• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why can't we search for golden age anymore on Ebay?
2 2

59 posts in this topic

This the last F'ing straw from Ebay!!!!! I just cannot beleive they won't allow us to  search specifically for golden age anymore. We have to go through hundreds of modern age just to find golden age. WTF????? What is wrong with Ebay? Every time they change, it is for the worse. Who is advising them?????

I am more mad than Plankton when he almost gets Mr Krabs recipe but fails again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

This the last F'ing straw from Ebay!!!!! I just cannot beleive they won't allow us to  search specifically for golden age anymore. We have to go through hundreds of modern age just to find golden age. WTF????? What is wrong with Ebay? Every time they change, it is for the worse. Who is advising them?????

I am more mad than Plankton when he almost gets Mr Krabs recipe but fails again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw that too and pissed away a bunch of time trying to figure out how to do it again.  

https://www.ebay.com/b/Golden-Age-Comics-1938-1955/66/bn_2310528

I think I'm confused :\

*edit*  Trying to actually go into golden age comics, and I cant get anything to actually load.  I click funny animal books and all I see are a list of publishers, and a bunch of ads.  Can't even get a list to populate.  Weird.  When I click on my saved searches I can still populate a list.  The ebay app on my phone doesnt even give you the choice to filter by age.  Weird.  I must have a virus.  

Thought maybe since ebay is unnavigable for GA books, I'd dig around and might get lucky on some books I've been looking for that I rarely see and always lose.  This is just painful to search, and it was bad before.

Edited by waaaghboss

15 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

Ebay is terrible. I stopped using it years ago and life has never been betterB|

I got scammed there and ebay didn’t care because they made their money. Multiple people were scammed by same seller on same post and ebay made it clear they didn’t care.

screw 'em . after this little fiasco, I'm done as well. Terribly sorry to hear of your misfortune :foryou:

You can filter on Era (and, yes, Golden Age is in there), but it doesn't work well. I was in a specific seller's area last night, and that filter wouldn't do anything at all. He has like 18,000 listings, so filters are kind of important. But, I agree that the whole refresh is terrible for the comic book area.

I had problems like you describe and found the age filters a little further down and in the format that the publisher filters are displayed. Very annoying at first. I've always felt that an aggressive belt whipping campaign, at minimum, is desperately needed at eBay Central. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I noticed this change yesterday when I tried to list items. Now everything is shoehorned into a single category: 

Collectibles>Comic Books & Memorabilia>Comics>Comics & Graphic Novels

Every one of my listings that I have bothered to check has had their specific era category replaced by this. Very frustrating.

7 hours ago, AJD said:

eBay Australia did away with useful subcategories in comics months ago. Now I have to scroll through pages of drek I would never be interested in to find those few items I'll be outbid on. :pullhair:

nothing worse than scrolling though pages and pages of drek 

Milehighcomics listings comes to mind....

It didn't look good for me as the seller.  My books can be overlooked and may be getting lost with ten thousand modern age comics.  If I may save my money to find a gem, I have to dig it up deeper until I strike the gold.

Not good news for GA book dealers.

Edited by JollyComics

I noticed that last night. I thought it was on my end. I can’t for the life of understand how they think this is a good thing for anybody. I only look at GA new today. With comics being one of the hottest collectible categories on the planet at the moment, it is just going to kill them. 

I buy a fair amount there. Going to have to find another place other than here on the boards. Between things like this and the death of comic shows due to covid, it is getting a lot harder to be a comic collector. 

Sure hope they replace the filters or there will be very little activity in the Comics areas. 

I'm so frustrated with this Ebay nonsense.  I just tried to look at comics there and find it impossible to browse in any meaningful way, they are force-feeding direct searches which is so backwards and anti-business sense my mind is boggled.  

and here is a direct paste of the idiocy they posted in the Golden Age section, written by someone who knows zero about comics:

How can you tell if a comic is Golden Age?

Here are a few ways that you can check to make sure that the book you are looking at purchasing is legitimate and authentic.

• Inside cover: Usually the inside cover will say "#1" or "First Edition."

I don't know what the most effective way to combat this is, but if there is a mass petition or anything like that please post about it here!