• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

On topic though, I think there is a valid point about opening votes until both parties have been given the time and ability to voice their side of the story.  In a court, votes are tallied at the end, not after the prosecution speaks and before the defense has had a chance to present its evidence.  This isn't to say that we wait to hear from both parties as there are many instances where one side has no interest in presenting a defense.  But perhaps a 3 day rule should be implemented to allow both sides to present their evidence before fellow boardies cast their votes.

I do understand that some people would like to hear from both parties, and in the future maybe there should be more specific rules regarding this.  That's why I decided to reach out to Dylan to see if he had any additional evidence he wished to provide in his defense.

His response was to vomit up a thesaurus as he snapped his fingers and demanded an iced cappuccino. 

That was his choice and I posted everything he sent to me.  Oh well, he'll still have 3 more days after his suspension is over to tick off any remaining jurors that are waiting to cast their vote.

Edited by Domo Arigato

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

On topic though, I think there is a valid point about opening votes until both parties have been given the time and ability to voice their side of the story.  In a court, votes are tallied at the end, not after the prosecution speaks and before the defense has had a chance to present its evidence.  This isn't to say that we wait to hear from both parties as there are many instances where one side has no interest in presenting a defense.  But perhaps a 3 day rule should be implemented to allow both sides to present their evidence before fellow boardies cast their votes.

I said the same thing but only got cat memes in reply. 

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Points can only be generated from a locked thread once.  So, use this case for an example.  That thread is locked and the score has been recorded.  It will be unlocked eventually.  Even if it gets locked again, no future points may be awarded.  It is now considered a dead thread. 

If a thread is locked and eventually poofed, a score may be generated between the lock and the poof so long as I can record it in time, which has happened on several occasions. 

I am usually notified through text or PM about the locks.  

IBTL no longer generates a negative.  Ain't nobody got time to go back and calculate that foolishness.   

Mods do not get score unless they are posting as "civilians."  Usually a mod will shut it down as a mod so that is a moot issue.  However, if one finds themselves in the last three and someone else shuts it down then they win some movement on the leaderboard. 

A "Dena lock" is special as we know that when the Den Mother shuts that thread down you all done goofed.     She gets the auto +3 as an honorary thing, and then the next three behind her get +3, +2, +1.

I am racing out again soon...  

Doing the Lord's work!

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I have to disagree with this part.  Not saying your statement is wrong, just that (as with anything) it's not the case for 100% of circumstances and that we should at least acknowledge it as such.  The various suicides of comedians and entertainers comes to mind.  I know for myself, I always try to make those around me happy but there are times I struggle to find that same happiness within.

Wait, what thread is this?  Oh yeah, dylan...eff that guy.  :whistle:

You are spot on.  Miserable people sometimes try to make people happy too and vice versa.  It is a flawed system of assuming happy makes happy and miserable makes miserable.

And on topic, I think this is a rare case where even after the suspension, we might not get any "defense" from Dylan at all.  HoS will not stop him from trying to purchase from people nor will it stop him from doing business in general.  It might cut into his customer-base some but I cannot fathom how his outlandish acts hasn't already done as much.  With that, I am all for a 3 day rule, possibly a separate post that is linked?  Or will it simply be added to the initial post?

6 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

That was his choice and I posted everything he sent to me.  Oh well, he'll still have 3 more days after his suspension is over to tick off any remaining jurors that are waiting to cast their vote.

:juggle:

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

And on topic, I think this is a rare case where even after the suspension, we might not get any "defense" from Dylan at all.  HoS will not stop him from trying to purchase from people nor will it stop him from doing business in general.  It might cut into his customer-base some but I cannot fathom how his outlandish acts hasn't already done as much.  With that, I am all for a 3 day rule, possibly a separate post that is linked?  Or will it simply be added to the initial post?

I don't expect much "defense". Dylan's strategy tends toward all attack, all the time. If he engages in the discussion at all, I expect it will be to simultaneously attack the process and declare that he has so much business and such good books that no one will stop buying from him because of a stupid list.

Honestly, I can't imagine that Dylan won't eventually end up forum-banned by CGC's moderation team. They've stated that they are following a point-escalation system and that he hasn't hit the hard-ban level yet... which in my mind means they must have one heck of a shallow slope on that escalation system. The primary advantage of electing him to the Hall of Shame is, frankly, to formalize the community's disdain for his ethics and methods.

1 minute ago, Qalyar said:

I don't expect much "defense". Dylan's strategy tends toward all attack, all the time. If he engages in the discussion at all, I expect it will be to simultaneously attack the process and declare that he has so much business and such good books that no one will stop buying from him because of a stupid list.

Honestly, I can't imagine that Dylan won't eventually end up forum-banned by CGC's moderation team. They've stated that they are following a point-escalation system and that he hasn't hit the hard-ban level yet... which in my mind means they must have one heck of a shallow slope on that escalation system. The primary advantage of electing him to the Hall of Shame is, frankly, to formalize the community's disdain for his ethics and methods.

Lucky for me I already have a general disdain for his ethics and methods, does that mean I have my own HoS? :banana:

19 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I'm pretty sure Dylan will respond.  His ego seems too fragile for him to let it slide.  He'll have to posture and assert some of his faux masculinity in an attempt to make himself feel like the bigger man.

I'm stocking up on :popcorn: because I imagine there will be a lot of fireworks.