• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Seems a mod should just unlock it and allow voting to complete then.  The original intent of locking the post was to allow him to return and voice a defense.  Seeing as how that isn't possible and that the original conversation was posted unedited to minimize bias, boardies should be allowed to complete voting and we can just get on with the 3 day rule.  It's really a formality at this point given that any boardie who has even passing knowledge on it has probably already put him on a personal ban list.

I agree with this.  The poll is only scheduled to run for four more days....perhaps just let it run its course. 

However, I would add....as popular as these threads seem to become, some board members do stick to their own particular lanes of interest and only, for instance, visit the Gold Comics section of the boards and aren't always aware of stuff like this.  Also, any new board members that join should have a place to go where they can see who they might not want to deal with.  At the very least, I would like the thread unlocked temporarily so I can update the first post with the information about the member creating shills and being banned from the boards.

6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

As far as unlocking the other thread, you would have to contact dena.  I am not going against her decision to lock the thread.  I believe people can still vote with it locked.  I expect he could be added to the HoS without unlocking the thread.   He won't be allowed to post here any longer.  

@dena

Would it be possible to unlock the dylanthekid nomination thread in the Marketplace Probation section of the boards for one day only....or maybe just a couple of hours?

I would like to update the first post in the thread with the current information regarding the nominated individual.  After that, the thread could be locked permanently and we could just let the poll run its course, since there really is no need for further posts in it.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

@dena

Would it be possible to unlock the dylanthekid nomination thread in the Marketplace Probation section of the boards for one day only....or maybe just a couple of hours?

I would like to update the first post in the thread with the current information regarding the nominated individual.  After that, the thread could be locked permanently and we could just let the poll run its course, since there really is no need for further posts in it.

Thank you.

I'm not real good at finding the Marketplace Probation thing. I'm not sure what DTK did to merit this. I knew he was "controversial", but he always treated me ok. Which doesn't count for much. Just curious is all.

OH I see it.

Edited by Randall Ries

Oh. Ok. Well, I voted.

The dude is either a sociopath or a drunk. From what I could glean from the thread, he has done a lot of things that rubbed people the wrong way. But then I saw the forgery thing. And the resto thing. The thing that people need to ask themselves is if you knew a person with a terrible rep BEFORE he was a member here, would he be welcome?

Seems like he has been given a lot of understanding and room. When someone has become exhausting to everyone else, it's time to go.

So, DTK will be able to comment once again tomorrow. Know what happens when someone with his temperament is muted that long and someone gives them their voice back? Oh sure. You'll get his side alright. This whole thing will become a major blowout Part 2. Drama City. Maybe that is something everyone secretly craves. I bet Polonsky doesn't. He handled himself in a sterling fashion. Very professional. Very diplomatic. He had my immediate respect. Just for his sake alone, if I were a mod, I would remove DTK altogether from the site. He has no value at all to anyone the way he is right now. Talk all you like about mental issues and rehab. No one can force anyone to change. Only the person with antisocial issues can do that. When it hurts badly enough and has caved in their lives. When they begin to consistently FAIL. A narcissist doesn't care about me, you or anyone except themselves.

What I don't understand is why he was tolerated after the forgery thing. That's messed up. The forgery is bad enough but then he was tolerated further. I don't get that. If he adds no value to the site other than being held up as an example of someone no one wants to be, why is he still here at all? I mean, a lot of people were talking about morality and all that on the Domo thread which frankly I find a bit fake, you know? He without sin and all that? But if he's so heavy, why is he still a member at all? Is it to continue the drama? That makes everyone else just as ill as he is.

I only entered into a conversation with him once. Something about slavery. He compared something to slavery and I disagreed. He was ok about it. But everyone else in the thread seemed to have an issue with him which I didn't fully understand. I don't get involved in other peoples drama. Just my own. But it was clear no one liked him. I even mentioned to him "People seem to have a problem with you here, huh?" No one elaborated other than someone said "I won't be buying any books from you" referring to DTK. I would have thought that would include selling him any books as well if he was that disliked. I mean, I know $17k is a lot of money, but as a business person, there are definitely real world people I refuse to deal with no matter the money involved.

Man. Tomorrow will be interesting at the very least. I voted to put him on the HOS. Just a token gesture, really. Has no real world consequence. If he is kept around, it will only be as a punching bag. I would have removed him from the site entirely during the forgery thing. That affects the entire hobby. Goes beyond the threat of harassment over a price. Who cares if he didn't like the price for whatever reason. You say he needs to learn and have real world consequence as a touchstone, but it doesn't seem as though that will happen.

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

Man. Tomorrow will be interesting at the very least.

how many pages will this be by midnight Friday night? 18 is my guess.

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

how many pages will this be by midnight Friday night? 18 is my guess.

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Should start an office pool. Winner gets a nice Bat #1 meme. It's 6 now. 18 is a good guess. I'll go 22.

I will take the under. ( will be locked before then.) :baiting:

4 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

So, DTK will be able to comment once again tomorrow. Know what happens when someone with his temperament is muted that long and someone gives them their voice back? Oh sure. You'll get his side alright. This whole thing will become a major blowout Part 2. Drama City. M.

Dylan will not be able to comment tomorrow.

Just now, Randall Ries said:
4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Dylan will not be able to comment tomorrow.

Oh? Something must have happened, I guess? I thought he could on the 25th.

Um....

20 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Oh. Ok. Well, I voted.

The dude is either a sociopath or a drunk. From what I could glean from the thread, he has done a lot of things that rubbed people the wrong way. But then I saw the forgery thing. And the resto thing. The thing that people need to ask themselves is if you knew a person with a terrible rep BEFORE he was a member here, would he be welcome?

Seems like he has been given a lot of understanding and room. When someone has become exhausting to everyone else, it's time to go.

So, DTK will be able to comment once again tomorrow. Know what happens when someone with his temperament is muted that long and someone gives them their voice back? Oh sure. You'll get his side alright. This whole thing will become a major blowout Part 2. Drama City. Maybe that is something everyone secretly craves. I bet Polonsky doesn't. He handled himself in a sterling fashion. Very professional. Very diplomatic. He had my immediate respect. Just for his sake alone, if I were a mod, I would remove DTK altogether from the site. He has no value at all to anyone the way he is right now. Talk all you like about mental issues and rehab. No one can force anyone to change. Only the person with antisocial issues can do that. When it hurts badly enough and has caved in their lives. When they begin to consistently FAIL. A narcissist doesn't care about me, you or anyone except themselves.

What I don't understand is why he was tolerated after the forgery thing. That's messed up. The forgery is bad enough but then he was tolerated further. I don't get that. If he adds no value to the site other than being held up as an example of someone no one wants to be, why is he still here at all? I mean, a lot of people were talking about morality and all that on the Domo thread which frankly I find a bit fake, you know? He without sin and all that? But if he's so heavy, why is he still a member at all? Is it to continue the drama? That makes everyone else just as ill as he is.

I only entered into a conversation with him once. Something about slavery. He compared something to slavery and I disagreed. He was ok about it. But everyone else in the thread seemed to have an issue with him which I didn't fully understand. I don't get involved in other peoples drama. Just my own. But it was clear no one liked him. I even mentioned to him "People seem to have a problem with you here, huh?" No one elaborated other than someone said "I won't be buying any books from you" referring to DTK. I would have thought that would include selling him any books as well if he was that disliked. I mean, I know $17k is a lot of money, but as a business person, there are definitely real world people I refuse to deal with no matter the money involved.

Man. Tomorrow will be interesting at the very least. I voted to put him on the HOS. Just a token gesture, really. Has no real world consequence. If he is kept around, it will only be as a punching bag. I would have removed him from the site entirely during the forgery thing. That affects the entire hobby. Goes beyond the threat of harassment over a price. Who cares if he didn't like the price for whatever reason. You say he needs to learn and have real world consequence as a touchstone, but it doesn't seem as though that will happen.

He’s been banned 

Permanently I believe.