• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,634 posts in this topic

Yeah my express of TWO cards TWO.. was received on 5/8.. went to grading 5/21.. and is STILL there.. my card was charged on the 6/4.. and customer service said it should ship today or tomorrow... yeah we’ll see

22 minutes ago, Draze said:

Yeah my express of TWO cards TWO.. was received on 5/8.. went to grading 5/21.. and is STILL there.. my card was charged on the 6/4.. and customer service said it should ship today or tomorrow... yeah we’ll see

Makes me wonder if they've done a good job of solving the logistics once the cards are 'received' in the system, but aren't able to handle the outbound process efficiently yet. I know they have trimmed their packaging down, a LOT. Either because of lack of materials or needing to make things move faster (or both?)...could just be that they are bottlenecked really bad at that final step for some reason.

I also think they are getting things into 'grading/quality control' a little faster, which means they are triggering the billing activity. I spoke with a nice lady in accounting about a payment and she had zero visibility into where the card was in the process. It's a standard submission that is already in 'grading' even though it's only been there for about 15 biz days. I expect it'll take a few more weeks to grade and ship, but I've already paid for it. Not all parts of their process are moving at the same pace and it's causing queuing issues that move around.

Update as of June 8th - 55 card Standard submission is Scheduled for Grading!

Current Turnaround Time (As of June 8th 2021):
Bulk: 228 Days
Economy: 120 Days
Standard: 65 Days
Express: 12 Days
Walkthrough: 7 Days

• Submission Type: Standard (96 cards)
  • Delivered (Arrived at CGC): 03/02/2021
  • Received: 03/26/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 04/27/2021
  • Grading/Quality Control: 05/14/2021
  • Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 05/24/2021
  • Shipped (Left CGC): 05/25/2021
  • Total Days Package was at CGC (delivered by USPS at CGC ... TO .... package picked up by UPS): 84 TOTAL DAYS
  • Total CGC Business Days (Monday-Friday) for this Order: 60 BUSINESS DAYS (61 DAYS if there was no Easter Monday Holiday)

------------

• Submission Type: Standard (55 cards)
  • Delivered (Arrived at CGC): 03/29/2021
  • Received: 06/03/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 06/08/2021
  • Grading/Quality Control: Waiting
  • Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: Waiting
  • Shipped (Left CGC): Waiting
    55 CARD STANDARD SUBMISSION:
    Days since Delivered:
    Days since Received: 5
    Days since Scheduled for Grading: 0
    Days since Grading/Quality Control: Has Not Entered This Phase
    Days since Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: Has Not Entered This Phase
    Total Days Package was at CGC (delivered by USPS at CGC ... TO .... package picked up by UPS): Has Not Entered This Phase
    CGC Business Days (Monday-Friday) since Delivered: 50 (52 DAYS if there was no Easter Monday Holiday or Memorial Day Holiday)
Edited by ElmerB
Update as of June 8th - 55 card Standard submission is Scheduled for Grading!

• Submission Type: Standard (4 error + subs, 1 regular + subs)
  • Delivered: 3/22
  • Received: 5/14
  • Scheduled for Grading: Don’t know exact date but I think 5/18
  • Grading/Quality Control: 5/28
  • Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: Errors + subs - 6/7, regular + subs TBA

Been in grading for 2+ weeks. Also have 2 subs waiting to be received. One was delivered on 4/22 and marked as delivered by CGC about 3 weeks ago, another was delivered on 4/29 and hasn’t been marked as delivered yet by CGC. Kinda starting to get worried. 

4B6C5728-C200-46BF-8E1B-9E58223D2948.jpeg

10 hours ago, Draze said:

Mine still hasn't shown finalized wbu charged on same day

21 hours ago, DonLaGreca said:

Express submission received 5/4 has been in grading and quality control for 3 weeks. My card was also charge a week ago and they have yet to be finalized and shipped. Seeing multiple standard and express subs being returned. Rather frustrating. 

Sooo I checked my submission yesterday afternoon and it was finally graded. Log in this morning and the grades are now gone, and it says it is back in the grading and quality control stage. Lol what the hell is going on CGC yall ok over there? 

I'm not surprised that another grading service has suspended grading.

More disappointed. Over last 3 months. Been buying ungraded expressly for, submission.

BGS is returning ungraded cards, as of June 7.

Frankly. With state of the art scanning and software, should be automated.

17 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Makes me wonder if they've done a good job of solving the logistics once the cards are 'received' in the system, but aren't able to handle the outbound process efficiently yet. I know they have trimmed their packaging down, a LOT. Either because of lack of materials or needing to make things move faster (or both?)...could just be that they are bottlenecked really bad at that final step for some reason.

Warehouse seems to be the bottleneck for both inbound and outbound as standard orders seem to still be getting pushed through around 20 something days. Most of the TAT increase seems to be due to receiving from what I'm seeing. I'm beginning to think it might be more of a workspace or material issue like you stated. Labor typically is the easiest thing to control in terms of cost and expanding/reducing from a managerial standpoint. Theoretically they shouldn't have much trouble if they can find people willing to work in that aspect(maybe they can't?). Takes time to train them but I would think it would easier than finding someone with years of card grading experience.

At some point logistics beyond throwing labor at it are an issue. Like, if I need one specific hole dug, hiring 2 people to dig it is basically just as efficient as hiring 100 people to dig it. I think it's systems constraints. Could also be a bottleneck at the sonic welder stations, as those are expensive and probably the last thing they want to buy a bunch of.  Also, touch points around validation, bar code scanning, moving cards from station to station. Prepping for research, fixing people's submissions that were sent in poorly, etc. I would also assume they try to take all legwork out of the equation so that the grader can just grade. Quite possible there's a ton of cards that have been assigned a grade/QCd, but are piling up trying to get through the welding station and then through outbound logistics.

Edited by Ron Churches

8 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

At some point logistics beyond throwing labor at it are an issue. Like, if I need one specific hole dug, hiring 2 people to dig it is basically just as efficient as hiring 100 people to dig it. I think it's systems constraints. Could also be a bottleneck at the sonic welder stations, as those are expensive and probably the last thing they want to buy a bunch of.  Also, touch points around validation, bar code scanning, moving cards from station to station. Prepping for research, fixing people's submissions that were sent in poorly, etc. I would also assume they try to take all legwork out of the equation so that the grader can just grade. Quite possible there's a ton of cards that have been assigned a grade/QCd, but are piling up trying to get through the welding station and then through outbound logistics.

Feel like we're on the same page, as I said workspace. Didn't necessarily mean just physical space limitations but like your analogy of the two people in one hole. At one point I did work in transportation for a few years. Little different in terms of freight, but some things factor across the board. Can't have 15 forklifts if you can't effectively operate them all in the same place. I was saying that I don't believe labor is the limiting factor. The actual grading times seem to be on par with what they were prior to the increase in TAT. Stating that the limitations seem to be on the logistics side more so than the grading.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

Just now, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Feel like we're on the same page, as I said workspace. Didn't necessarily mean just physical space limitations but like your analogy of the two people in one hole. At one point I did work in transportation for a few years. Little different in terms of freight, but some things factor across the board. Can't have 15 forklifts if you can't effectively operate them all in the same place. I was saying that I don't believe labor is the limiting factor. The actual grading times seem to be on par with what they were prior to the increase in TAT. Stating that the limitations seem to be on the logistics side more so than the grading.

Indeed. The boot up time to make use of new space is long, too. I know they expanded, but I heard anecdotally that they are using the new space primarily for card storage. I suspect that's a major reason PSA shut down incoming; they were running out of safe space to store (and insure) millions of dollars worth of cards.

21 hours ago, Draze said:

Here’s my Express- no movement in weeks...

Received: 4/29/21
Items: 2
Declared Value: 800
Service: TCG - EXPRESS

That’s crazy.. current express time is 12 days... meanwhile I’m sitting in just the grading stage for 3 weeks lol. 

38 minutes ago, jd619641 said:

Here’s my Express- no movement in weeks...

Received: 4/29/21
Items: 2
Declared Value: 800
Service: TCG - EXPRESS

12 hours ago, YaBoiMinato said:

Mine still hasn't shown finalized wbu charged on same day

Nope, still in the grading stage. Customer service said yesterday or today.. is noon now lol.. so we’ll see. Though by the looks of it probably not lol. Might as well has sent econo (:

10 cards Economy w subs:
Delivered 2/14
Received 2/17

11 cards Economy 
Delivered 2/14
Received 2/17

75 cards Bulk
Delivered 2/14
Received 2/17

163 cards Bulk
Delivered 3/1
Received 3/23

78 cards Bulk
Delivered 4/2

76 cards Bulk
Delivered 4/19

70 cards Bulk
Delivered 5/1

CSG Submissions

17 Cards Bulk w Subgrades
133 Cards Bulk
Delivered 5/1

62 cards Bulk w Subgrades
138 Cards Bulk
Delivered 6/7

5 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Can we stop filling up this post with pointless chatter? This is for TAT, not story time....

2 of my submissions say they are being shipped, I see the grades but no pictures.

Any help would be appreciated