• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Color lift?   Wtf?

Yeah...dont like the sound of that.

I thought the propose of stabbing books was to freeze them in their current state.

Cracking slabs isn't hard at all so I'm not sure how one would get damaged when handled by a pro.

18 hours ago, Angel of Death said:
18 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

While I do empathize with anyone having to deal with what he has to deal with here on a daily basis, that was not an appropriate way for a customer service rep to respond.

Under this particular circumstance, where many people said they'll "ask for an extension", agree to disagree.

I worked customer service when I was in college and a few years after. I know first hand about the frustration that comes with the job. After a while it becomes difficult not to respond that way. I did it once and had the guy threaten to come down to my place of employment and "phil's parking lot" me. I was wrong 100% not him and I should have known better than to respond in the way that I did. Customer service 101. You do that enough times and you get fired.

Edited by Jeffro.

1 minute ago, lostboys said:

I thought the propose of stabbing books was to freeze them in their current state.

Cracking slabs isn't hard at all so I'm not sure how one would get damaged when handled by a pro.

The purpose of slabbing books....

excited making money GIF by HULU

19 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I worked customer service when I was in college and a few years after. I know first hand about the frustration that comes with the job. After a while it becomes difficult not to respond that way. I did it once and had the guy threaten to come down to my place of employment and "phil's parking lot" me. I was wrong 100% not him and I should have known better than to respond in the way that I did. Customer service 101. You do that enough times and you get fired.

is this when Jerkfro first appeared?

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Hurry up and put him on the encapsulating machine!

Kind of a harsh thing to do to him on the first day on the job. Do they make a case that large?

#stopthehazing

Edited by GACollectibles

10 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Kind of a harsh thing to do to him on the first day on the job. Do they make a case that large?

I would be happy if he learns the process from the beginning. How about opening some boxes and entering the books into the system. :idea:

22 hours ago, lostboys said:

You do you realize that 99% of the hobby color lifts books 24/7 right?

Every time you remove a ASM 300 from a bag and board back cover lift happens if you aren't careful.

What you think those black scuffing marks on the white back boards are? 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

8 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

You do you realize that 99% of the hobby color lifts books 24/7 right?

Every time you remove a ASM 300 from a bag and board back cover lift happens if you aren't careful.

What you think those black scuffing marks on the white back boards are? 

I bought books flea markets where you can make out the back cover completely on the board but I always figured that was from storing them in a basement or whatever.

I only have around a thousand raw books and I change the bags/boards every 2 years or so...so no, I've not seen that with my books.