• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,636 posts in this topic

my bulk received 2/10 (some with sub grades) just updated

both subs went from scheduled for grading to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging during the system glitch last week

today, my submission with subgrades went into Grading / Quality Control where my sub without subgrades is still in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging. was expecting them to be the other way around lol, oh well, glad to see movement!

On 7/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, drewwebs said:

I've seen people with submissions as late as 2/5 getting their bulk/eco returned as of last week, so I'm hoping that means we're next (received 2/12 for me).

Mine also went from Received to Scheduled for Grading, and then Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging about 10 days ago.  So I'm hoping at least the Scheduled for Grading was accurate

Also on 2/12 bulk, some sub some not, grading/encap/imaging for about 10/12 days 

On 7/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, Holku said:

Good luck with this strategy since lots of people are throwing pack-fresh english and japanese (which are supposedly superior print quality) at CGC, and even if you open a box, open a pack with gloves on and sleeve it immediately, CGC isn't giving nearly anything a 10.

Also, I feel like a cards value is it’s raw value, and then multiplied by a certain factor depending on the grade? So even if a common grades as a 10, you’re only multiplying less than a few dollars in that equation. 10 would still be cool to some, but not valuable, so weird to most at the same time 

Edited by JohnBurke

On 7/19/2021 at 12:42 PM, JohnBurke said:

Also, I feel like a cards value is it’s raw value, and then multiplied by a certain factor depending on the grade? So even if a common grades as a 10, you’re only multiplying less than a few dollars in that equation. 10 would still be cool to some, but not valuable, so weird to most at the same time 

Look at it this way. The value of a raw card is determined by people. Usually, the rarity is the justification people use in attaching a value to a certain card. In theory, if CGC grades millions of cards but only passes 1% off as 10's, then at that point any CGC 10 should be considered an EPIC rare card, or hyper rare, or ultra rare, or whatever you want to call it. The raw value goes out the window at that point and it becomes a separate tier of value determination. It is no longer a simple multiplier of raw value. LOL my original post was a joke, but now that I am thinking about more; the future is in commons ya'll. LOL.

Type: Express +Subs

Delivery: 7/6

Scheduled for grading: 7/9

Grading / Quality Control: 7/14

Still not completed. They just reduced the TaT from 7 to 5 yet mine is on business day 12. Anyone else with express subs having the same issue?

On 7/19/2021 at 11:37 PM, Furtnot said:

My standard submission is also on business day #68 when the quoted TaT is 32 I’m really about fed up with this company. I emailed about a month ago and they said something about having it fast tracked but I guess that was just another lie. 

Unfortunately we are all in the same boat. All we can do is wait.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:30 AM, Furtnot said:

Still not completed. They just reduced the TaT from 7 to 5 yet mine is on business day 12. Anyone else with express subs having the same issue?

I believe you have to remember to add 5 business days because it's WITH sub-grades so I'm guessing any day now! 

On 7/19/2021 at 11:30 PM, Furtnot said:

Call them and make sure there aren't issues.  Mine was stuck because of a "payment issue" which they solved by clicking a button.  I would have never known it was held up.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:19 AM, Fischer P said:

2/8 no subs: finalized shipped 7/13

2/8 subgrades: grading/Quality control 7/16 

I wonder if I will be able to see my grades before this weekend. I hope so

2/8 36 cards no subs/: finalized/shipped 7/13

2/8 14 cards with subs: grading/quality control 7/16

i find it funny how they can grade 36 cards in 2 days and get them shipped out but its been 3 working days and im still waiting on 14 cards to be finished from that same date and same order😂😭😭😭 why does cgc do this to me

On 7/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, Fischer P said:

2/8 36 cards no subs/: finalized/shipped 7/13

2/8 14 cards with subs: grading/quality control 7/16

i find it funny how they can grade 36 cards in 2 days and get them shipped out but its been 3 working days and im still waiting on 14 cards to be finished from that same date and same order😂😭😭😭 why does cgc do this to me

Hey man, I'm 2/12 and none of my cards have reached grading/quality control yet.  Thank your lucky stars :bigsmile:

On 7/20/2021 at 9:01 AM, bgreske said:

Call them and make sure there aren't issues.  Mine was stuck because of a "payment issue" which they solved by clicking a button.  I would have never known it was held up.

Same with an express order of mine, even though my card was charged. Customer service/accounting was good about sorting it out but I would have no idea unless I reached out. Ideally CGC would be more proactive about notifying you of things like this though because my order is way past quoted TaT 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:57 AM, iTorqueYou said:

My 75 card bulk with sub grades was received 6/9 and is stuck in the scheduled for grading glitch. Hopefully it gets sorted out so I have some form of accurate time frame once they start working on them. 

You're still a couple of months out from even being able to hope for an update on a 6/9 sub.  I'd go enjoy some fresh summer air in the meantime =)

On 7/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, trekstar11 said:

I believe you have to remember to add 5 business days because it's WITH sub-grades so I'm guessing any day now! 

There is no additional turnaround time for the Express and WalkThrough tiers.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, iTorqueYou said:

My 75 card bulk with sub grades was received 6/9 and is stuck in the scheduled for grading glitch. Hopefully it gets sorted out so I have some form of accurate time frame once they start working on them. 

You probably wont see those until late 2021 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, Benjamin Brown said:

I have bulk rec 2/10. 

Anyone have recent shipped returns from around this time? I feel like I'm in the home stretch its killing me. 

I had an Economy Sub that was received on 2/1 that Shipped out 7/6. So might be pretty close for you

On 7/20/2021 at 1:08 PM, drewwebs said:

You're still a couple of months out from even being able to hope for an update on a 6/9 sub.  I'd go enjoy some fresh summer air in the meantime =)

I figure it's still going to be a while, but I feel like they have started to increase processing speed which is a good sign for us later with recieved dates. We all got the itch to get our cards back though lol

3 card Standard sub received 4/15 still not graded. Sitting around 60+ business days. They said they would fast track this last week due to them not asking customers to write standard on shipping boxes at the time of shipping. Seems like production has slowed down a lot the last couple of weeks.... maybe they have been working on Economy and bulk subs since the TAT for Economy dropped dramatically on Monday. But who knows for sure. It would be nice if CGC would be more transparent with their customers on what's going on behind the scenes without people digging for answers. We still have no update regarding the "glitch" that happened last week either,  let alone a release date for a pops report that been worked on for a year besides "it's being worked on"....

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1