• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I have to disagree with this part.  Not saying your statement is wrong, just that (as with anything) it's not the case for 100% of circumstances and that we should at least acknowledge it as such.  The various suicides of comedians and entertainers comes to mind.  I know for myself, I always try to make those around me happy but there are times I struggle to find that same happiness within.

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

You are spot on.  Miserable people sometimes try to make people happy too and vice versa.  It is a flawed system of assuming happy makes happy and miserable makes miserable.

Depression and miserable are a bit different.  Depressed people do not try to make others depressed but they are largely incapable of spreading happiness because they are focused on them and their depression.  Sure they can do nice things here and there.  An actual miserable person is someone who is insecure, jealous, spiteful, petty, and often cunning.  They actively plot misery for others as well as spread it like fumes.  
A miserable person may do something that makes another person happy-but only to get something from them.  Often it's "Ok now you owe me a favor".

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Depression and miserable are a bit different.  Depressed people do not try to make others depressed but they are largely incapable of spreading happiness because they are focused on them and their depression.  Sure they can do nice things here and there.  An actual miserable person is someone who is insecure, jealous, spiteful, petty, and often cunning.  They actively plot misery for others as well as spread it like fumes.  
A miserable person may do something that makes another person happy-but only to get something from them.  Often it's "Ok now you owe me a favor".

Well what have YOU done for me lately, Eddie?

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

There ya go, thinking you helped with that. lol

Chump!

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

There ya go, thinking you helped with that. lol

you're spreading misery!!!!  :makepoint:

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Now whom is spreading misery? (shrug)

You got me that time.
In my defense you made me miserable so I had no choice-

The thing about Dylan (well, one of the things...many, many things) is that he's definitely old enough to "know better", but he's also young enough to make a change in his life. I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears, but I hope he'll see the mounting wall of complaints, bannings, ostracization, and say "Hey...maybe the way I treat people isn't so great!" It's never too late, and at his age, he is at an advantage. I made some mistakes when I was young, around 20-21. Big, dumb mistakes. Got caught making them. Had to live with consequences. And I'm SO glad I did, because now I'm in my 40's and I know that if I hadn't had that wake up call, I'd be in much worse shape today. It's too late to fix past mistakes, but it's never too late to make the change so you don't keep making those same mistakes.

I'd say the bridges are burned around here, but it would serve him well down the road, and in all of his dealings in life, to finally do some self reflection and figure out why people react to him the way they do, in response to lies, threats, etc. Don't let the door hit you on the way outta here, but take this opportunity to reckon with yourself. One day you'll be happy that you did.

11 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

The thing about Dylan (well, one of the things...many, many things) is that he's definitely old enough to "know better", but he's also young enough to make a change in his life. I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears, but I hope he'll see the mounting wall of complaints, bannings, ostracization, and say "Hey...maybe the way I treat people isn't so great!" It's never too late, and at his age, he is at an advantage. I made some mistakes when I was young, around 20-21. Big, dumb mistakes. Got caught making them. Had to live with consequences. And I'm SO glad I did, because now I'm in my 40's and I know that if I hadn't had that wake up call, I'd be in much worse shape today. It's too late to fix past mistakes, but it's never too late to make the change so you don't keep making those same mistakes.

I'd say the bridges are burned around here, but it would serve him well down the road, and in all of his dealings in life, to finally do some self reflection and figure out why people react to him the way they do, in response to lies, threats, etc. Don't let the door hit you on the way outta here, but take this opportunity to reckon with yourself. One day you'll be happy that you did.

Most people (again not talking specifically about Dylan here) when they hear a wake up call, it gets lost in translation.  Instead what they hear is "go back to sleep".

I've lived with depression my whole life. I think I inherited it

However, I deal with it. The last two months were nice.

Now, now I'm miserable its over.

31 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Dylan has been banned for creating shill accounts. "wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com and one other. (chuckfin)

You mean like permaban?  Because his last exile was supposed to end on the 25th.

Also, does this mean the HoS nomination is effective?  He won't be able to conduct business here, but it should still serve as a warning to others who might consider conducting business with him elsewhere.  Or even for those who might be googling reviews to see his..."professionalism".

Edited by ExNihilo

37 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Also, does this mean the HoS nomination is effective?  He won't be able to conduct business here, but it should still serve as a warning to others who might consider conducting business with him elsewhere.  Or even for those who might be googling reviews to see his..."professionalism".

I believe the nomination would still stand.  As you mentioned, forum members (as well as others) often do a search to see if they should conduct business with particular people or businesses.  The list is a convenient spot where they can also do a quick check and find a link to what happened before making their decisions.

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

I believe the nomination would still stand.  As you mentioned, forum members often do a search of the boards to see if they should conduct business with particular people or businesses.  The list is a convenient spot where they can also do a quick check and find a link to what happened before making their decision.

Seems a mod should just unlock it and allow voting to complete then.  The original intent of locking the post was to allow him to return and voice a defense.  Seeing as how that isn't possible and that the original conversation was posted unedited to minimize bias, boardies should be allowed to complete voting and we can just get on with the 3 day rule.  It's really a formality at this point given that any boardie who has even passing knowledge on it has probably already put him on a personal ban list.