• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,226 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1.jpg.a8237cc7ba19372d1f0269daaa56d6ab.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3f212cac83336015f4ab926fc3eafa69.jpg

Can you please interpret this chart for me since the only number I have an inking to is the $3,840 figure for February 2022 and is that current bid of $2,550 the finaal winning bid?  Don't know what the other 3 numbers mean since I don't subscribe to any of these pricing services?  ???

On 10/24/2022 at 10:05 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1.jpg.a8237cc7ba19372d1f0269daaa56d6ab.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3f212cac83336015f4ab926fc3eafa69.jpg

If you are replying to me, we're not talking about a 6.5. My FF 5 for instance, looked better than a current issue of X-Men straight out of the distributors box. Many of my early Marvels were NM. They only went down to VF or less with GA comics. Back then, there wasn't a 10 point scale like now but pretty much everything I had from around 1967 and up was NM/M, and from 1962-1966, they were mostly what would get between an 8.5-9.2 today, with a couple exceptions that would get higher grades and a few lower grades. I bought these in bundles of 10-25 copies each issue and put them straight into bags if they were new and bought others pretty much wherever I could find them and I was very picky about condition.  I can still remember the shine on the covers of some of these comics, like the completely unmarred 3 copies of Avengers 57 and many issues around it. I also recall the rest of my full set of Avengers having a couple issues had chipping but not too many. Of course, at that time, they were less than 20 years old. Maybe it would have been tough to keep them in that condition until today. Still, that is how I remember them. FWIW, I was the official grader for the comic shop I worked at in the 70's, and freelanced a little appraising collections for another shop, so this isn't simple enthusiasm. My Neal Adams' Detectives, were all in the 9.2+ range. At the time they were only worth about $4.50 each but now I see some are worth quite a lot, like Detective 400 and Batman 227, both of which I had multiple copies of with good cover gloss, or my House of Secrets #92.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, lou_fine said:

Can you please interpret this chart for me since the only number I have an inking to is the $3,840 figure for February 2022 and is that current bid of $2,550 the finaal winning bid?  Don't know what the other 3 numbers mean since I don't subscribe to any of these pricing services?  ???

Not my post but it appears that the box on the left is the auction result from Clink and the narrow box on the right is the GPA data.   Going right to left the GPA data is most recent sale ($3840), 90 day average (for which there is none on Avengers #4), 12 mos average ($3873), 2021 Average ($3439), and 2020 average ($2138).  

Edited by DC#

Folks, the Avengers #4 cgc 6.5 final bid was $3020.  You need to refresh the page after the auction ends!  Here, an additional 6 bids at the end.  

AVENGERS #4, CGC 6.5 FN+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

1964, 1st Silver Age Captain America & Origin! Death of Bucky Revealed. Classic Kirby Cover.

Current Bid: $3,020
Number Of Bids: 41 

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/25/2022 at 2:34 PM, Steven Valdez said:

No, not that long... just you with your snide innuendos about sexual assault as something you find humorous, and that other guy.

Do you read what you write?

You seem to be fixated on a theme here.   Are you ok?

On 10/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, Microchip said:

Do you read what you write?

You seem to be fixated on a theme here.   Are you ok?

You're the one who raised the subject. Get over yourself, pick your irrational battles with someone who might enjoy engaging with your puerile passive-aggressive snark.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:20 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

She-Hulk 1 is taking a bath right now. $200 for a 9.6

Was thinking of buying one, but I’m not sure it’s reached it’s bottom yet :insane:

Along with She-Hulk 1 , Moon Knight 1 is approaching those numbers. ASM 361, X-Men 1 and 4 1991  will soon start to dip their toes into the under $100 waters and once McFaralane Signature event deadlines are reached expect Spawn 1 to sink like a brick dropped into the sea

Unless the same rubes want to get fooled again with Eternals #1 expect that to fall to near 2019 levels. 

Bottom line there will be many previously hot books that drop below the per-pandemic levels and many that won't. 

Predicting the final bottom is not likley except by luck but it's going to get much, much, worse before it gets better.  The last bust had ramifications for nearly 3 decades. Even if this bubble burst takes half the time that is still a 10+ situation for the market as a whole.

As I've said before if you have true business acumen you don't need a bubble to do good or well, those who are lacking will be weeded out. 

As always my post does not refer or allude to Silver/Atomic/Gold - think I'll add that to my sig

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, MAR1979 said:

Along with She-Hulk 1 , Moon Knight 1 is approaching those numbers. ASM 361, X-Men 1 and 4 1991  will soon start to dip their toes into those waters and once McFaralane Signature event deadlines are reached expect Spawn 1 to sink like a brick dropped into the sea

Unless the same rubes want to get fooled again with Eternals #1 expect that to fall to near 2019 levels. 

Bottom line there will be many previously hot books that drop below the per-pandemic levels and many that won't. 

Predicting the final bottom is not likley except by luck but it's going to get much, much, worse before it gets better.  The last bust had ramifications for nearly 3 decades. Even if this bubble burst takes hal the time that still a 10+ situation.

As I've said before if you have true business acumen you don't need a bubble to do good or well, those who are lacking will be weeded out. 

As always my post does not refer or allude to Silver/Atomic/Gold - think I'll add that to my sig

NM 98 is sinking like a stone right now.  2 sales at $700 4 days ago.

Last sale $550 :tonofbricks:

On 10/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sweet baby Jesus someone please make it stop.

one way to do that is to put either or both of them on ignore. 

it's made my experience here better, not having to read what 3 or 4 know-it-alls have to say about everything. and i'm sure ignoring me has made it better for some of them too!

On 10/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, alexgross.com said:

one way to do that is to put either or both of them on ignore. 

it's made my experience here better, not having to read what 3 or 4 know-it-alls have to say about everything. and i'm sure ignoring me has made it better for some of them too!

I, for one, am excited for the prospect of Friday-on-Wednesday.