• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction starting to look pretty interesting
3 3

319 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, grapeape said:

As grape ape gets up in age, it takes him at least a cognac and a nap before typing more then 1 sentence.

So it’s refreshing to bang out a few paragraphs and have Vodou edit those words down to Blah Blah Blah. I don’t know if that’s what I wrote but it’s what I heard the voice in my head tell me to write.

Vodou?

Are you the voice...... in my head 🦍? 😱 

Consider me your unpaid editor - we keep our headlines 'clean' here; just the facts ;) 

5 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Yeah, I would be curious where the softer market is too.

McFarlane Spidey page with MJ getting slapped. Impulse buy that I didn’t love when I received it. Had a higher private offer I should have taken.

Liefeld X-men cover. 

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

1st round artwork seemed really strong to me :whatthe:

The two Peanuts 1950s dailies went for surprisingly low.  I think I was the underbidder on both, and would definitely have pushed the Schroeder-Lucy piece up more if I had still been awake when the lot came up.

Has the bloom come off the Peanuts rose?  Granted, these "weak" prices would have seemed really strong a few years ago, which is a sign of just how inflated the market has become.

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

The Ditko panel page at $144k  :whatthe: nice but it was from a later issue, great for the seller

But lots of action in almost every panel, plus a well known image.

48 minutes ago, vodou said:

No, 840 inclusive.

Yeah, I got that one wrong.

Shocking price. We are not talking house money.... but a pretty nice house money.

Honestly, seems like a good to time to sell some pieces. :flipbait:

5 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

McFarlane Spidey page with MJ getting slapped. Impulse buy that I didn’t love when I received it. Had a higher private offer I should have taken.

Liefeld X-men cover. 

I would never own that page, the content is too extreme and hits too close to home. Someone I know was the victim of domestic abuse. I am amazed it went for that price.

3 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I would never own that page, the content is too extreme and hits too close to home. Someone I know was the victim of domestic abuse. I am amazed it went for that price.

Understand. That’s why I decided not to keep it.

10 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I thought it was an exceptionally strong price considering the OA is mounted onto poster board!

I doubt that’s a consideration for many.