in the above link was originally set to end at 8pm on 3/26.  However, I was able to edit the poll and extend the end time on it by an additional 2 days.  It will now end at 8pm on 3/28 to give Dylan the customary 3 days to respond to it before the poll ends.  This will allow those that wish to hear from Dylan before casting their vote to do so.

Edited by Domo Arigato

38 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

37 pages of reading to do. This will be fun.

:whatev:

I can save you the bother PooPiece, if you trust me. The 37 pages can be distilled as follows:

1. This moderation rule exists: "Unacceptable behavior - 18 points, no expiration (like the old instant ban)"
  2. Someone has done some things which, according to the sane majority, warrants its use
  3. CGC appear disinclined to use it
  4. The usual crowd arrive to have their say and, in their own way, in a handful of cases, further illustrate the general absence of robust moderation activity and the ingrained leniency evident across the site 
  5. We all inch a little closer to the day when CGC may say "enough is enough, this takes up too much time / costs too much to administer", closes the forum down and concentrates on Facebook and Twitter

If Dylan's actions constitute "unacceptable behaviour", and there are no legal implications for CGC to worry about should they move to ban him, then what can we draw from CGC's failure to act? Is it because they are weak in the face of unreasonable provocation? Or do they allow this kind of thing to continue deliberately, as it strengthens their case for site closure if that is their strategic intention? What other reasons could there be, do you think?

To dispel the conspiracy theories, a short succinct piece of communication from CGC / Moderation would make this all go away. Will it come? What do you think. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I can save you the bother PooPiece, if you trust me. The 37 pages can be distilled as follows:

1. This moderation rule exists: "Unacceptable behavior - 18 points, no expiration (like the old instant ban)"
  2. Someone has done some things which, according to the sane majority, warrants its use
  3. CGC appear disinclined to use it
  4. The usual crowd arrive to have their say and, in their own way, in a handful of cases, further illustrate the general absence of robust moderation activity and the ingrained leniency evident across the site 
  5. We all inch a little closer to the day when CGC may say "enough is enough, this takes up too much time / costs too much to administer", closes the forum down and concentrates on Facebook and Twitter

If Dylan's actions do not constitute "unacceptable behaviour", and there is no legal implications for CGC to worry about should they move to ban him, then what can we draw from CGC's failure to act? Is it because they are weak in the face of unreasonable provocation? Or do they allow this kind of thing to continue deliberately, as it strengthens their case for site closure if that is their strategic intention? What other reasons could there be, do you think?

To dispel the conspiracy theories, a short succinct piece of communication from CGC / Moderation would make this all go away. Will it come? What do you think. 

I'm on Page 11. :baiting:

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

37 pages of reading to do. This will be fun.

:whatev:

I only made it to pay 7 before I realized there where 35 pages last night.

I gave up and just skipped to the end....