• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,223 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2021 at 12:57 AM, thunsicker said:

Just because data, or pictures, or articles are available for free on line doesn’t give one the right to repackage and sell them.

Actually, you do have the right to include publicly available data in a product you sell. One example: Newspapers.

to quote the brilliant title of this thread, in spite of some continued hot prices, i would say overall "they have ease up a bit."

btw was this thread written by the same nigerian email scammers that write me each week? grammar!

Edited by alexgross.com

9 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Man, Daredevil 1 is going super high now, was there an announcement I missed?

This is not an official Marvel announcement, but the rumors churned out by sites like this do have an affect: https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-daredevil-in-she-hulk/

FWIW I grabbed a 1.5 off CL this week for $2,288 and there were 2 - 2.5’s in the same auction that went for a few hundred more. Although all of these are higher than what they once were if you’re comparing to 2020 prices but they all went under the 90 day GPA. 90 day GPA for 2.5 is $3,011, and 1.5 is $2,400. Worth noting however the auctions on CL closed on 7/7 and this news is breaking on more sites after that. Although the news has nothing to do with my purchase it is something I suspect will affect future auctions, namely the 4.5 that’s ending on Heritage tonight 

Edited by wiparker824

5 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

This is not an official Marvel announcement, but the rumors churned out by sites like this do have an affect: https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-daredevil-in-she-hulk/

FWIW I grabbed a 1.5 off CL this week for $2,288 and there were 2 - 2.5’s in the same auction that went for a few hundred more. Although all of these are higher than what they once were if you’re comparing to 2020 prices but they all went under the 90 day GPA. 90 day GPA for 2.5 is $3,011, and 1.5 is $2,400. Worth noting however the auctions on CL closed on 7/7 and this news is breaking on more sites after that. Although the news has nothing to do with my purchase it is something I suspect will affect future auctions, namely the 4.5 that’s ending on Heritage tonight 

That's the one I am looking at. Bought a 5.0 for 600 years ago, so this is all absolutely bonkers to me. I was sure my FF 5 (bought at the same time for the same price (lower grade of course)) would have gone up higher in price compared to DD 1 but that aint the case. 

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

That's the one I am looking at. Bought a 5.0 for 600 years ago, so this is all absolutely bonkers to me. I was sure my FF 5 (bought at the same time for the same price (lower grade of course)) would have gone up higher in price compared to DD 1 but that aint the case. 

Tell me about it…I passed on DD1 for around those prices years ago, was more focused on my ASM and X-men runs and figured it wasn’t going anywhere… and thought $500 was just too much for it lol :facepalm:. But whatever I funded my DD 1 purchase with an Ultimate Fallout 4 which I bought off the rack for cover price…

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

Tell me about it…I passed on DD1 for around those prices years ago, was more focused on my ASM and X-men runs and figured it wasn’t going anywhere… and thought $500 was just too much for it lol :facepalm:. But whatever I funded my DD 1 purchase with an Ultimate Fallout 4 which I bought off the rack for cover price…

And you see, I didn't buy fallout 4 because I couldn't care less (at the time). Full circle for the both of us.

Man, this is some nutty pricing, this book never reached $100 in this grade pre pandemic

image.thumb.png.58ee38ba64c25b3b75a440dd97684781.png

Oh and @wiparker824, that DD 1 4.5 went for looney numbers after all

13 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

FWIW I grabbed a 1.5 off CL this week for $2,288 and there were 2 - 2.5’s in the same auction that went for a few hundred more. Although all of these are higher than what they once were if you’re comparing to 2020 prices but they all went under the 90 day GPA. 90 day GPA for 2.5 is $3,011, and 1.5 is $2,400.

Just to respond to this, sadly the GPA is no longer a reliable source. HA has been getting higher prices than CLink recently and the GPA only includes HA out of those 2 in their data. So CLink sales will usually be less than GPA but it doesnt mean that they were aquired for less than Market Value. CLink does have more copies of affordable DD 1 copies that come up on auction compared to HA. 

Basically just to say that GPA is no longer reliable as an actual indication of a comic's market price, so we can't use it to see if a comic is really gaining or losing traction. 

Edited by William-James88

38 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Man, this is some nutty pricing, this book never reached $100 in this grade pre pandemic

image.thumb.png.58ee38ba64c25b3b75a440dd97684781.png

Oh and @wiparker824, that DD 1 4.5 went for looney numbers after all

Just to respond to this, sadly the GPA is no longer a reliable source. HA has been getting higher prices than CLink recently and the GPA only includes HA out of those 2 in their data. So CLink sales will usually be less than GPA but it doesnt mean that they were aquired for less than Market Value. CLink does have more copies of affordable DD 1 copies that come up on auction compared to HA. 

Basically just to say that GPA is no longer reliable as an actual indication of a comic's market price, so we can't use it to see if a comic is really gaining or losing traction. 

Eh, I disagree. It doesn’t include CL but it includes eBay, HA, CC, MCS, Hakes and several others. They include enough of a range of other sites to included fairly reasonable data point. Not perfect but pretty close and you can usually just expand and see if there’s any anomaly prices that are Heritage as they all link directly to HA if that’s the case.

Also for what it’s worth the 2 data points I referenced being the 90 day average for the 1.5 and 2.5 grades included 0 sales from Heritage in either of those averages, so the data I referenced didn’t include any Heritage or CLink data.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:41 PM, LordRahl said:

It links to HA but not others that I have seen.

GPA hyperlinks to MCS sales and at one point did with CC but not sure if they do CC anymore? 

Anyone know if "InternationalComicExchange" still reports to GPA at al? I think they may have cut ties. 

The general sense is market has calmed down a little for most at the moment with the exception of several huge keys that are not commonly available. I think those remain on fire. That's for marvel, I have no idea what's going on with DC. 

Edited by MGsimba77

On 6/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, William-James88 said:

I'm not convinced and was never able to establish a trend like that. Almost found the opposite to be true. GA Books sell well on comiclink and the seller retains much more of that final hammer price since Heritage has a whopping extra 20% buyer premium that the seller won't get. 

Here, the same book sold at both places. 

Comiclink in July 2020 sold for 700. Seller will get 700 - commission

image.thumb.png.88390b56978247ad55b1d4674610b44a.png

Heritage in May 2021 sold for 480. you then have to negate 20% before even looking at what the commission is based on.

So seller gets 400 - comission

image.thumb.png.675f01f845146e54a9aea565655c53bf.png

Seller would have been way better off going through comiclink.

If the same book sold on heritage makes any less than 20% more of what it gets on comiclink, then you as a seller are in a losing position.

If that really the case that consignors don't see a penny from that 20% buyer premium? That seems like a raw deal where you're needing such an overpeformance as a consignor to overcome that. Maybe if the base seller fee on HA is lower than other places it could make sense but damn....20% seems like a lot to overcome compared to the results Clink is producing. And Clink is only 10% seller fee, Ebay is 12.55% baseline and I think 15% 7,500 and up. I'm not sure if the Clink fee increases at a certain amount?

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

If that really the case that consignors don't see a penny from that 20% buyer premium? That seems like a raw deal where you're needing such an overpeformance as a consignor to overcome that. Maybe if the base seller fee on HA is lower than other places it could make sense but damn....20% seems like a lot to overcome compared to the results Clink is producing. And Clink is only 10% seller fee, Ebay is 12.55% baseline and I think 15% 7,500 and up. I'm not sure if the Clink fee increases at a certain amount?

Buyer premium only goes to the auctioneer, not the consignors.

5 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Buyer premium only goes to the auctioneer, not the consignors.

Yes I gathered that thanks. I was just wondering what the seller fee is on HA. Or if that 20% premium they keep amounts to the seller fee? 

Edited by MGsimba77

19 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Ebay selling fee for managed payments with a basic store is 11.7% up to $2,500, and only 2.35% for any amount above $2,500. Seems like the best option for big books. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

Ebay selling fee for managed payments with a basic store is 11.7% up to $2,500, and only 2.35% for any amount above $2,500. Seems like the best option for big books. 

What sucks about ebay is that you are at the mercy of the buyer. I wouldnt deal with ebay for a book over 2,500.