• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

IMG_47040552541587.jpeg.4ed2f2276a81352b07f9f5201681f45b.jpeg

BJJ guy (or girl) would wrap him unconscious in no time.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Yeah. I have seen this kinda stuff all the time. Funny when a few degree white belt kid chokes out full grown adults that won't  tap..   :roflmao:

At least she was a purp. ( although with as many clubs have sprung up the color belt is irrelevant to skill) 

although with as many clubs have sprung up the color belt is irrelevant to skill

Color belt is irrelevant to skill.  I have seen plenty of black belts that cant kick waist high.  We call em McDojo students which sadly is abt 99.9% of all martial arts schools.

Just now, kav said:

Most dojos are karate day care.  They teach karate dancing, completely useless in a fight.

But quite entertaining.  They always remind me of Chris Farley running from imaginary bees. Guess they feel the sting.. :roflmao:

bees.gif.4f7d54f4f7abca4677577f1ef2ef017e.gif

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

But quite entertaining.  They always remind me of Chris Farley running from imaginary bees. Guess they feel the sting.. :roflmao:

bees.gif.4f7d54f4f7abca4677577f1ef2ef017e.gif

No love for the Beverly Hills ninja?

1 minute ago, kav said:

I was asked by one black belt instructor to 'stop striking' my opponents in sparring-that that 'was not the point' of sparring.  I laffed in his face and never returned.

Back when I used to train all the time and hit comps. I had several black belts get ticked and go to judges to cry foul.  At the time I still had my white belt and they said I had to be a ringer as no white belt should be tapping their blue/purple/and black belt students.. :roflmao: eventually this came to a head and one of the instructors jumped in..  well he took a nap.. 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No love for the Beverly Hills ninja?

He gets plenty o' lovin, but when you see a trained fighter square off with a Beverly Hills Ninja well they usually look like the above GIF or they are snoozing..

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Rebooted

I trained at a McDojo and I was already very strong and flexible from ballet-thought I knew what I was doing-met a guy who worked as a bouncer and had around 50 real fights under his belt (and it wasnt a black belt it was just a regular belt to hold up his pants)-many against multiple opponents.  Our first sparring he demolished me.  Fast AF and and deadly.  Trained with him for 3 years-the early days were brutal-got many injuries but I learned.

He gets plenty o' lovin, but when you see a trained fighter square off with a Beverly Hills Ninja well they usually look like the above GIF or they are snoozing..

True

kYVaOC0.gif

27 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Anyway.........back on topic. :facepalm:

For those that are wondering if this type of behavior from Dylan is limited to this forum, the following is available to the public and is linked to his Instagram account.  This was posted by another collector....and from the looks of his Instagram account, he's a pretty serious collector. 

On the left is the conversation the collector had with Dylan regarding a book Dylan had for sale (take note of the business requesting "Friends and Family" payment). (tsk)

On the right is the discussion the collector had with other individuals regarding the failed transaction.

DylanInstagrama.jpg.33583a9442ba1306271904b6c9c296ae.jpg        DylanInstagramd.thumb.jpg.1c7939653fec052731f0a0260eeca594.jpg

DylanInstagramb.jpg.fba06bde1fef5fde5681d02aa64699f0.jpg        DylanInstagrame.jpg.35b028331430daa200bbd68b6c62e56b.jpg

DylanInstagramc.jpg.d8d8508a8ba8d2962dc039eeb5d596fe.jpg

Yeah, see I don't get that. This day and age, one might think he would have gotten his clock cleaned by now. As many people see him at shows and out places.

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Oh. Ok. Well, I voted.

The dude is either a sociopath or a drunk. From what I could glean from the thread, he has done a lot of things that rubbed people the wrong way. But then I saw the forgery thing. And the resto thing. The thing that people need to ask themselves is if you knew a person with a terrible rep BEFORE he was a member here, would he be welcome?

Seems like he has been given a lot of understanding and room. When someone has become exhausting to everyone else, it's time to go.

So, DTK will be able to comment once again tomorrow. Know what happens when someone with his temperament is muted that long and someone gives them their voice back? Oh sure. You'll get his side alright. This whole thing will become a major blowout Part 2. Drama City. Maybe that is something everyone secretly craves. I bet Polonsky doesn't. He handled himself in a sterling fashion. Very professional. Very diplomatic. He had my immediate respect. Just for his sake alone, if I were a mod, I would remove DTK altogether from the site. He has no value at all to anyone the way he is right now. Talk all you like about mental issues and rehab. No one can force anyone to change. Only the person with antisocial issues can do that. When it hurts badly enough and has caved in their lives. When they begin to consistently FAIL. A narcissist doesn't care about me, you or anyone except themselves.

What I don't understand is why he was tolerated after the forgery thing. That's messed up. The forgery is bad enough but then he was tolerated further. I don't get that. If he adds no value to the site other than being held up as an example of someone no one wants to be, why is he still here at all? I mean, a lot of people were talking about morality and all that on the Domo thread which frankly I find a bit fake, you know? He without sin and all that? But if he's so heavy, why is he still a member at all? Is it to continue the drama? That makes everyone else just as ill as he is.

I only entered into a conversation with him once. Something about slavery. He compared something to slavery and I disagreed. He was ok about it. But everyone else in the thread seemed to have an issue with him which I didn't fully understand. I don't get involved in other peoples drama. Just my own. But it was clear no one liked him. I even mentioned to him "People seem to have a problem with you here, huh?" No one elaborated other than someone said "I won't be buying any books from you" referring to DTK. I would have thought that would include selling him any books as well if he was that disliked. I mean, I know $17k is a lot of money, but as a business person, there are definitely real world people I refuse to deal with no matter the money involved.

Man. Tomorrow will be interesting at the very least. I voted to put him on the HOS. Just a token gesture, really. Has no real world consequence. If he is kept around, it will only be as a punching bag. I would have removed him from the site entirely during the forgery thing. That affects the entire hobby. Goes beyond the threat of harassment over a price. Who cares if he didn't like the price for whatever reason. You say he needs to learn and have real world consequence as a touchstone, but it doesn't seem as though that will happen.

Just to clarify........Dylan was NOT involved in the forgery scenario.

That was another board member who admitted to doing that. 

For some reason, it was brought up in the nomination thread and subsequently confused more than one person who thought it was in reference to Dylan when it actually wasn't.