• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Soo... I am making an appearance on a podcast later on about a few comic booky things...   Every time I'm invited I throw in a CGC boards reference. 

So far I've snuck in a mention of bomics, 400 sq foot fire pits, Kav... 

So tonight, do I give a shout out to Greggy, reference Caltopia, or try to fit in the phrase, "The wheels are in motion" ?

You are doing the Lord's work. 

For the last couple months I have seen a lot of people complaining of damaged books, grading issues in the 9.4-9.8 range and slow turnaround time. If this board is a good place to look for customer feedback then these price increases make sense. There is even another thread joking about a new executive hire at CGC and the timing being comical, to me it seems expected that they would bring someone in to aid with the paradigm shift occurring in the hobby.. This just seemed like CGC listening to everyone in that we care a lot about our collections and when we entrust them to a 3rd party for judgment we want them to take care. If the hobby is growing they definitely need to grow with it. More graders, more oversight and better training <<<Hopefully that all comes with the price increases.

27 minutes ago, Number 6 said:
35 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Soo... I am making an appearance on a podcast later on about a few comic booky things...   Every time I'm invited I throw in a CGC boards reference. 

So far I've snuck in a mention of bomics, 400 sq foot fire pits, Kav... 

So tonight, do I give a shout out to Greggy, reference Caltopia, or try to fit in the phrase, "The wheels are in motion" ?

Expand  

How about something current?

The phrase “....which we did not have to do.”

I’m honored he’s asking us, which he did not have to do. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I’m honored he’s asking us, which he did not have to do. 

Okay new game.

Who can get them to make their custom title, "which we did not have to do" ?

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

I decided to play nice...this might have shut down this thread... 

Retract Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I knew you would not let this go....:roflmao:

I just submitted a question in the ask CGC forum that if I play nice will they promise not to shut it down.. Well here was the reply. 

20210429_202426.jpg.5bc464a2a6ae2d0b97b63e4841fb4ba0.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Identity hidden for protection

17 minutes ago, djzombi said:

@onlyweaknesskryptonitewhen those "Coral" memes first came out, they had me laughing so hard my face hurt and my shirt was wet with tears lol 

Now it is the CGC boards that have the same effect.  

Which they didn't have to do.. 

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

You didn't have to say that

200-6.gif.24452bbbc524bc0aaed43fe7afbc1acb.gif

I will say that I do not really have a filter. 

glad they let me edit some of my posts or else I probably would have had a few vacations in the Sin Bin. 

I really do love this place and it has one of the most amazing collection of knowledge members.  The community here is just awesome.  That said I also get so many laughs and shocked moments, heck the whole gambit of emotions.  

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

200-6.gif.24452bbbc524bc0aaed43fe7afbc1acb.gif

I will say that I do not really have a filter. 

glad they let me edit some of my posts or else I probably would have had a few vacations in the Sin Bin. 

I really do love this place and it has one of the most amazing collection of knowledge members.  The community here is just awesome.  That said I also get so many laughs and shocked moments, heck the whole gambit of emotions.  

lois lane snl GIF by Saturday Night Live