• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The other episodes are just fascinating. It's like a SNL spoof of an SNL spoof that has gone horribly wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Gary also produces (produced) another Public Access show called, "The Foxxi and Bambi Show " 

just :facepalm:  It's like every SNL skit come to real life. 

That other video also reminded me of SNL Joe but it was this Joe.

61d3dTX0o9L._AC_SL1032_.jpg.3f6623b8f00cafc83c29065fd06a3a71.jpg

:roflmao:

Thank you for sharing that.. 

58 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Points can only be generated from a locked thread once.  So, use this case for an example.  That thread is locked and the score has been recorded.  It will be unlocked eventually.  Even if it gets locked again, no future points may be awarded.  It is now considered a dead thread. 

If a thread is locked and eventually poofed, a score may be generated between the lock and the poof so long as I can record it in time, which has happened on several occasions. 

I am usually notified through text or PM about the locks.  

IBTL no longer generates a negative.  Ain't nobody got time to go back and calculate that foolishness.   

Mods do not get score unless they are posting as "civilians."  Usually a mod will shut it down as a mod so that is a moot issue.  However, if one finds themselves in the last three and someone else shuts it down then they win some movement on the leaderboard. 

A "Dena lock" is special as we know that when the Den Mother shuts that thread down you all done goofed.     She gets the auto +3 as an honorary thing, and then the next three behind her get +3, +2, +1.

I am racing out again soon...  

Should you post a link to LTPC?

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They just locked the nomination poll..

Can people still vote?

and will it be unlocked when Dylan is back from suspension?

1 minute ago, crassus said:

and will it be unlocked when Dylan is back from suspension?

yes 

hm Locked.

Wonder if someones Daddy got someone on retainer to make a call to CGC.

Would not be surprised. 

Enablers gotta enable.

11 minutes ago, Beige said:

hm Locked.

Wonder if someones Daddy got someone on retainer to make a call to CGC.

Would not be surprised. 

Enablers gotta enable.

It may be possible, but the mod/admin said there was no sense in letting it continue back and forth with the , That's what she said, etc.. for 42 more pages. The poll is still allowing voters, just not comments.  

To quote one of the mods in the last post of another locked thread..

"Nothing productive here... Move on...." :roflmao:

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

It must in some way be liberating once you've finally reached that point where you're unable to become embarrassed. hm

Not referring to Dylan in any way but I knew someone who made it his mission to embarrass people any chance he got-if you mentioned something even minor about him though man would he EXPLODE.  It was obvious to those around him that he was incredibly fragile and insecure but he thought he was top notch.  And he believed others also saw him in that light.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Not referring to Dylan in any way but I knew someone who made it his mission to embarrass people any chance he got-if you mentioned something even minor about him though man would he EXPLODE.  It was obvious to those around him that he was incredibly fragile and insecure but he thought he was top notch.  And he believed others also saw him in that light.

Charlie Sheen? :idea:

I read in a psychology book that people try to make others feel how they feel.  Miserable people try to make others miserable.  Happy people try to make others happy.  The way someone makes you feel about them is the way they make everyone feel about them.

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Mental health can be a very serious issue. 

1 minute ago, kav said:

I read in a psychology book that people try to make others feel how they feel.  Miserable people try to make others miserable.  Happy people try to make others happy.  The way someone makes to feel is the way they make everyone feel.

The inverse can also be true. 

Very sad example.  

Robin Williams.  :cry:

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The inverse can also be true. 

Very sad example.  

Robin Williams.  :cry:

That was an organic issue not psychological-he was physically suffering.

4 hours ago, kav said:

Happy people try to make others happy.

I have to disagree with this part.  Not saying your statement is wrong, just that (as with anything) it's not the case for 100% of circumstances and that we should at least acknowledge it as such.  The various suicides of comedians and entertainers comes to mind.  I know for myself, I always try to make those around me happy but there are times I struggle to find that same happiness within.

Wait, what thread is this?  Oh yeah, dylan...eff that guy.  :whistle:

On topic though, I think there is a valid point about opening votes until both parties have been given the time and ability to voice their side of the story.  In a court, votes are tallied at the end, not after the prosecution speaks and before the defense has had a chance to present its evidence.  This isn't to say that we wait to hear from both parties as there are many instances where one side has no interest in presenting a defense.  But perhaps a 3 day rule should be implemented to allow both sides to present their evidence before fellow boardies cast their votes.