• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jd619641 said:

He still shouldn’t have had a standard submission received, graded and shipped back within a month when I’ve been waiting since April 19 for my Express sub.

I agree, doesn't look like FIFO really applies much here. I'm plagued with regret even sending my last order. I thought they were doing a decent job a few months ago. What a fool I was 😂

• Administrator
12 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

@PaulS. how is this kind of possible? Lol

Boxes marked EX or WK (that actually contain EX or WK cards) are opened in an expedited manner. If a box is marked EX or WK and there are not any EX or WK in the box, they get put in the back of the line, just FYI. 

Paul

43 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

Boxes marked EX or WK (that actually contain EX or WK cards) are opened in an expedited manner. If a box is marked EX or WK and there are not any EX or WK in the box, they get put in the back of the line, just FYI. 

Paul

I think what the gist is here is why isn't the prioritized stuff pulled, the box resealed and put in line behind everyone else's? Why is that order that has nothing to do with Ex or Wk getting pushed ahead of everyone else who's had stuff sitting there unopened for months? 42 business days of standard order unopened, yet seeing this post. What kind of impression do you think that leaves.

What happens when everyone sends in 1 Ex or Wk card to get their order opened faster shoving everyone that didn't farther and farther back in the line.

49 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I think what the gist is here is why isn't the prioritized stuff pulled, the box resealed and put in line behind everyone else's? Why is that order that has nothing to do with Ex or Wk getting pushed ahead of everyone else who's had stuff sitting there unopened for months? 42 business days of standard order unopened, yet seeing this post. What kind of impression do you think that leaves.

What happens when everyone sends in 1 Ex or Wk card to get their order opened faster shoving everyone that didn't farther and farther back in the line.

What happens is you actually get your order opened, which is why I do exactly that.

47 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

If everyone does it it would result in the same amount of time to wait for your box to be opened. The fact that this isn't happening is an indication that this doesn't happen enough to make a huge difference in the wait times related to folks working the system.

7 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

If everyone does it it would result in the same amount of time to wait for your box to be opened. The fact that this isn't happening is an indication that this doesn't happen enough to make a huge difference in the wait times related to folks working the system.

If moving forward large quantities start doing it every one of their subs that gets opened that day shafts one person that was already in line. There must be enough of something going on to take over two calenders months to open boxes.

14 minutes ago, Kingboo64 said:

What happens is you actually get your order opened, which is why I do exactly that.

It's irritating as hell to see someone else's mess get delivered a month later and rammed through when the backlog has gotten this bad. Under normal circumstances it probably wouldn't matter much, but when you're talking months just to get stuff opened it's pretty questionable. Shaving off a few days is one thing, months is a different story.

My 9 economy with subgrades were received 1/13/21.  They are currently in grading/quality control.  Economy Turn Around Time is 120 biz days plus 5 for subs.  This would put it into July or around another month or so from today.  My question is "Am I likely to get the cards back sooner or ?"  With all the changes to turnaround times (it was like 40 days when I sent them) I am confused.  I understand that there has been a huge glut of submissions, but don't understand how if turnaround times went from 40 to 120, that they are not going to be way more than 120 for the current surge of submissions.  

As a side question, will memberships be extended or do we need to re-up even though there is a huge glut that has to be worked through?  thanks! 

UPDATE:

Whelp, switched to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped on 6/3.  Woot!!

Edited by Fisk the Cat

1st Submission - Economy 

Shipped: 03/29/2021
    Delivered: 04/02/2021
    Received: TBD
    Scheduled for Grading: TBD
    Grading / Quality Control: TBD
    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

2nd Submission - Standard 

Shipped: 04/13/2021
    Delivered: 04/15/2021
    Received: TBD
    Scheduled for Grading: TBD
    Grading / Quality Control: TBD
    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

3rd Submission - Express: *COMPLETED*

Shipped: 05/13/2021
    Delivered: 05/17/2021
    Received: 05/20/2021
    Scheduled for Grading: 05/21/21
    Grading / Quality Control: 05/25/21                          CGC Took Payment:  05/26/21
    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 06/03/21

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1
Updating...

3 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

It's irritating as hell to see someone else's mess get delivered a month later and rammed through when the backlog has gotten this bad. Under normal circumstances it probably wouldn't matter much, but when you're talking months just to get stuff opened it's pretty questionable. Shaving off a few days is one thing, months is a different story.

It’s not ideal but personally I’d rather send a card with it and have it opened in a reasonable timeframe and just pay an extra $90 rather than wait 2 months.

2 hours ago, destruct500 said:

My Bulk and Economy that was received 2/2/2021 is now scheduled for grading

Yay!

I wonder when will my cards be schedule for grading, it was received on 2/5/21 and no updates yet still. 

12 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Your last paragraph... that’s literally what everyone is doing.