• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,174 posts in this topic

What's silly?

Way back when, 9.8's were around $250, I bought a 9.6 double cover of that issue moon knight1 lol

So now I dont even know how to price it... is it worth what 9.8's go for? I mean lol

I bought the one that cost more that is now worth less doh!

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
46 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@WolverinexMoon Knight 1. 

MK1.JPG

Expand  

For 1k. That's stupid

3406286_Full_Obv.jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, lou_fine said:

Except the main problem here is that you generally have the wrong set of eyeballs on eBay, as it's generally not the ones with the big wallets that's willing to open them nice and wide for you.  :gossip:

Fortunately, just in the past month almost 2000 comics have sold on ebay for over $2,500....and almost 650 over $5,000. Lots of big wallets on ebay.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's silly?

Way back when, 9.8's were around $250, I bought a 9.6 double cover of that issue moon knight1 lol

So now I dont even know how to price it... is it worth what 9.8's go for? I mean lol

3406286_Full_Obv.jpg

I guess it’s silly if you see Moon Knight  #1 for what it truly is: something like his 20th appearance, right?

Edited by jjonahjameson11

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's silly?

3406286_Full_Obv.jpg

I would price that at or above 9.8 prices IMO.  Double covers are very rare and collectors seem to be finally realizing it now.  I bet you could get it pressed to a 9.8 easily, since CGC takes the best grade from either cover.  Nice book!  If you got that pressed to a 9.8, also taking into account that Moon Knight is still far away from Disney Plus (sometime in 2022) - that book will keep going up in value due to the fact that most of us will never be able to pay the nosebleed prices for his 1st appearance.

On 7/18/2021 at 4:30 AM, HotKey said:

20% drop since April. 

Screenshot_20210717-140720_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210717-140619_Instagram.jpg

It's a supply /demand issue

Book hit $3500 - hundreds of copies appeared over the next 4 weeks.

All buyers have bought - prices dropped.

Sellers will withdraw their books creating a shortfall - then prices go back up

10,000 UF#4 on census in various grades - Miles will be huge, and this is probably the wrong book to base a 'fall' on tbh.

Book has a long way to go - maybe in a year, maybe in 5, but it will go up quite some way.

It's the mid-grade minor keys that will get hammered - like that DD#3 floating around in this thread

@ADAMANTIUM Hey, I think the Moon Knight 1 thing is nuts too; but its also fair to say that $1,000 for MK1 is reasonably obtainable for most working folk, while $10k+ for WWBN is out of the question for a lot of people. Still, double covers are cool, and that should clear greater than 9.8 normal money, IMHO. Of course, there is always the perspective that "a fool and their money are quickly parted." If you're looking to fleece the person who was born during that legendary minute, you could always drop it on FeeBay for $10k+ the week the Disney+ show drops, and see if you can land that whale.:flipbait:

1 minute ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM Hey, I think the Moon Knight 1 thing is nuts too; but its also fair to say that $1,000 for MK1 is reasonably obtainable for most working folk, while $10k+ for WWBN is out of the question for a lot of people. Still, double covers are cool, and that should clear greater than 9.8 normal money, IMHO. Of course, there is always the perspective that "a fool and their money are quickly parted." If you're looking to fleece the person who was born during that legendary minute, you could always drop it on FeeBay for $10k+ the week the Disney+ show drops, and see if you can land that whale.:flipbait:

Lol naw, I'm not that brash. Still nice to here the confidence, cause I needed to hear it :)

4 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUMIts a killer out there right now man. My LCS is in a bind; they do a lot of volume, but the local area is working class & they have a hard time moving books priced over $300. Keys & grails look nice on the wall, but if nobody can afford to buy them, its just decor, and decor doesn't pay the bills.

They could just sell the big ones on ebay? 

11 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUMIts a killer out there right now man. My LCS is in a bind; they do a lot of volume, but the local area is working class & they have a hard time moving books priced over $300. Keys & grails look nice on the wall, but if nobody can afford to buy them, its just decor, and decor doesn't pay the bills.

Climbing prices has got your LCS in a bind? 

How have they survived without an on-line selling platform to this point????

22 hours ago, BabaLament said:

Convention pricing at Comicpalooza, but *wow*. I’m mostly a Marvel guy, so I didn’t look at a whole lot of DC books, but some drew my eye. $7,500 for Hulk 181 at 3.5, $1,100 for ASM 1 Golden Records Reprint, $30k for Hulk 1 (don’t remember the grade), She-Hulk 1 at $700 raw, ASM 300 in the 5-8k range (CGC 9’s), Eternals 1 for $100, Batman: Harley Quinn for $1,000, ASM 361 for $700-2,000. 

I’m pretty much convinced that I’m priced out of the hobby at this rate. I can continue collecting new books, but I think I’m hosed on keys & back issues for the foreseeable future.

And the next time you see them at a show, they will most likely have the same copies on their wall.  

25 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Climbing prices has got your LCS in a bind? 

How have they survived without an on-line selling platform to this point????

They're doing the best they can; but they're not full time, and while they're working on becoming more tech savvy, they're not quite ready to do online sales. I can't fault them; I didn't have the time, knowledge, or staff (that I trusted to run the account(s)) to do online sales when I tried my hand at running a shop. 

8 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah… considering I saw a 7.0 hulk 181 go for 2k less than this 3.5 price on HA this past week….I’d say so. And this is why I never buy wall books at cons…

Was the 3.5 SSd?

Or what were the final sales?

3.5 for $3,000?

And 7.0 for $1,000?

I can't make the math make sense lol

On 7/19/2021 at 5:14 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was the 3.5 SSd?

Or what were the final sales?

3.5 for $3,000?

And 7.0 for $1,000?

I can't make the math make sense lol

Was responding to the 3.5 reportedly at a con for 7500, while a 7.0 sold last week on HA sold for 5760: https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-pages/a/122128-13555.s

On 7/19/2021 at 8:16 AM, wiparker824 said:

Was responding to the 3.5 reportedly at a con for 7500, while a 7.0 sold last week on HA sold for 5760: https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-pages/a/122128-13555.s

ah my bad, I had just woke up :shy: thanks!

On 4/26/2021 at 11:25 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

For books that I'm watching, ASM 238 has slowed and actually dropped quite a bit from its peak 4-5 weeks ago. 

The other books that I'm tracking are still in high demand at ever-increasing prices:

ASM 121, 129, 194, 195, 210, 252, 298, 299, 300, 326, 365, Ann 16

Hulk 340

Thor 337

ASM 326 ?

have I missed something here or do you mean 316 ?