• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Has there been any discussion about the fact that CGC is removing the cap from the high-value walk through tier? For example, after April 28 an Action 1 in around 6.0 worth more than a million will cost more than $30,000 to have graded.

And their quality control is so bad, they'd damage it as well.

2 hours ago, blazingbob said:

As with much of the clear concise CGC press releases I think this one flew under the radar.

No mention of the $5K cap disappearing.  No old fee structure table to compare the new one with.

I don't remember who, but someone did mention it after the first day or two after the announcement. I've tried to keep an eye out for any discussion on it (here on the boards)and haven't seen anything until now.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, 1Cool said:

April or May 28th?  There are a ton of invoices being printed out by 4/28 and an avalanche of books heading to Florida by May 28th.

Correct and then after 5/28 it should be less because everyone spent their $ to get their books in, unlike me that every month I submit 100-150 books.  So its business as usual.

If you have books at CGC 12 months a year you will be getting books back 12 months a years. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Wonder if the other guys have their act together and are actively courting and sweetening the pot for dealers now. CGC lowering the dealer discount/increasing the price coupled with Removing the Walk Thru cap doesn't seem like a smart business move. CGC is the standard and I understand it wanting to get in on this recent frenzy, but dang seems like a lot at once.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Well, if you want to get the 15% discount for a year,  today is the last day to join or upgrade to the Elite membership under the current membership features
OR
Join or upgrade to Premium membership for the 10% discount today.
If you wait to join/upgrade tomorrow onward, you only get 10% discount for Elite.  No discount  for the other membership types.  :cry:

2 hours ago, BS Damutantman said:

Dang, I was on the fence about upgrading to Elite tonight for the perks, but it looks like CGC has already rolled out the changes several hours early...

If the orders needed to be in by end of business on 4/27 instead of just before 4/28 (i.e., 11:59 on 4/27), I wish that had been more obvious.

Agree. It wasn't stated and I definitely also did not assume end of business for an automated 24hr a day typically online submission system. It said forms completed before 4/28.

For those that didn't see their response to the questions asked in the ask CGC forums about extending their time due to servers and website being down. This was the reply.

20210428_001358.jpg.1c36225b0db0cbe0d959a8e8d0f8f49c.jpg