• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction starting to look pretty interesting
3 3

319 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, grapeape said:

Frazetta’s apes getting respect. The 🍇 can appreciate that.

🦍 🦍 + Frazetta = 🏦 

A Johnny Comet Sunday for $57,600.00!

5 minutes ago, malvin said:

Oh! Sorry, I must have misread something, I thought you consigned it.

Sorry about that. 

Malvin 

No worries.  Here’s what I posted about it:

Keown Hulk The End cover.  Full disclosure --> i was the original owner and held onto this piece for approximately 15 years.  The artwork and story for this one-shot were very special to me, and it must have been for many others, too, because the cover has been reprinted numerous times, in various languages.  Alas, nothing is forever, and I needed to sell it to raise funds for something else.  

2 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

No worries.  Here’s what I posted about it:

Keown Hulk The End cover.  Full disclosure --> i was the original owner and held onto this piece for approximately 15 years.  The artwork and story for this one-shot were very special to me, and it must have been for many others, too, because the cover has been reprinted numerous times, in various languages.  Alas, nothing is forever, and I needed to sell it to raise funds for something else.  

ah, ok, I interpreted it wrong.  I just assumed when you said you needed to sell you consigned it.  But now its clear you sold it and someone else along the line consigned it.

Malvin

:news:MIKE ZECK PUNISHER PAGE

I knew the snipers waiting in the weeds. Sat there $3900 for awhile....

LIVE bidding was grueling kept thinking it was going to end sooner....

DRIP DRIP DRIP

HAMMER.  $36,000 w BP

I spoke with the owner who was shopping it briefly before the auction. He was taking offers. I knew what he paid for it. It’s an impressive page and one I wish I could’ve added to the ape cave. Congrats to the new owner.

That mini series stands out from the eighties. 

28 minutes ago, grapeape said:

DRIP DRIP DRIP

HAMMER.  $36,000 w BP

I spoke with the owner who was shopping it briefly before the auction. He was taking offers. I knew what he paid for it. It’s an impressive page and one I wish I could’ve added to the ape cave. Congrats to the new owner.

Ok sure, really good zeck 80s panel pages are now around 40k…why not…

18 minutes ago, vodou said:

7 Instances Where Luke Cage was Forced to Say "Sweet ...

As grape ape gets up in age, it takes him at least a cognac and a nap before typing more then 1 sentence.

So it’s refreshing to bang out a few paragraphs and have Vodou edit those words down to Blah Blah Blah. I don’t know if that’s what I wrote but it’s what I heard the voice in my head tell me to write.

Vodou?

Are you the voice...... in my head 🦍? 😱 

22 minutes ago, RBerman said:

Six hours ago I thought a Don Rosa page might be nice. But I guess others felt the same, since they went for $3k-$4k apiece for most of them. Then the last one for $11k, perhaps to someone who wasn't going home emptyhanded?

Another example of an artist who was in reach for quite awhile. Now? The worlds gone mad 😱 

50 minutes ago, grapeape said:

DRIP DRIP DRIP

HAMMER.  $36,000 w BP

Just a quick correction - it sold for 33.6k with juice. Not 36k. (thumbsu