• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

2,906 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

:gossip: I don’t know of a single modern business that doesn’t track those statistics and if that is all they are tracking that you mentioned, they are WAY behind the curve. 

lol It's like listening to my mom marvel about the "new" features of her smartphone.  I have to keep gesturing to my daughter to stop rolling her eyes. 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:39 PM, Pantodude said:

As expected, current Heritage auction leaders are Tec27 5.0 at $690K and AC1 Conserved 5.5 at $408K, but also Tec140 9.6 at $168K (this bid hasn't changed much in days).  Interesting developments after those top three!   A resurgent MS5 9.8 is next now at $138K, and then PL17 9.6 at $102K rounds out the top 5 in the auctions ending in the next 2-3 days.  [There is an XM1 SS 9.0 already at $132K, but that's in a later auction concluding in 11 days.]  

Next are books that ultimately could (should?) join them in the $100K+ club:   AA61 9.6 at $90K, Mask1 8.5 at $79K, FF48 9.8 at $75K, Tec114 9.8 at $75K, and AF15 6.0 at $66K.  

For tomorrow's Heritage auction, Tec27 5.0 now at $810K, AC1 Conserved 5.5 at $492K, MS5 9.8 at $150K, FF48 9.8 at $87K, surging necomer to the top five Silver Surfer #4 9.8 at 72K (!), and AF15 6.0 at $66K.

For Friday's Promise auction, Tec140 9.6 leads at $183,465,  followed by PL17 9.6 at $102K, AA61 9.6 at $94.2K, Mask1 8.5 at $79K, and Tec114 9.8 at $75K.

There is an XM1 SS 9.0 already at $144K with 10 days left.  

:ohnoez:

Edited by Pantodude

5 hours ago, Pantodude said:

For Friday's Promise auction, Tec140 9.6 leads at $183,465,  followed by PL17 9.6 at $102K, AA61 9.6 at $94.2K, Mask1 8.5 at $79K, and Tec114 9.8 at $75K.

Didn't I see somebody here post a running total for this first batch of 274 Promise Collection books, which I can't seem to find anymore.  (shrug)

Looks like I am just going to have to go with Mitch's total since he seems to be right on top of what's happening with this Promise Collection here:  :devil:

On 6/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mmehdy said:

I looked over each of the 274 Promise books last night online and blow up,  and my prior  700K auction estimate is quite low. My new estimate is 1.24 M for the auction lot of books...

Edited by lou_fine

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Didn't I see somebody here post a running total for this first batch of 274 Promise Collection books, which I can't seem to find anymore.  (shrug)

Looks like I am just going to have to go with Mitch's total since he seems to be right on top of what's happening with this Promise Collection here:  :devil:

Last night Scrooge added it up - $2,335,206 which includes BP cause that's real money

On 6/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mmehdy said:

I looked over each of the 274 Promise books last night online and blow up,  and my prior  700K auction estimate is quite low. My new estimate is 1.24 M for the auction lot of books...

On 6/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, sfcityduck said:

Still too low.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, Mmehdy said:

Really..Wow...how far off?

On 6/4/2021 at 5:02 PM, sfcityduck said:

I would not be shocked to see an average over $10K each (some much higher, some lower).  I think the avg. price per book will exceed the BW despite the absence of the mega-keys.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, sfcityduck said:

Total collection is north of $25M I bet ($5K avg. per issue price).  But, average price will decline from the $10K+ I expect for this auction as this is a cherry picked lot based on CGC census status.  

To reiterate my prediction:  $2.74M+ (not shocked if over $3M) for this initial lot.  This will top out the average price per issue for the Billy Wright books, despite the absence of any real mega-keys.  

BUT, let's put that into perspective by asking the question no one is asking yet:  Would you rather have the 8.5 Action 1 or all these Promise books in this first lot?

Edited by sfcityduck

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I would go Action 1, less room.

If I had to own only one comic, money no object, Action 1 would be it.

BUT, I get sort of bored looking at the same thing.  So for the money, I'd take hundreds of Promise books over just one Action 1, especially when many are 9.8 top of census and the Action 1 8.5 is maybe the fourth best.

37 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

To reiterate my prediction:  $2.74M+ (not shocked if over $3M) for this initial lot.  This will top out the average price per issue for the Billy Wright books, despite the absence of any real mega-keys.  

BUT, let's put that into perspective by asking the question no one is asking yet:  Would you rather have the 8.5 Action 1 or all these Promise books in this first lot?

Value not with standing, the Promise lot here by a landslide. So many Awsome, pretty books vs one (other than it’s historical relevance) that I’ve seen so many times. 

Holy Ghosts!  MS5 in 9.8 just went for $264K!  :ohnoez:   I think i was the ONLY one who predicted it.  (thumbsu  A long time ago in the MS5 Affiliation thread, on May 16!, I more specifically predicted it should go for multiples of whatever a GSMX1 in 9.8 fetches, and I was right there too!   GSXM1 in 9.8 went for "only" $72K today just minutes before.  

Edited by Pantodude

2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Looks like you are right, I would also take the Promise 1st collection over the 8.5 Action 1

1 minute ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Clearly a manufacturing "crack" intentionally designed to enhance the artwork.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

5 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Last night Scrooge added it up - $2,335,206 which includes BP cause that's real money

Post Session # 1, the batch is now up to (I had missed 2 books that are now in the count) - $2,439,575 (before BP). I'll let you do the math to add the BP :baiting:

1 minute ago, Scrooge said:

Post Session # 1, the batch is now up to (I had missed 2 books that are now in the count) - $2,439,575 (before BP). I'll let you do the math to add the BP :baiting:

Alright, to match the prediction of ScifiDuck, with BP @ 20%, it's at $2,927,490.