• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

• Submission Type: Bulk 10 with subgrades 
  • Received: 1/12/21
  • Bulk W/ Subgrades - Scheduled for Grading: 5/12
  • Finalized/Shipped: 6/1
  • Submission Type: Bulk 49 No Subgrades
  • Received: 1/12/21
  • Scheduled for Grading: 5/7
  • Finalized/Shipped: 6/1
  • Then BACK to grading: 6/1

I'm assuming there was a QC error or something that sent the cards back into grading. It was finalized and I saw all of the grades, and then about 10 minutes later it was put back into grading. Has anyone else had this happen before? Hopefully its not too big of an issue and the cards get shipped out soon

Bulk 64 card sub with 4 errors

Received March 30th

Entered into system may 26th

Took roughly 2 months to touch my box

I'll basically get one grading done with a year sub unless  I stack.. which I will not

1 hour ago, jd619641 said:

It depends on when the package is actually delivered to CGC, not received. 

You sure you aren't mixing things up here. Received is when they mark it in their system, aka open your package and log it in. When it is delivered the package is simply at their PO box collecting dust until they open it, like my standard submission that was delivered in March.... lol 

3 hours ago, DonLaGreca said:

Express submission received 5/4 nearing almost 2 months at CGC..... They claimed a 7 business day turnaround and now a 12 day turnaround... Its laughably inaccurate.  

Finally got a hold of customer service. Apparently they hadn't received payment from my previous walkthrough submission. Odd because I got the card back over a month ago and have 3 credit cards on file that all work. Nonetheless they were apparently holding this submission hostage without telling me lol. Seems like everything has been cleared up though and they have stated this will ship out within 48 hours. Very odd turn of events. 

Edited by DonLaGreca

1 hour ago, DonLaGreca said:

Finally got a hold of customer service. Apparently they hadn't received payment from my previous walkthrough submission. Odd because I got the card back over a month ago and have 3 credit cards on file that all work. Nonetheless they were apparently holding this submission hostage without telling me lol. Seems like everything has been cleared up though and they have stated this will ship out within 48 hours. Very odd turn of events. 

Same thing happened to me, and I still have no idea when I’m getting my shipment and no one can tell me.

I hate card grading.

Edited by PokemanDude90

20 hours ago, DonLaGreca said:

You sure you aren't mixing things up here. Received is when they mark it in their system, aka open your package and log it in. When it is delivered the package is simply at their PO box collecting dust until they open it, like my standard submission that was delivered in March.... lol 

No, not mixing things up according to CGC. I can’t find the quote right now (someone help?) but they specifically addressed TAT’s and that they begin when the package is DELIVERED to CGC, not RECEIVED.

4 minutes ago, jd619641 said:

No, not mixing things up according to CGC. I can’t find the quote right now (someone help?) but they specifically addressed TAT’s and that they begin when the package is DELIVERED to CGC, not RECEIVED.

Sorry but no. You are incorrect sir. 

19 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Because he had WK in the box. Must be nice. My standard has been delivered since 4/2 and still not opened. Rage inducing, takes everything in me daily not call CS line and rage like a maniac.

He still shouldn’t have had a standard submission received, graded and shipped back within a month when I’ve been waiting since April 19 for my Express sub.

Just now, jd619641 said:

He still shouldn’t have had a standard submission received, graded and shipped back within a month when I’ve been waiting since April 19 for my Express sub.

Timing is just weird on some of these. I have a Standard that was marked received 3/17 I still have not gotten back yet. I also recently had a Express that went quicker than a Walkthrough that both were marked received same day. My sample size isn't super big but out of about 50 different submissions in the past 6 months I've noticed that in general stuff gets completed in the order I'd expect, but there are definitely some outliers that are much quicker, and others that take much longer.