• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

According to CGC though, it really doesn't matter whether you're sending 1 EX or WK card because the TAT's are based on when the package is delivered, not received. So even if it takes 60 days for them to receive your standard package, it would presumably go into grading immediately after being received. See this article from CGC: Turnaround Times Start When Submissions Are Delivered | CGC (cgccomics.com)

7 hours ago, jd619641 said:

According to CGC though, it really doesn't matter whether you're sending 1 EX or WK card because the TAT's are based on when the package is delivered, not received. So even if it takes 60 days for them to receive your standard package, it would presumably go into grading immediately after being received. See this article from CGC: Turnaround Times Start When Submissions Are Delivered | CGC (cgccomics.com)

I could be completely wrong here but I'm going to hazard a guess.

I imagine when they open a package, it's probably their policy to log all the cards in that package to reduce the chance that anything gets misplaced. So when people send WK/EX the rest of their order is logged as well. It probably goes to the back of the line for that particular tier at that moment. In the case of standard the actual turn around is probably roughly 20 some odd days once your package is opened. Due to it going into the back of the line when your box is opened it essentially cuts down the waiting period for them to open your package at puts you at the back of the existing queue for that moment. In essence your 20+ days starts then.

Problem is that the time spent on them logging those orders with the higher tier is that it's taking the place of another order that's been sitting there for X days unopened and that the orders with a priority tier get moved ahead of everyone else.

If they open 3000 packages a day, and for that given day 300 Ex+ packages with standard roll through they spend a certain percentage of that time logging the orders that came with the Ex instead of the packages that were already sitting in the line. It ends up fast tracking the entire order instead of just that tier. These numbers probably aren't realistic but are just an example.

There are only so many hours in day so it has to have some impact on the existing unopened orders. I may be overestimating the impact but it has to slow the prior orders to some degree. 

I imagine pulling the priority stuff and resealing the box is seen as an unnecessary liability so the only solution would be if they required submissions to be sent separately by tier.

If there wasn't a massive backlog on getting packages opened the difference would most likely be negligible. With the current backlog being months it can end up making a huge difference in the time it takes to get back to you.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

5 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I could be completely wrong here but I'm going to hazard a guess.

I imagine when they open a package, it's probably their policy to log all the cards in that package to reduce the chance that anything gets misplaced. So when people send WK/EX the rest of their order is logged as well. It probably goes to the back of the line for that particular tier at that moment. In the case of standard the actual turn around is probably roughly 20 some odd days once your package is opened. Due to it going into the back of the line when your box is opened it essentially cuts down the waiting period for them to open your package at puts you at the back of the existing queue for that moment. In essence your 20+ days starts then.

Problem is that the time spent on them logging those orders with the higher tier is that it's taking the place of another order that's been sitting there for X days unopened and that the orders with a priority tier get moved ahead of everyone else.

If they open 3000 packages a day, and for that given day 300 Ex+ packages with standard roll through they spend a certain percentage of that time logging the orders that came with the Ex instead of the packages that were already sitting in the line. It ends up fast tracking the entire order instead of just that tier. These numbers probably aren't realistic but are just an example.

There are only so many hours in day so it has to have some impact on the existing unopened orders. I may be overestimating the impact but it has to slow the prior orders to some degree. 

I imagine pulling the priority stuff and resealing the box is seen as an unnecessary liability so the only solution would be if they required submissions to be sent separately by tier.

If there wasn't a massive backlog on getting packages opened the difference would most likely be negligible. With the current backlog being months it can end up making a huge difference in the time it takes to get back to you.

I appreciate what you're saying here, but bulk orders received on 2/2 should not be in quality control while my economy order received on 2/5 is still marked as received. 
Even with subgrades on my economy, and no subgrades on the bulk there is still a ~50 day disparity.
There should be some crediting or refunds given out, as it seems any economy orders placed in the last 3-4 months are just treated as bulk.

I have 3 bulk submissions from January. One from 1/4, one from 1/15 and one from 1/26.

The one from 1/4 has been stuck in grading/quality control for 3 weeks or better now. 

The one from 1/15 is still in scheduled for grading. And somehow the one from 1/26 is already in grading/quality control. If anyone can shed some light on how my submission from 1/26 is ahead of the one from 1/15 please let me know! And also how long does the grading/quality control stage last!

1 minute ago, tomatocan said:

I appreciate what you're saying here, but bulk orders received on 2/2 should not be in quality control while my economy order received on 2/5 is still marked as received. 
Even with subgrades on my economy, and no subgrades on the bulk there is still a ~50 day disparity.
There should be some crediting or refunds given out, as it seems any economy orders placed in the last 3-4 months are just treated as bulk.

Seems like that one random bulk order is just moving a little faster than others right now, as not seeing the same on bulk orders over here. Have 2 1/27 bulk orders and a 1/28 bulk order that are all at Scheduled for Grading, then February 8th which is still only marked as received.

4 minutes ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Seems like that one random bulk order is just moving a little faster than others right now, as not seeing the same on bulk orders over here. Have 2 1/27 bulk orders and a 1/28 bulk order that are all at Scheduled for Grading, then February 8th which is still only marked as received.

There are multiple listed bulk orders (the previous page lists a 1/29) that are ahead or next to economy on TAT atm.
I don't comment much, and wouldn't care if it were just one instance, as that could have been with a WK or EX box. 
From what I can tell reading over the past 30 pages is that there is very little difference in Economy and Bulk TAT for orders received between roughly December 2020 and March 2021.

Bulk/Econ batch received 2/2/21 scheduled for grading 6/3/21 and 6/4/21 respectively.

Bulk Order Placed 3/24/21 just showed up as received 6/4/21.

Standard Order Placed 3/25/21 just showed up as received 6/4/21.

Standard Received 5/13/21 has been in quality control for about a week.

Pretty excited, lots of movement on multiple orders for me over the last week or two. Also, everything above is with sub grades. Hope that info helps someone. :)

EDIT: My standard from 5/13/21 is actually in quality control, not scheduled for grading. 

Edited by SharknadoInsurance
Wrong status.

14 minutes ago, SharknadoInsurance said:

Bulk/Econ batch received 2/2/21 scheduled for grading 6/3/21 and 6/4/21 respectively.

Bulk Order Placed 3/24/21 just showed up as received 6/4/21.

Standard Order Placed 3/25/21 just showed up as received 6/4/21.

Standard Received 5/13/21 has been scheduled for grading for about  a week.

Pretty excited, lots of movement on multiple orders for me over the last week or two. Also, everything above is with sub grades. Hope that info helps someone. :)

@sellerservicescorp

This is a clear example of what I'm referring to. Econ/Bulk is being treated the same, when econ was double the price at the time.

58 minutes ago, tomatocan said:

I'm not following how that really ties into what I was saying.

4 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm not following how that really ties into what I was saying.

The original point is that Bulk and Econ are getting pushed ahead of the line because there is 1 WK or EX in the box.
What I'm saying is there should be no situation in which Bulk is being graded before Econ when received in the same week.

6 hours ago, tomatocan said:

The original point is that Bulk and Econ are getting pushed ahead of the line because there is 1 WK or EX in the box.
What I'm saying is there should be no situation in which Bulk is being graded before Econ when received in the same week.

For at least a month possibly longer Bulk and Econ were only a 2 day difference in listed turnaround time on CGC submissions page, knowing that, there could definitely be situations where a bulk order finishes before a economy order that was submitted around the same time frame.

Mine just shipped today, 6/4/2021. I sent them in on 3/8/2021. That is about 3 months turnaround for "standard" tier grading (cards up to $1,000 value). Of note, it took until 3/24 for them to acknowledge receipt of the cards. Other packages have taken 5 weeks.

So basically just pay economy or standard for your cards throw an express in there, and get your standard and economy cards graded at express . That's some bull mess. A real slap in the face to everyone legitimately paying express prices for all their submissions and for those waiting forever to get there st/eco cards graded. I wanted to give CGC a chance, but no way am I ever grading with them after hearing this.

19 hours ago, Nostalgia89 said:
image.thumb.png.59c08f9c04e29f8a4082ec3c01074ba6.png
Delivered:
4/27 ST delivered = 3/16
All others delivered = 4/30
Sched. for grading:
EX = 5/13
ST 4/27 = 5/20
ST = 5/18
Grading:
EX = 5/13
ST 4/27 = 5/25
ST = 5/26
Charged:
All 3 charged on 6/2

So your standard was delivered 4/30 (received 5/7) and is in Grading/QC now?

Just now, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Looks like it was delivered with that express submission that pushed it through the system faster.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm taking a screenshot of every instance of this. Whoever has to deal with me Monday is going to have one hell of a day, and every day following. I might be the outlier in feeling this way, but 2 months of my order going unopened while seeing others get rammed through has got me close to full on rage mode.

@Yeahiwasder4datYes, my first submission ever is the ST (received 4-27) and hit grading 5/20. My other submission contained 3 tiers in the one mailing received 5/7.

I want to be clear I didn't share my times to fuel complaints; it's for folks that are patiently waiting. We all have expectations and some of us spent the money to justify them, some of us didn't.

Good luck to everyone and remember, Customer Service is your partner in business, not your punching bag :) 

1 hour ago, Dylan Thigpen said:

So basically just pay economy or standard for your cards throw an express in there, and get your standard and economy cards graded at express . That's some bull mess. A real slap in the face to everyone legitimately paying express prices for all their submissions and for those waiting forever to get there st/eco cards graded. I wanted to give CGC a chance, but no way am I ever grading with them after hearing this.

I couldn't agree more.
I have 63 items total so not in a huge panic, but it feels like a slap in the face while they are raking it in, and they are most definitely raking it in.
PSA cut out all low tiers to ensure back logs could be handled unless a customer was willing to pay an absolute premium (which keeps the chaff clogging this whole system away).
BGS has stopped accepting submissions entirely until they can get through their backlog.
CGC? 
"You'll get your mess eventually."