• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

2,906 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, szav said:

In hindsight  we needed more pre-game  discussion on which books would hit 200k not 100k.

My predictions of the auction total  are way off, still I should of known having experiences with the SF and Church collections, even with not internet or E-Bay or auction houses the books always commanded a incredible premium which seems like pennies now. Maybe with a lot of record prices set, we will have some good buys on Sat...

10 minutes ago, szav said:

In hindsight  we needed more pre-game  discussion on which books would hit 200k not 100k.

5 years from now that discussion will be involving the million dollar books .... take a minute and research the evolution of the coin market after slabbing was introduced. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

43 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

My predictions of the auction total  are way off, still I should of known having experiences with the SF and Church collections, even with not internet or E-Bay or auction houses the books always commanded a incredible premium which seems like pennies now. Maybe with a lot of record prices set, we will have some good buys on Sat...

:wishluck:

Looking at this 9.6 all these days made me really appreciate this cover but also this villain.  What will this uber result for Tec140 9.6 mean for mid-grade valuations, especially since so few of these books exchange hands?   And this question probably goes for all the low-census issues with uber results the last couple of days.  

Edited by Pantodude

1 minute ago, walclark said:

I’m so out that HA has asked that I not even watch because they would prefer to keep the riff raff out.  We stink up the joint.

... sounds like time for you and I to head out to the Pub. 

Seriously, all of us have MAD tracking in this auction.  I haven't crunched the numbers, but I would be very surprised if the median lot won't be more  than10K. This is not my kind of Auction except for the speculation element. It's amazing how much money is actually out here. I remember when I used to know many of the Bidders .... I doubt that is the case today ... this is only my gut, but I'd wager that there's "new" money in the hobby. GOD BLESS...

55 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:
3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Ghost Rider was never "hot" at all during the Bronze Age or anytime through the end of the 80s that I can recall.  

You're making the same error that most of us make at one time or another in regards to market analysis, trying to use our own feelings and that of our small circle of acquaintances to characterize an entire market.

He was replying to the statement that Ghost Rider was popular in the BA. He wasn't. He was a total dud.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

He was replying to the statement that Ghost Rider was popular in the BA. He wasn't. He was a total dud.

...I had more than one friend in the BA that considered MS 5 to be one of their prized books. It was already a Key then, just not with FF1 at he time. If it was a dud, Marvel wouldn't have re-visited the character ... successfuly. so many times. GOD BLESS...

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

...I had more than one friend in the BA that considered MS 5 to be one of their prized books. It was already a Key then, just not with FF1 at he time. If it was a dud, Marvel wouldn't have re-visited the character ... successfuly. so many times.

Like the Surfer he couldn't keep a title going.

I enjoyed him in The Champions - that was my first intro to him, actually.

I will agree that in the 90's he grew to have monster appeal but that was likely just as much a phenomenon of 90's counter culture as it was of the character himself.

Wolverine, GR, Punisher all saw a strong resurgence then.

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

I'm willing to take a friendly wager or two that no more than 2 new MS5 will show up in 9.8 in the next 24 months. Any takers?:devil:

Oh come on now.........you know this is not a fair bet and a guaranteed winner for you considering CGC's dead stop turnaround times. :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  lol